Beginners and Beyond

Back to business TUESdailies (Read 57 times)

LRB

Oski and Bruce, I do speed work at the track and on a closed loop in the park on the weekend.

During the week though neither of those is convenient or practical, so I take a chance with traffic lights and traffic for what is essentially, my secondary speed session (although it comes first) of the week.

For the most part, despite a hitch here or there, it works.  But my absolute quality # 1 speed workouts are reserved for Saturdays.

Docket_Rocket

Hope you feel better!

Yup....I know you deal with it too it SUCKS! I missed almost the entire month of January and have been building up miles very slowly since....had a month of PT, I do strengthening, foam rolling, stretches, run with a strap....overall it is pretty good but every now and then it acts up a bit. Nothing like it was doing when I ended up throwing in the towel and taking 3 full weeks off running completely, but enough to make me shuffle around runs to take rest days when it bothers me. I haven't had to cut a planned run short because of it in awhile, right now if it hurts usually it hurts after the run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I just hit my elbow with a corner of the wall at home so hard it's bleeding.  And I'm not going to talk about the pain shooting up my arm!  Let me say that my pushups today will be interesting.  Ouch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

OMG Damaris oww!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

Docket - Ouch!!

LRB - So do you do your long run on Sunday then? The reason I ask is that I just did 5 @ 9:04, and my legs are toast from yesterday!! Actually, I've done hard one day then long or long-ish the next in the past, and that next day just sucks!! It feels great to get through it though.

outoftheblue

Just finished today's workout -- 4.3 miles at easy pace, plus upper-body weights.  DH is making homemade pizza for dinner.  Yum!

Life is good.

LRB

LRB - So do you do your long run on Sunday then? The reason I ask is that I just did 5 @ 9:04, and my legs are toast from yesterday!! Actually, I've done hard one day then long or long-ish the next in the past, and that next day just sucks!! It feels great to get through it though.

Yes.  Speed work or a race on Saturday, long run on Sunday, Monday off, back to speed work on Tuesday then run easy until Saturday and repeat

What happened today I believe is that I was coming off a race effort Saturday, that had more of an effect on me than I realized.

B-Plus

Yes.  Speed work or a race on Saturday, long run on Sunday, Monday off, back to speed work on Tuesday then run easy until Saturday and repeat

What happened today I believe is that I was coming off a race effort Saturday, that had more of an effect on me than I realized.

Thanks for explaining that. I don't think I'd want to do LR after speed/race on a regular basis, but I guess that's how they did it in the old days. One of our local clubs does speed work on Saturday, so I can only assume most members do their LR on Sundays. I just wish there were more races on Saturdays around here. I can only think of 2.

I hope that everyone has been having a good TuesdaySmile

flarunner, bravo on running six miles in muggy weather this morning.

Damaris, I'm happy that Trixie is moving around by herself. I hope tht your elbow is OK.

Fuzzy, fantastic pre-work 5.4.

BruceD555, awesome job doubling.

Rick, I like how you made the best of a less-than-ideal situation.

scottydawg, you are a better person than I, cranking out that many miles in 93% humidity.

Marjorie, brava running 12.3 early today.

Robert, wonderful work doing 5.1 in the a.m..

kristin10185, I hope that your IT band feels better.

Ric-G, I hope that doing your taxes was easier than your run.

billd76, congratulations on your 5K!

lilac_jive, great job running and doing yoga this morning. I hope that you enjoyed being pampered.

Luke, terrific three-mile tempo run.

AmiK, amazing ten-miler. I hope that you feel better soon.

Tom, sweet four-miler.

Shari, sweet seven-miler. I hope that your ankle stops troubling you soon.

outoftheblue, wonderful weight training and running.

As soon as Passover was done, I doubled on the push-ups and ab work, doing two rounds of thirty-five push-ups and my ab routine.

Now, chocolate ice cream with peanut butter and bedSmile

Docket_Rocket

The elbow is not as painful as I expected it to be.  Did 10.03 miles and ran out of time to finish the 11.  It was 86F so I had to slow down which cost me the extra mile.  I'll do it later.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hi nightlies:

7 miles with 10x100m strides, 7:36 pace.  In a snow squall.   asdfdasdfds.

Nice race, Bill, congrats on your Early Bird 5K!  Did your wife run too?

Nice turn out for an early a.m. race on a weekday.  Obviously, these people did not want to go to work right away..  Wink

Scottie,

Nah, Brenda had to work. She has been looking for a race. At the moment our next one is the Penn Winery 5k trail run in Chadds Ford PA. it's on May 19th.