Beginners and Beyond

favorite typos - what's yours? (Read 154 times)

Sent a text to our network admin to ask some questions....

I ended up just calling because I was laughing so hard I couldn't type anymore.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Possessives/plural's

I laugh every time I see this mistake - and no, I'm not laughing with you.

In transit, arriving on time. 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I texted my boyfriend that I was going with a friend of mine to get a mani pedi. Except my phone decided it didn't like those words and autocorrected them, and I pressed send before I double checked. I told him, "Going with Amy to get a man penis." OOPS!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Singer who runs a smidge

I typed something about "snooze buttons" this morning.  My phone corrected it to "snooze virgins."

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Mostly harmless

I often have to correct myself when typing the word "marathon". For some reason my fingers want to type "marathong".

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

aponi

never runs the tangents

We have an instant message program at work. One of my friends got a question via IM from someone she's never met that had to do with the 401(k). She told me that our IM program turns (k) into a pair of kissing lips.

not sure why the work IM would have kissing lips but we also have a beer and martini glass on there

DH's phone turns "thanks" into "thanksgiving". So we have these chats like

"hey picked up your drycleaning"

"thanskgiving"

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Supersono99

I texted "love you Hun" to my hubby and quickly hit send. My phone autocorrected it to say, "love you Jon". My husband's name...not Jon.

Just B.S.

What about plain old misdirected texts? Own up if you've sent an embarrassing text to the wrong person! I have.

When I first got my Iphone I added my sons number to my contacts.

I texted him for 2 days and didn't get a single response. Probably sent 6-8 texts that came back as delivered.

I was starting to get A) ticked off B) very worried (he is 12 hours away at school)

So I called him to see why he wasn't responding.

He said "Mom, you didn't send me any texts".Roll eyes Opps wrong number!!LOL

Creawood

First thing I did on the iPad was turn off auto correct.  I hate how the machine turns the human into a blithering idiot.  I'll just make my typos the old-skool way, by hand.

StepbyStep-SH

My son came running in from the next room to see why I was laughing so hard! Bhubaneswar?!!!! My stomach hurt I was laughing so hard at that!

Not an auto-correct typo but memorable - I work for a small town newspaper building ads. The local Clock shop was having a "huge blowout on Grandfather cocks".  Luckily we caught that error before it went to press lol.

Bet that would have made it onto Jay Leno's headlines! The paper I worked for just out of college had a problem with a classified ad that was miscoded. The ad for "free puppies" ended up under the heading "Good Things to Eat." Oops. (Disclaimer: I worked in the newsroom, NOT in classifieds.)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Kristin - That is hilarious!

I'mNotScott - I do the same thing. It is one of my more common typos.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Antipodean

My daughter wet her bed out of the blue (she was 8 years old), she never had a problem with this. My mom lives downstairs from us & I had to go to work so I texted her to tell her about it and that I'd put the sheets in the washing machine, could she please deal with it when it's through. But I accidentally sent the text to the mom of my daughter's friend. She was very understanding. Sad

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

bluerun

Super B****

My friend sent me a text the other day to tell me that she just happened to be thinking of me because she'd made "naked falafel."  Just as I was thinking it might be time to reevaluate our friendship, I learned her phone deemed "naked falafel" more appropriate than "baked falafel."

Okay, then!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

andee1296

Our local newspaper had an article about one of my coworkers who had undergone a kidney transplant. The article made reference to "donating orgasms" instead of "donating organs." I wish I had kept the print edition or at least sent it to Jay Leno. Of course the online edition got corrected right away.