Beginners and Beyond

No Shoes, No Shirt, No SATURDAILIES (Read 71 times)

LRB

I am higher than a damn airplane!

Zing!

delicate flower

PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET:  HAPPY FREAKIN SATURDAY.

I slept 11 hours last night and the wife had to drag me out of bed this morning.  I needed that!  I'll hit the elliptical for another hour today.  Wife and I have lots of chores to get done.  First stop:  My favorite coffee place!  Hopefully they'll be brewing something delicious and expensive.

<3

Shakedown Street

mom-good luck on your 20

kristin10185-respect the ugly shirt, one time my grandmother gave me a sweater with a unicorn on it. I was in 6th grade. My mom made me wear it to school.

Scott-enjoy your 3

So im a runner-have fun on your 16 or so.

Beth-I am with you on swimming today.

The weather is beautiful today, 50s, sunny, no humidity. I need a rest day as I have not had one in 3 weeks. After the liver/wine loading last night I got a large starbucks drip and a freaking apple fritter for breakfast.

Today, no running, maybe swim or some time on the trainer.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Chairman

I guess I'll go out later and run until my ankle starts hurting.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

runmomto3boys

I guess I'll go out later and run until my ankle starts hurting.

Undecided  I know full well what you are saying.  I hated those days when my IT band was tweaked and that was the only approach.  I'm sorry.

Chairman

Undecided  I know full well what you are saying.  I hated those days when my IT band was tweaked and that was the only approach.  I'm sorry.

It's depressing, most of all because I keep being reminded that this sort of crap didn't happen when I was younger.

notimeforthat

The plan was to meet a training buddy for  2100 yds of swimming, 2 hour ride outdoors with a 15 minute run to follow.

Plans have changed. The boy woke up throwing up and so my 3 hour day turned into a swim day. I will ride indoors for 2 hours then run if I get the chance, but I need the nurse to call me back and let me know if I have promethazine to help the poor kid out waiting at Walgreens.

So it goes.

hog4life

I'm just getting up, and with all you early birds, I've missed half the day, lol. Today is LR for me, hoping for 12 or so, but gotta get up for some coffe first. Have a good weekend everyone.

Mitch

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

scrape maybe you need to take awhile off and let it heal. That is what I finally realized I needed to do with my IT band. I would run til it hurt, but then I would spend the next few days hobbling around. Finally I decided it was best in the long run just to take a few weeks off and let it heal, then rehab it before trying to run again. I hate it, but it is the only way it can really get better. I want to have a great year of running. In June I have my first 10 mile race, and I'm going to start training for it in March. And in July I am going to start training for my half in October. Being able to be healthy enough to train for thoseraces is more important than running today. So if I have to take off til mid February to make it possible than so be it I guess. I don't know if that approach would work for you, but it may be worth considering. Tine off sucks, but trying to run injured really really sucks.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning! 10 miles sometime tonight.  I never heard the alarm this morning to join the running group, I was so tired.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

scrape, hope the ankle is nothing major.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Chairman

scrape maybe you need to take awhile off and let it heal. That is what I finally realized I needed to do with my IT band. I would run til it hurt, but then I would spend the next few days hobbling around. Finally I decided it was best in the long run just to take a few weeks off and let it heal, then rehab it before trying to run again. I hate it, but it is the only way it can really get better. I want to have a great year of running. In June I have my first 10 mile race, and I'm going to start training for it in March. And in July I am going to start training for my half in October. Being able to be healthy enough to train for thoseraces is more important than running today. So if I have to take off til mid February to make it possible than so be it I guess. I don't know if that approach would work for you, but it may be worth considering. Tine off sucks, but trying to run injured really really sucks.

I've taken a lot of time off recently. I am coming off about 5 weeks off that didn't seem to make any difference for my ankle problem. Maybe I need to take a full year off, I don't know. Anyway, I didn't come here for suggestions on fixing this. I have plenty of ideas of my own. Just reporting what I am doing today.

Hi all,

I have been mostly lurking; as soon as I joined this group, I injured my foot & took 2 weeks off, so nothing to post. Been trying to ease back into it, hopefully now back in full training mode. Solid runs the last 2 days, will cross train with 75 min intense yoga today, and plan a LR tomorrow. I love running in the cold, as long as the snow stays away....

Dave

@runjerseygirl

Wow, 10:30 and I'm just logging in to RA?  What is wrong with me, LOL!

LRB, that was me yesterday.  Energy abound!

No running for me today, save for the gait analysis I'll be getting here in a few hours.  I'm heading up to Roadrunner with my RP to get fitted for new shoes.  I can't wait.  I've been reading and reading and reading over the last two weeks, and I'm finally ready to get fitted.  I have a little bit of $$ stashed away, so I'll be able to get some shoes without any flack from the husband.  I'll just have to figure out how to explain how I paid for the shoes, LOL!  Oh well.

Do you even run?

LRB

Supp foo's!

I went out for 8 miles with 6 of them @ goal marathon pace and wasn't even sure I would be able to do that.

Halfway through it though I started thinking about the dailies and all the dedicated runners we have and even those who are struggling with injuries (I used to be one) and managed to crank out 9 miles total w/ 7 miles @ 7:56.

Not to get all corny and shit but you mofo's rock!