Beginners and Beyond

Twisty Tuesdailies (Read 46 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury  to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. No fun picture. Someone else can add one.

I'm off to run around the harbor then meetings all day.

Marjorie

LRB

Supp MA!

It is hard to believe but I will be heading out the door in about 15 minutes for some blasted speed work.  I say that because the night went by so flippin' fast!

No matter, I just have to make it through the day then it will be lights out early tonight.

Check back later!

flarunner

Mornin' Kids!

7 miles done this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

Goo morning, everyone!

Marjorie, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a pleasant runs

Rick, enjoy the speedwork.

flarunner, great seven.

I'm not running today, either. I awoke a coughing, sneezing, congested mess. I tried to run, but after only a quarter-mile, had enough trouble breathing that I thought I was going to pass out on Beacon Street.

It's a coldSad I'll try for two during my break, to console myself. Weights, gentle cardio, and ab work tonight.

Maybe, I'll double on Friday, so that this week isn't a loss.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  3 miles done this morning.  More miles with DH and weights tonight.  Compared to what I ran on Sunday, today it felt like freezing ha!

RR posted.

Marjorie, enjoy the meetings.  I cannot wait til you get here!

LRB, enjoy your run.  Stay awake!

fla, nice 7.

Basya, hope you feel better soon!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 on cobbles and brick sidewalks and some wood etc. was interesting. Feet a little sore. Wore the shoes I will do Hatfield and MCcoy in. They worked well.

Morning everyone. Happy speed work LRB.

D I will be there next week!

Hi  FR and Basya.

Feel better Basya.

Marjorie

Mornin' Kids!

7 miles done this morning.

Have a great day everyone!

Ditto.

Dave

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!!

It’s okay that I’m living vicariously through all of you while I’m on IR, right?   I’ll take that as a yes then!!  :-)

Marjorie – A run by the harbor sounds delightful!   When we vacationed in San Diego last fall, I ran in the harbor there and it was awesome!!  I really hope that you enjoyed it as well!!

LRB – How’d that speed work go this morning?  Did you have coffee before you went out?   I’m sure a cup or two will help you get through the day.

Flarunner – 7 sounds like the perfect number for today.  Way to go getting it done early!!  Have a marvelous day!!

Basya – I’m sorry to hear that you are sick.  Please take good care of yourself and don’t make things worse by trying to keep up the full workout schedule.   Do what you can and let the rest go til you feel better.

Damaris – I read your RR – that weather was brutal!!  Nice run this morning!!  Have a great day!!

Dave P – Good for you for getting your run in early today!!  Are you doubling and running again later or was that it for the day?

Well, another day of no formal exercise for me – just hauling myself around on the crutches.   I have to say that this injury is showing me how helpless I am right now,  but not in a woe is me way.   It’s more like there are so many things I used to take for granted (getting upstairs to my office, carrying a drink to where I’m sitting, getting the half and half across the kitchen to where the coffee is, etc.) and now those things are either not possible or I can do them creatively which takes significantly longer and causes my “good” leg to hurt a lot.   I have a much better appreciation for what I am normally capable of doing.   I am learning to ask for help with things that I would never ask for help with, and I’m learning that letting other people help me doesn’t make me weak and sometimes, it even makes them feel good for doing something nice.   It’s hard to explain, but let’s just say that my current situation is very eye-opening.

Have a Pinklightful day!!   And, I hope that your next run gives you new insight into all that you can be!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good morning!

Marjorie, nice harbor run. Sounds lovely.

LRB, enjoy the speedwork!

fla, D, Dave, nice running already.

Basya, I hope you feel better soon.

Sarah, I've never been on crutches but I can imagine they're a huge PITA. You have my sympathy.

As for me, 4 miles at some point, either on my lunch break or after work. There's a chance of showers after 4pm, but the high is 71 so that would actually feel really good.

Have a great day!

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Marjorie, hope the running gets you nice and relaxed for your meetings.

LRB--Oddly enough, those 'roll out of bed onto the road' days sometimes wind up as my best runs because I don't overthink or psych myself up and I don't expect it to be pleasant, if that makes sense.  How'd it go?

flarunner--that's a nice chunk of mileage you get done every day.  Sweet.

Basya--I FEEL YOU.  I have a wheeze/cough/snotmess situation going on too, I got  dizzy just getting out of bed.  LAME.  Rest up, drink tea with honey, pound vitamin c! (I'm about to go get some--stuff seriously does help in megadoses).

DR, wow, serious day of working out. It's cool your husband is running too.  How's he doing?

Dave--a man of much mileage and few words, huh?

Pink--that's really interesting.  I definitely get that sort of peace that can come with injury, like it makes you more aware and accepting? because you know you're injured, it's not just in your head, and you can just experience it... for me when I actually have an injury it takes away some guilt for not 'pushing through the pain' or whatever.  And yes, being vulnerable can make you appreciate things more.

April--April showers, huh? Wink

Siiiick today.  I barely slept.  Tons of congestion and coughing.  Now I definitely am not beating myself up for not running so well for the past 3 days.  And luckily I had an SRD today anyhow!  Still, it's lousy to feel so out of it and icky, even with Mucinex I can't really lie down or sleep without choking.  I hope this crud goes away soon!

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

BruceD555

Good morning folks. I was going to drop by to post in the dailies & hit some personals but then got caught up in reading RR and time slipped away. Anyway, I'll continue adding recovery miles this week and will probably do 5-7 more sometime this afternoon. Yesterday's lunchtime run at the office was hilly and faster than it should have been so I'll try to keep things dialed back today.

Train smart ... race smarter.

delicate flower

'Morning.  Sitting at MCO airport waiting to catch our flight back home.  Great vacation.  Today I get to run again and of course may need to take a URD due to an upset stomach and tired body.  Frikkin figures.  I slept like crap last night.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

I went out early for 5.65 recovery miles, which were very, very slow. But it was nice to only need my headlamp for the first 20 minutes or so and to hear the spring peepers down in the retention ponds along my route.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning!

Marjorie - the harbor sounds like a pleasant place to run. Hope the meetings go well.

LRB - Yesterday was so busy for me it's a blur. Hope your speedwork goes well!

flarunner - kudos to knocking out those 7.

Basya - Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.

DR - Enjoy your miles with DH. Looking forward to the RR.

DaveP - Nice run!

Pink - The crutches are definitely a workout all their own, and being injured does bring about a lot of perspective for sure. Will be keeping you in my thoughts as you heal.

April - enjoy your run today.

scappodaqui - so sorry you're sick, hope you feel better soon. Take care!

Bruce - enjoy those recovery miles.

Baboon - you and MBC have a safe trip and I hope the stomach and body feel better soon!

StepbyStep - sounds like a lovely recovery run!

As for me, another busy day on tap. Will knock out a few miles in the neighborhood and then I'm taking the pooch to the vet for his yearly exam/boosters, then errands, and this evening we're taking MIL to dinner since we'll be on vacation during Mother's Day. I need to go back to work so I can rest!