Beginners and Beyond

Another Case of the MONDAILIES (Read 51 times)

Docket_Rocket

Bah.  The flight is delayed 30 minutes.  No running tonight as I get in at 8pm.

RR has been posted.  No pics since I wrote it on the iPad but I'll add some later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

I don't live there, I'm just heading there for a few days. I'm a west-coaster so anything below 5 celcius is cold for me. It'll be nice to get out of this rain though.

Ahh, I"m an east coaster. 5 Celcius is nice and warm for us!LOL

Enjoy Ottawa!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, feel for all of you still dealing with nasty weather.  Please feel free to live "vicariously" in San Antonio....

Today

3/18/2013

Hi: 91°

Sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. West winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the north 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Lo: 55°

Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tuesday

3/19/2013

Hi: 81°

Partly sunny. Not as warm. Highs in the lower 80s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Lo: 61°

Cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain. Lows around 60. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Wednesday

3/20/2013

Hi: 74°

Cloudy in the morning then becoming partly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Lo: 60°

Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s.

Thursday

3/21/2013

Hi: 86°

Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 80s. Lows in the lower 60s.

Lo: 61°

Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 80s. Lows in the lower 60s.

Friday

3/22/2013

Hi: 78°

Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s.

Lo: 46°

Partly cloudy. Colder. Lows in the mid 40s.

Saturday

3/23/2013

Hi: 68°

Mostly clear. Highs in the lower 70s. Lows in the mid 40s.

Lo: 41°

Mostly clear. Highs in the lower 70s. Lows in the mid 40s.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Those temps would be lovely for me, Scotty.  We are heading to 90F this week and low of 70F.  The day of my ultra will be 88F as the high and yes, I'll be running during the hottest part of the day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Beth, I briefly read the thread in the last two days and I am sorry to hear your aunt cannot live by herself, but I am sure the family will make her last years comfortable.  Stay strong.  You are an amazing person for taking her in.

How's the dog doing??

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Dave, bravo on the A.M. yoga.

Robert, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day. There are thirteen days left in March; you can do it!

Tom, have safe trip.

kristin10185, 2.5 isn't shabby.

B-Plus, great 6.6 at 8:54.

Shari, amazing ten-miler on the TM.

BruceD555, I think that spring will be a little late to the party this year.

Beth, has a great time doing your chilly nine.

AprilRunner, have fun six on the TM.

Rick, wonderful workout this morning.

Oski, you do Myrtl exercises, too?

Zelanie, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day. What does FYP mean?

SIAR, I hope you manage a double and like it.

Damaris, have a safe trip.

Kay, I hope that your rest day refreshes your sore muscles.

Marjorie, great 11.1 this morning.

scottydawg, enjoy your well-earned rest  day. Congratulations!

Luke, fantastic five at a wonderful pace.

Just B.S.

Beth, I briefly read the thread in the last two days and I am sorry to hear your aunt cannot live by herself, but I am sure the family will make her last years comfortable.  Stay strong.  How's the dog doing??

Dog is doing much better thanks. Another two weeks on the meds and then back

for follow up blood tests. No permanent kidney damage, which is good.

Right now I"m the one needing the prayers. Being a 24/7 caregiver to an elderly

person is no small task. But I'm sure I will get through. I've survived a lot worse

in the last 10 years.

Gotta go, It's bath time now. Not for me, for the Auntie.Smile

ON a happy side note. I was putting something in my jewellery box today and saw

the birthstone I got when I saw 12. I haven't worn it in over 30 years and haven't

tried in on in the 14 years since I lost weight.

I put it on my finger and it fits now!!! even a little loose!  How many girls can say they

are wearing the same ring they got when they were 12!LOL

Hip Redux

Oski, you do Myrtl exercises, too?

Much of my PT overlaps wih the Myrtl routine, yep.  A lot of hips/glutes stuff!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hugs for Beth

Shout out to the myrtl crowd...I do it to. As well as stretches I learned in PT and exercises from the strengthrunning.com ITB routine. ITBS is going down! lok

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Right now I"m the one needing the prayers. Being a 24/7 caregiver to an elderly

person is no small task. But I'm sure I will get through. I've survived a lot worse

in the last 10 years.

Gotta go, It's bath time now. Not for me, for the Auntie.Smile 

You have my admiration and my good thoughts Smile

Zelanie

B

Thanks, guys! The avatar was from the 9 mile marker on Saturday. At that point I knew I was going to come in under goal so was having some fun.

Basya- That stands for "fixed your post".

Ball of Fury

Happy Monday Dailies!  I had a really hard time motivating myself to do my run today, but made it  out there.  I was supposed to just do 6 easy, but decided to do my Strength workout from tomorrow, because even though it was rainy and windy, tomorrow looks even worse.  And, good lord that was a hard workout, but I made it through.  2 mile warm-up, 4 x 1.5 miles @ GHMP (7:44, 7:46, 7:45, and 7:28) with 800 recoveries and 1 mile cool-down.  I got a little carried away on the last one, but I was cold and wet and was so tired of running up and down the same stretch of road, I just wanted it to be over (I have been trying to do my faster runs on flat ground because my goal race is so flat, but we only have a 1.2 mile stretch that is flat, so I ended up just running back and forth on that....boring!!).  Sorry I don't have time for personals....great running all!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

It must be race season, because our forum page is loaded with race reports and running related content.  Me likey!

Beth, I'm marveling at the fortitude and kindness you're showing.

Zelanie, thanks for the explanation.

AmiK, great workout.

Rick, it's my favorite time of yearSmile

Just B.S.

Beth, I'm marveling at the fortitude and kindness you're showing.

Thanks Basya and other folks for your kind comments. Nothing I'm sure all of you wouldn't do

for a loved one.

Got caught up doing some things with my Aunt so I didn't have time for 9 easy miles. So I decided

to make the  5.75 miles I had time for count and ran then in 56 minutes with 400 feet of gain. It was

cold as heck (wind chill of 0F) but felt fantastic. Not hard but not easy, just right!