Beginners and Beyond

Twisty Tuesdailies (Read 46 times)

LRB

Well, that went about as expected.  That I even completed the stupid thing though is a miracle in and of itself.  I never hit my target pace and realized early on that I was not going to.  Instead, I just decided to make the best of it as I could.

"I" pace intervals:

5 X 1200's w/ 4 minute recoveries

My times were 5:04, 5:01, 5:00, 5:00, 5:00 for an average pace of 6:48 which was well under my target pace of 6:20, but it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all...wait, WTF was that?  ; )

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies!

Did an Easy 6 Miles today. We had some nice weather here yesterday (69F) and should have some more nice stuff today (75?) before it starts cooling off again. I hope everyone has a great day. Smile

- Andrew

BruceD555

Well, that went about as expected.  That I even completed the stupid thing though is a miracle in and of itself.  I never hit my target pace and realized early on that I was not going to.  Instead, I just decided to make the best of it as I could.

"I" pace intervals:

5 X 1200's w/ 4 minute recoveries

My times were 5:04, 5:01, 5:00, 5:00, 5:00 for an average pace of 6:48 which was well under my target pace of 6:20, but it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all...wait, WTF was that?  ; )

Oh crud ... something's wrong with LRB, now he's waxing poetically about intervals.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Oh crud ... something's wrong with LRB, now he's waxing poetically about intervals.

I had an old favorite for my recovery meal and now I am as right as rain.

Strawberries, Silk and sugar.

B-Plus

Hey everybody? Who set the alarm clock?

Basya & Scapp - I hope you feel better soon.

Docket - I'm looking forward to reading that RR. I posted mine as well.

MA - That sounds like an interesting run. Cobblestones are nice to look at, but sometimes an annoyance to run on. At least you weren't running in heels!

Everybody else - Have great runs, XT, and rest days!

Speaking of rest days, today is SRD for me. It's also my comebackiversary. Since everybody is celebrating their runniversaries, I wanted to take this moment and reflect upon the 1 year anniversary of my comeback. On May 7, 2012, I ran 2 miles @ 9:59 pace.

outoftheblue

Good morning all --

Nice racing this last weekend B Plus and Docket!  And Kristin -- so happy that it turned out to be a PR for you.

I've got 11 miles after breakfast and then I have to do some shopping and cleaning as my Mom's coming in for a visit this afternoon and staying for a few days.

Life is good.

Hip Redux

LRB- you and the soy.  Blech!  I'll take the strawberries minus the rest of whatever you got there.  Joking

4 miles planned at lunch with the RP.    Yesterday was a rest day but I did mow the lawn (again!) so I got something done. I also cooked up a storm, so now I am slowly working my way through eating everything I made.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

c123funny-painting-food-Instagram

Wink

I had an old favorite for my recovery meal and now I am as right as rain.

Strawberries, Silk and sugar.

B-plus, happy anniversary.  That's quite some improvement.  I'm inspired.

outoftheblue, enjoy your 11!

Brrrr, glad you didn't have to live up to your username today.

Thanks for the feel-betters, everyone.  I do a bit!

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

Last night DW and I went out for a five mile run and right at our turnaround the skies opened up on us. We got drenched, but if felt pretty good, but man does it feel weird to sweat in the rain! It is safe to say my legs are back to normal and now I will start upping the mileage a bit more.

Also, I lost a toenail last night, but the strange thing is what was underneath; there is this membrane thing there that is harder than skin but not as hard as a nail. It looks like a nail but I don't think it is because it's too soft. Any ideas? It doesn't hurt or anything, it's just weird! Any ideas?

At some point today I will get out for some miles. I feel like some speed work but it might be too soon.

Have a good day.

Scap: I like the Silk vanilla coconut milk. Mmmmmm...

Docket_Rocket

So far, so good, but we'll see how long he lasts!  Hope you feel better.

Marjorie, hope the running gets you nice and relaxed for your meetings.

LRB--Oddly enough, those 'roll out of bed onto the road' days sometimes wind up as my best runs because I don't overthink or psych myself up and I don't expect it to be pleasant, if that makes sense.  How'd it go?

flarunner--that's a nice chunk of mileage you get done every day.  Sweet.

Basya--I FEEL YOU.  I have a wheeze/cough/snotmess situation going on too, I got  dizzy just getting out of bed.  LAME.  Rest up, drink tea with honey, pound vitamin c! (I'm about to go get some--stuff seriously does help in megadoses).

DR, wow, serious day of working out. It's cool your husband is running too.  How's he doing?

Dave--a man of much mileage and few words, huh?

Pink--that's really interesting.  I definitely get that sort of peace that can come with injury, like it makes you more aware and accepting? because you know you're injured, it's not just in your head, and you can just experience it... for me when I actually have an injury it takes away some guilt for not 'pushing through the pain' or whatever.  And yes, being vulnerable can make you appreciate things more.

April--April showers, huh? Wink

Siiiick today.  I barely slept.  Tons of congestion and coughing.  Now I definitely am not beating myself up for not running so well for the past 3 days.  And luckily I had an SRD today anyhow!  Still, it's lousy to feel so out of it and icky, even with Mucinex I can't really lie down or sleep without choking.  I hope this crud goes away soon!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Brrrr, glad you didn't have to live up to your username today.

Scap, I was thinking about changing it for the summer months, but maybe that'd be confusing? Smile

- Andrew

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone. I got on the trail today and ran 6 miles. I haven't worn my Minimus in a while so I threw those on and just messed around. I still don't think I like the trail stuff all that much, but it is a great workout.

Have a great day guys and gals.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

c123funny-painting-food-Instagram

Is that a bottle of wine?  Yum a looya!   Cool

Ric-G

hello all...

basya - feel better and do the double

pink - nice perspective on what we take for granted...heal up

rick - speedwork can be funny...at least you made the best of it

nice running everyone...have a good day. will do 5 miles later while waiting for my older son at soccer practice

marathon pr - 3:16

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hey everyone. I got on the trail today and ran 6 miles. I haven't worn my Minimus in a while so I threw those on and just messed around. I still don't think I like the trail stuff all that much, but it is a great workout.

Have a great day guys and gals.

I don't really like trail running either. I wish I did.