Beginners and Beyond

Just leave me alone already Wednesday Penguins!! (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Not the Penguins, of course.  Just the rest of the world.  I have one investigator wanting to come down and look at his data, and I have told him repeatedly that he can't do that while I'm running samples (which are, coincidentally, also his), so I'll let him know when I'm done.  He keeps asking, like a toddler.  "Are you done yet?  Are you done yet?  Are you done yet?"  I have three other investigators breathing down my neck for their data as well, one of whom is trying to graduate next month and would REALLY like to have the data so he can.  Two more people just walked in the door with samples.  The Facilities guys are here to try to fix my non-functional eyewash (because, you know, safety measures).

Then of course there's all the chorus and quartet stuff.

I think I need soothing music.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Maybe it's because you don't exist so he can't see that you're there using the equipment.

Docket_Rocket

Lol, Z!  Good luck, Hope.

i have OTF class today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Maybe it's because you don't exist so he can't see that you're there using the equipment.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk after work yesterday, even though it was 90 degrees when I started.  But the humidity was only around 37%, so it felt pretty good.  I ended up with a little over 4 miles done.

Tonite is the start of the season for the weekly 2-mile San Antonio Zoo Fun Run.  We don't get to run in the Zoo though, too bad.  We run on trails in the park next to the Zoo.  This is a free weekly run that is every Wednesday from April to October.  Although it is free, most of us give a buck or two each week..and at the end of the 'season' all the money is donated to the Zoo Vet Service to help with the care of the animals.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Not the Penguins, of course.  Just the rest of the world.  I have one investigator wanting to come down and look at his data, and I have told him repeatedly that he can't do that while I'm running samples (which are, coincidentally, also his), so I'll let him know when I'm done.  He keeps asking, like a toddler.  "Are you done yet?  Are you done yet?  Are you done yet?"  I have three other investigators breathing down my neck for their data as well, one of whom is trying to graduate next month and would REALLY like to have the data so he can.  Two more people just walked in the door with samples.  The Facilities guys are here to try to fix my non-functional eyewash (because, you know, safety measures).

Then of course there's all the chorus and quartet stuff.

I think I need soothing music.

Samples...that reminds me...I'm supposed to give the doc a sample.  I bet that one is a bit different from yours, HopesMom! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Samples...that reminds me...I'm supposed to give the doc a sample.  I bet that one is a bit different from yours, HopesMom! 

You might be surprised!! 

GinnyinPA

I went out to the xc ski trail in the state forest with Jim and Ben this afternoon. They walked one loop while I ran 5 miles. My legs behaved, but breathing was harder than usual. I haven't done a lot of hills lately, since my race was supposed to be flat, so the 609' elev gain was eye opening. I know what I need to work on now.