Beginners and Beyond

Back to business TUESdailies (Read 57 times)

Hip Redux

I just wrote up this really awesome dailies post and my computer crashed.

So, instead, I'll just say happy tuesday all!  lol

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

LRB - good job on that tough workout. I have 5x1000 on the schedule for tomorrow so I feel your pain.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

I just wrote up this really awesome dailies post and my computer crashed.

Isn't this the modern day equivalent to "the dog ate my homework"?

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Tuesday!  At 6:30 PM yesterday, I did my 21st race race of 2013,  the April Fools 5K, which turned out to be 2.5 miles instead of 3.1 miles.  April Fool's!  Nice turnout for a Monday evening event, over 180 participants.  Also had some 'surprises' along the course.  After work today, I will post my report with photos.    This morning I was up at 5 a.m. and off to the university gym where I plugged out 3.3 miles.  It was VERY humid - 93% and a temp of 71 already at 6 a.m., sheesh -  as we are supposed to get some major thunderstorms/rain in the PM, which is why I opted to do a morning run today.   The Air Force ROTC folks were out running too, so I got to do a mile or so with them. Flashbacks to my own Air Force days!    Today was my 4th running day in a row, and my back is letting me know about it!  Mildly, thank goodness, but still fussing at me.  I usually only do 2 running days in a row, so tomorrow will probably be a rest day.

Way to get it done in that weather, LRB!

Congrats on your 6, flarunner.

Hope the knee does behave for you, Sparker.

Good luck with the 11 miles, Damaris.   Glad Trixie is feeling better.

Happy 3 miles, Kay!

Glad your weather is improving for you, DaveP.  So why the treadmill?  Still too cold for outside running?

Good luck with the Self PT, baboon.  Maybe you can video yourself and then you'll have your own training tape to follow to help you remember it all.

Congrats on the miles, Fuzzy.   I assume you are back home now.

Good luck with the miles, Gustav!  What, no video for us of you karaoke-ing?

Enjoy the miles, Step, and the strength class.

Dang, Bruce, you and LRB got some cold weather!  So if the sun is shining, that means outside run?

Good luck with the recovery miles, April. lol on the card.

Sorry about the puter crash, Oski!  Happy Tuesday to you!  What is that outfit in your avatar?  I'm trying to decide if it's some kind of bear....or Fred Flintstone right after he got a face-lift...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies, and Happy Tuesday, everyone!

It seems that everyone's survived April Fools' Day!

I'm going to do an easy 4 or so today, after coffee, breakfast, and other essential tasks are completed.

Quick note on the Garmin 110 that I just acquired. It's a little less feature-laden than the 305, but it does a good job so far. It has more smoothing on the pace, rather than the more instantaneous pace readout that the 305 gives me. I think that it acquires satellites more quickly, but I'll have to use it a few times to see if that's true or not. I'm hoping that it does, since that was the one drawback that I noted with the older model.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

B-Plus

Good morning!

Dave & LRB - Didn't the weather gods get the memo? Winter is over.

I suppose I'll run later today. Somewhere between 5-7 miles.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.3 miles for me was a good run today

Marjorie

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning.  Ran my 5.1 with a running partner (for the first time) this morning.  That was different...

Running for TJ because he can't.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm back in NY and finishing up any odds and ends that are needed.

Not sure if I will run today. I am supposed to, but my IT band was bugging me a bit after yesterday's 4 mile run. I have 2 races next weekend so I don't want to push anything. If I don't run I will go to the gym and do the elliptical.

Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

Dave - basically. lol

Sorry about the puter crash, Oski!  Happy Tuesday to you!  What is that outfit in your avatar?  I'm trying to decide if it's some kind of bear....or Fred Flintstone right after he got a face-lift...

http://www.calbears.com/trads/cal-m-fb-mas.html   Big grin

http://www.calbears.com/trads/cal-m-fb-mas.html   Big grin

I like the statement "It was decided in 1940 that a costumed mascot would make a more suitable alternative to a live bear." I wonder how many people got eaten before they made that decision. (Didn't they ever watch Colbert?)

Dave

Hip Redux

I like the statement "It was decided in 1940 that a costumed mascot would make a more suitable alternative to a live bear." I wonder how many people got eaten before they made that decision. (Didn't they ever watch Colbert?)

There's so much about the Oski bear that makes me chuckle.  Also - "Oski chugs beer through a hole in his right eye."

Ric-G

morning all..

ran 7 this AM at an easy pace. sounds like the wind and cold is still a pain in the a**....get to do my taxes today...glad that will be done. have a good day all.

marathon pr - 3:16

Posted this in the penguin thread, guess it should've been here. Did a 5k race today at work. It started at 0630. around 200 runners showed up to run it. The race was free and was in support of combating sexual harrassment in the workplace. It was chilly, about 30 degrees at the start. Great race. I had planned on sub 9 minute miles for this one, held an 8:40 avrerage, so nice comfortable pace. It turned out to be 3.44 miles, tad longer that 5k. At the end we all lined up for a photo shoot in the shape of a large ribbon. Local EMS provided the ladder truck so that the shot could be taken from over head. Should be a great photo..

Jess runs for bacon

I didn't go back to my hill workout yesterday because the weather got über nasty. Instead this morning I went to the LRS which yoga yoga for runners and an optional 3 mile run before hand. It was only three of us for the run, and just looking at them I knew they would be way faster than me. I just let them go and did two. It was nice, no music and lots of hills. The yoga kicken my ass in a good way, I'm going to do it again.

I'm getting my hair re-blonded again today, yay!