Beginners and Beyond

Twisty Tuesdailies (Read 46 times)

Dave P – Good for you for getting your run in early today!!  Are you doubling and running again later or was that it for the day?

Sarah - sorry no, the only doubles I ever do come from a bottle of Scotch. 

LRB- you and the soy.  Blech!  I'll take the strawberries minus the rest of whatever you got there.  Joking

Oski - better add some whipped cream on that, to be safe. 

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thanks. Harbor was a good run. But running on a lot of brick paths and some cobble was tough on my feet.  I've been working them a bit while sitting here so they are better.

Boon safe travels back from Orlando.

Marjorie

Just B.S.

Pink, you are just plain awesome, that is all.

Basya, hope you feel better soon.

Scrap, same to you. Feel better.

Shari, not sure if I said great job on your pacer duties!!

Marjorie, your marathon will feel like a walk in the park compared to all the miles you rack

up each week.

For me 5 days out from marathon and today's run is 30 minutes @ 8:30 pace.

Yesterday was swimming and I am telling myself that tomorrow will be a total rest day with no

running/swimming or cycling.

Hope everyone enjoys whatever is on their schedule for today.

LRB

Did you have coffee before you went out?   I’m sure a cup or two will help you get through the day.

I do not think I have ever run without drinking my beloved coffee first.  There have been times in the days of way back when I would go a day or two without coffee, but I was stupid then.  ; )  

By the way, I would open the door or carry the bags for you or any lady whether injured or not.  That is what men do.

Scap, my workout was not bad at all.  I have come to recognize and accept the days when my target pace is just not going to happen.  I'm cool with it.  Ironically a month ago though, today's pace was my "I" pace.  I have more pics of food in my phone by the way, than people lol!

O, it took me 35 years to figure out that milk and I do not get along.  Soy milk allowed me to eat cereal again, something I had given up for about five years.  It's not for everyone though that's for sure.

What up doe Flo, D, B, April, Hobbit, Step, Blue and Beth!  Supp to all the boys as well!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Supp.  Getting a short break before starting a deposition where everybody will be using the F word at each other.  Fun!

A judge yelled at me today because I was not speaking loud enough.  He is probably now feeling sorry he ever told me that because I must have left him deaf now.  LOL.

Damaris

Damaris, terrific three-miler. Enjoy tonight's run with DH and weight training.

Marjorie, excellent 10.1. I'm glad that your race shoes work well.

Davep MI, sweet seven-miler.

Sarah, I wish that I were looking at being sidelined as positively as you.

AprilRunner, have a fantastic four-miler.

scappodaqui, I hope that your cold vacates the premises ASAP.

BruceD555, have fun on your recovery run.

Phil, have a safe flight. Feel well soon.

Shari, fantastic 5.65.

Nicole, have a pleasant, fun-filled, busy day.

Rick, I believe that that was an interval workout.

Brrrrrrr, excellent easy six.

B-Plus, enjoy your SRD.

outoftheblue, enjoy your eleven-miler.

Oski, have a fantastic four-miler.

Jack, have a pleasant run later.

SIAR, sweet six on the trails.

Ric-G, again, I like how you make use of your son's practice time to run. Enjoy the five.

Beth, great pace. Enjoy the recovery run.

Damaris, brava.

I dropped and did forty push-ups outside the pharmacy while waiting for it to open, only to learn that no pharmacist was on duty. The fourth pharmacy I visited finally had that for which I was looking, Maximum Strength Mucinex D, a pharmacist on duty, and its tracking system working. Oy vey.

Hip Redux

O, it took me 35 years to figure out that milk and I do not get along.  Soy milk allowed me to eat cereal again, something I had given up for about five years.  It's not for everyone though that's for sure.

I don't drink milk either.  Have you ever tried the coconut milk?   I'll stop harassing you about soy but it's certainly on my list of verboten foods. lol

3.6 miles done with the RP.   Garmin bonked out a bit in mile one, but I think the splits were 10:50/10:01/9:49/8:30.   I guess we made it a progression?   Now, lunch!

YAYpril - B-Plus

I like coconut milk and almond milk. Not a fan of soy in its many forms, except soy sauce. Nom.

Hip Redux

I like coconut milk and almond milk. Not a fan of soy in its many forms, except soy sauce. Nom.

I have to use tamari - but yeah, I will use that so I guess I'm a little bit of a liar!  But it's fermented soy, which is supposedly better for you ("they say") then regular soy.

I did not bring enough lunch to eat today.   :/

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm hungry too. We had lunch brought in but it was Jimmy Johns, and they never put veggie sammiches in their platters. So I ate my salad anyway. And I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and used willpower to not buy any junk.

This eating healthy is for the birds. Wahh.

LRB

I did not bring enough lunch to eat today.   :/

I had a Big Mac among other things, and when I asked for it without meat, you would have thought I asked the guy for his moms underwear lol!

I use a tempeh patty in the place of the regular one, damn that fucker was good!  I don't order them often as it's pain to heat up the other patty and all of that, but it's definitely worth the hassle every now and then.

LRB

I'm hungry too. We had lunch brought in but it was Jimmy Johns, and they never put veggie sammiches in their platters. So I ate my salad anyway. And I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and used willpower to not buy any junk.

This eating healthy is for the birds. Wahh.

The JJ's veggie is so bland I almost have to bring condiments from home to give that stupid thing some life!  I get it with oregano, onions and sauce then heat it in the micro.  That at least makes it acceptable, but they do need a better Italian dressing.

YAYpril - B-Plus

The JJ's veggie is so bland I almost have to bring condiments from home to give that stupid thing some life!  I get it with oregano, onions and sauce then heat it in the micro.  That at least makes it acceptable, but they do need a better Italian dressing.

Yeah. I don't order from JJ's very often. Last Friday my boss offered to treat us, and she asked if I wanted the tuna. I said "Um... no thanks, I don't eat tuna." (since it's, ya know, meat) So I got the veggie on the 7-grain bread. They should put more avocado on that bad boy. Next time I'll ask for extra.

LRB

Yeah. I don't order from JJ's very often. Last Friday my boss offered to treat us, and she asked if I wanted the tuna. I said "Um... no thanks, I don't eat tuna." (since it's, ya know, meat) So I got the veggie on the 7-grain bread. They should put more avocado on that bad boy. Next time I'll ask for extra.

Yeah it's a biggun when you get it on the 7-grain bread!

Oski, amazing 3.6 progression run with your RP. Nice splits.

I did 2.0 miles in 18:24.39 during my break. 9:13 pace. Splits were 9:33.38/8:51.01. Thanks to even more water than usual and Maximum Strength Mucinex D, I feel semi-human. The gym is on for tonight.