Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #149 (Read 29 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I am so not a morning person, so this trying to get out the door around 7am isn't working so well. 6 miles in super humid conditions. There was just enough drizzle to make it more humid, it was definitely not a refreshing rain.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, well good morning nonetheless.

This month, actually right around these dates (could've been the 24th) marks 10 years since I officially began my running journey. Sure in 2009 I started adding some runs in with my walks with Molly but I consider it official on May 2010 because that is when I joined the YMCA training groups.

Anyways, yesterday I worked out then ran 3 miles and then that evening Jetta and I ran another 3 miles. This evening I'll probably take my rollerblades out for 5-10 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 7 and weights. High is 77-78F and raining so I can finally run outside after the heat we got all week. I can feel the cold front arriving as my sinuses are up in arms.

HCK, I would run in the morning more if 7am was available but work starts at that time.

Andrea, congrats on the runniversary.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

5.15 miles. There are SO MANY PEOPLE here and it's really starting to irritate me. I need to move, like, last year.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning! I have 7 and weights. High is 77-78F and raining so I can finally run outside after the heat we got all week. I can feel the cold front arriving as my sinuses are up in arms.

HCK, I would run in the morning more if 7am was available but work starts at that time.

Andrea, congrats on the runniversary.

it appears my stupid quad issue decided to finally disappear around this time, too. Thank goodness!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Prior to this work from home stuff, my group at work had a fair amount of scheduling flexibility. We can do the usual 5 8 hour days, 9-80 or 4-10. There's also a fair amount of flxibility of start and end times. I work with a number of morning people who come in at 6am. Every year in the fall, I always think about trying to not adjust to the tie change so I can work 7-3 and run in the afternoon. It never happens.

8 miles.

Dave

sdWhiskers

SRD. 35 min on Zwift instead.

Before corona, I worked 7-4/5 and now I can barely be ready for an 830 meeting 

Docket_Rocket

Prior to this work from home stuff, my group at work had a fair amount of scheduling flexibility. We can do the usual 5 8 hour days, 9-80 or 4-10. There's also a fair amount of flxibility of start and end times. I work with a number of morning people who come in at 6am. Every year in the fall, I always think about trying to not adjust to the tie change so I can work 7-3 and run in the afternoon. It never happens.

Ha. Unfortunately, the government is not flexible at all. I wish they were, especially with attorneys who can be working until late but still have to be on time the next morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Ran 9 with 22 x 20s pickups 

I have a training session planned with RP on Saturday, but I didn't want to just run easy until then, but at the same time it's hot and my legs are tired, so :

Warmup, then pickups whenever I felt recovered from the last one, cooldown.

At first it was just about leg turnover, then after a few of them I started to focus on form.

1 mi 😐 Tuesday I had done a 2mi recovery run on road crown, that didn’t work, been feeling the middle right ham since, really felt it doing 6 at Burke lake yesterday, and now also the inside ham.

Tomorrow is planned off day...

...and back to work day 😀😮😀😮

Docket_Rocket

I was excited about my day off tomorrow because I could sleep in and try for Trixie not to wake me up at 5am to snuggle, and then the dentist called to remind me about my 8am crown appointment tomorrow. Sigh.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

I was supposed to do 400m repeats this morning, but I bailed in the middle of the first one.  I really struggled through the warm up for no apparent reason and then when it was time to run hard, my legs just were not interested, so I'll do it tomorrow instead.  I ended up with 3.6 and stopped to take photos.  I haven't done that in a while and I forgot to pause my watch a few times, but I had fun.

My office doesn't care what hours we work as long as the job gets done.  I have been keeping my regular hours during quarantine, so I'm logging in at 830a ish.  I'm able to work more efficiently at home, so I'm finishing up between 430-5p most days, which is fantastic.  In the office, I stay late until 6 or 630p most days, so I'm really liking this WFH setup.

I haven't quite figured out exactly what everyone's hours are. Except there are a few people from whom I get emails at weird hours. Most of the people I work with are on Central time, but so far no one is hassling me about starting earlier. However it's nice that I don't get much from people in late afternoons. Between that, and no commute, I feel like I totally have my evenings back vs. my old job. I used to get home around 7, eat, then want to start getting ready for bed at 8 because I'd have to wake up so early. I'm only 2 weeks in so probably still in honeymoon phase, but so far, such a refreshing change.

Dave

Runshortii

I ran 5, part of it in the rain. I ran 8x300m yesterday and they went well.

WI cancelled their state fair today, which I knew was coming but still bummed about it. I honestly wish Boston would go ahead and cancel already so I can make plans. We all know it’s coming.