Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies Forging Forward (Read 45 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good afternoon, Fridailies!

I managed to get out for 4 hot miles this afternoon. The downside of working night shifts is that my run falls in the heat of the day. Good in December, not so good in June and July!

Anyway, it was a good run. Difficult, but I survived.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I also have tight hamstrings.  I told my cousin I only do the easy poses.  She said "there are no easy poses." I said, "Ok, let me rephrase: I do the poses where I can't hurt myself."  LOL

I've been doing Vinyasa and she signed us up for a stand up paddle-board yoga in August.   I plan on getting wet from falling over on that one.  Which one do you practice?  I'm not even sure of the differences between them all yet.

I was doing the Vinyasa as well for the 5 week session I did. I was shocked how much I enjoyed it, and even mores by how much I got out of it. I'm hoping to find a way to do some more.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

We have em, but they usually stay outside.  Been in AZ since 1999 and really haven't had any problems with them, though I still don't exactly like em.

I love the skyline out there so I could probably handle that.  Those big ass flying cockroaches that are the size of birds palmetto bugs in south Florida on the other hand, is another story!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I love the skyline out there so I could probably handle that.  Those big ass flying cockroaches that are the size of birds palmetto bugs in south Florida on the other hand, is another story!

What'd you think of my workout suggestions for you? I went to my sinister green sheet of special workouts for those.

LRB

What'd you think of my workout suggestions for you? I went to my sinister green sheet of special workouts for those.

Thanks for pointing them out, it skipped over your post so I never saw it!

Those are interesting, I'll let them marinate in my brain tonight while I'm swimming laps in my beloved wine bottle.  I usually wake up with the answer.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Thanks for pointing them out, it skipped over your post so I never saw it!

Those are interesting, I'll let them marinate in my brain tonight while I'm swimming laps in my beloved wine bottle.  I usually wake up with the answer.

I won't be hurt if you don't try them. The cool thing about those is you're running shorter and faster on tired legs as the workouts progress, which kinda simulates where you're at in the mile.

LRB

I won't be hurt if you don't try them. The cool thing about those is you're running shorter and faster on tired legs as the workouts progress, which kinda simulates where you're at in the mile.

No it's cool, I am in the free part of the season so it's all gravy.  The only thing I'm missing is some piping hot buttery biscuits.  Speaking of gravy, I make a mean ass mushroom gravy which has nothing to do with anything.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

No it's cool, I am in the free part of the season so it's all gravy.  The only thing I'm missing is some piping hot buttery biscuits.  Speaking of gravy, I make a mean ass mushroom gravy which has nothing to do with anything.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Funny you mention it...I've been craving biscuits and gravy like nobody's business of late.

Looking forward to a FE between SIAR & LRB over a romantic dinner of homemade biscuits & gravy. Get a room you two!

Back to the yoga - I have generally done Vinyasa, although there seems to be quite a bit of overlap between the various styles, and more often than not what you get depends on instructor preference.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  Biscuits & gravy?

Looking forward to a FE between SIAR & LRB over a romantic dinner of homemade biscuits & gravy. Get a room you two!

Back to the yoga - I have generally done Vinyasa, although there seems to be quite a bit of overlap between the various styles, and more often than not what you get depends on instructor preference.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dr. Cornsitter

Who is the biscuit and who is the gravy?

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

delicate flower

8 miles done at 9:05 pace.  Light effort.  In an un-Baboonlike move, I ran outside even through the threat of heavy rain loomed.  In fact, I drove through some torrential downpours on the way home.  But I managed to not get rained on although the heat and humidity still soaked me.  Cool story, eh bro?

<3

Hip Redux

I got in three miles between rain storms.   Meh.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Oh come on, don't be salty, I'm sure there's plenty for you as well! We could invite Beachy too, she'll bring the corn!

Docket_Rocket

Bahahaha.  Damn it, I was drinking when I read this!

Oh come on, don't be salty, I'm sure there's plenty for you as well! We could invite Beachy too, she'll bring the corn!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page