Beginners and Beyond

Another Case of the MONDAILIES (Read 51 times)

LRB

The toughest thing is when your training schedule is already packed for the week with VO2max intervals on Tuesday and MP miles on Sunday's long run ... so there's not a whole lot of wiggle room when the weather throws a curve at you.

This was the reason I decided against running the Martian Marathon (it's in April) last year, and why I have ruled out spring marathons altogether.

And yes, the season change is in 48 hours.  It may take a while to get here temperature wise, but it is definitely a good thing!

Zelanie

I'm still questioning what Garmin tells me. If it's correct, then a sub-hour 10K seems rather inevitable Smile

FYP!

As for me, My plan bumps the LR and MLR back up this week, but overall mileage stays the same, so I get an extra SRD this week!  So today I will rest, and hopefully be fresh for my 1600s tomorrow.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Been busy posting on RRs this morning, so no time for personals.  I'm looking to get a double in today, and am hoping that at least the second run can be outside.  Right now it's pouring and the lunch run will be on the mill.  I'd like between 14-18 total miles, but we'll see.

Have a good day of everyone.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Just B.S.

No, but it is currently 9 degrees in Ottawa. The low is actually up to 19 for tomorrow, but I think it's a nice excuse to take a day off after 17 days.

B-Plus, I didn't know you lived in Ottawa. Our son goes to school there.Smile

One of my favorite cities and I visit as often as I can.

B-Plus

B-Plus, I didn't know you lived in Ottawa. Our son goes to school there.Smile

One of my favorite cities and I visit as often as I can.

I don't live there, I'm just heading there for a few days. I'm a west-coaster so anything below 5 celcius is cold for me. It'll be nice to get out of this rain though.

This was the reason I decided against running the Martian Marathon (it's in April) last year, and why I have ruled out spring marathons altogether.

Fortunately I am unencumbered by a "training plan", so can go full steam ahead with the spring races! Smile

I was originally hoping to do the Martian full, but decided to back off to the half, and shoot for the Ann Arbor full in June.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Travel day for me.  If I get home early enough, I will run although it sounds like I won't have time.

Hope everybody has a great day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Changed my mind.  I'm pretty sore from yesterday.  I'll take a rest day today and retest tomorrow.

Do you even run?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hiya B and B dailies!

I did 11.1 again today.  I guess I should change my little saying under my avi to double digit runner, huh?

WTG Flatrunner on the race

Basya what great paces.  Faster than I am for sure!

Bruce great work on the recover run

Thom yes you are insane.  But I've done it too.  We will go to Michigan in April.  Last time we went there in April we left 80 degrees for 40's and snow on a few days.  I'm hoping this time it will not be like that.

Just finished lunch.  Back to work I guess.

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

I had a better run than I expected - after struggling to get motivated at first, I felt stronger and stronger as the miles went by. I did break up the 6 miles into 3x2 miles at 8:00 pace w/2:00 recovery. Final was 10 miles in 1:27:47 - 8:47 overall pace. Seemed appropriate that the song on my iPod as I finished the last tempo interval (bumped it up to 5k pace for the last half-mile) was "Runnin' Down A Dream" by Tom Petty.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did Race #18 for the year on Sunday. This time I put the report on the forum here and thanks to LRB for directing me to Photobucket, I got the photos to appear this time.  Here is the link to my report and photos:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/a4b6ebc787f14c6ea0105abf5918afd0/resume#focus

After doing a 5K on Saturday and the one on Sunday, which was a bit hilly, today is a rest day for me.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Luke79

Hello guys.

5 miles @ 9:12, then about 6 miles on the mtb with some trail action.

Riding the bike AFTER the run is totally the way to go.  Why is it so much easier than bike/run?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Got the first of my runs in...8 miles on the TM.  The only bad thing is that I wanted to get my hill sprints in on run 1, but now I'll have to either do them after my 10 mile run later or skip them until Thursday.  Oh the drama ha.

LRB...I don't know why, but I seem to do so much better training for a spring marathon than a fall one.  It's not that I don't like running in the heat, because I do, but I usually find that by the end of the year I'm not healthy enough to get a fall marathon in.  Maybe this year I can get a second marathon (would make it 2/4 years).

Zelanie....Are you running in  your new pic, or are you celebrating?  That's nice that you get an extra day of rest this week - enjoy it.

DaveP...No plan??? Blasphemy!  Smile

Docket...Have a safe flight.

Kay...enjoy the rest.

Marjorie...nice job on your run.  I try to keep my average around 12 miles per day too.

Step...glad you had a good run...nice mileage and pace.

Scotty..you deserve that rest!

Luke..Great work on the reverse brick.  It's hard to say what makes the difference...I've only ever biked first.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Luke79

@ Zelanie....your new av wins the internet.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your race and beating your goal, flarunner!

Have a great Monday yourself, Sparker.  I don't know about 'great" here, but it certainly will be hot...San Antonio will be in the 90s today, temperature-wise!  Crazy weather.

Good luck with your t-ball practice, Dave?  How far can you hit a t-ball?  Wink  Congrats on your race!

Safe travel, B-Plus! You're traveling to sub-10 weather.  Voluntarily? Shocked  Wink

Happy you are doing great, Phil!  Hope you continue to feel good!

Biofreeze for the quads, Bruce!   Good luck with your treadmill miles. Congrats on your weekend running!

I bet you can do a sub-hour 10K, Basya!  Good luck!

Way to get your yoga done, DaveP!  So if you do nekkid yoga...would you be Yoga Bare?  With no Boo-Boo, of course.

Congrats on your mileage progress from last year, Robert, way to go!  Good luck with hitting your monthly mileage goal, but don't push it so much that you get injured.

Safe trip to Ohio, Tom!  Heckuva time of year to go up there!  You couldn't wait until June or July? May, even! Joking

You don't suck, Kristin, you are just in the middle of your 'comeback" to getting to where you were... Smile

Good luck with that 9-miles, Beth.  And I sure hope you don't freeze out there!

Welcome back to work, April! Hope your desk was not piled to high with all the "Let April do it when she comes back" stuff.  Good luck with your tempo pace run today!

Dang, nice workout LRB!  I can do about 1 - 2 reps with those bands, lol.  Thanks for the tip on Photobucket...worked great for my race report on my Sunday 5K.

Congrats on your  workout, Oski.  Blue bands?  So this is a set of strengthening bands you can get?  I assume they are color coded for changing as you progress?  Where do you get these bands from?  I'm guessing you can use them at home, right?

Good luck with the doubles, SoI'mARunner!  hope the weather behaves for you!

Safe travel, Damaris.  Hope you get home in time to run.

Happy rest day, Kay!  Hope that soreness goes away quickly.

Way to go on the 11.1, Marjorie!

Yay, Step, for runs that go better than expected!  Gotta love runs like that!

Congrats on your workout, Luke.  Guess that's why the Ironman does bike/run..make it more challenging, right?  Wink

Enjoy the extra rest day, Zelanie!  Love your new avatar, you look great!  And make it look like running is pure joy for you, nice!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt