Beginners and Beyond

Timmynoggy Tuesday Penguins (Read 30 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

7 miles with some strides are on tap for later. I am ready for this to be done! 52 miles this week, 44 next week and then taper time!

obiebyke

Howdy! SRD for me. Good, because it's even colder today! I need to adjust to the frost in my blood on winter runs. A little shin soreness today, but the back of my knee isn't as bad as usual.

Have a good day!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Our singing for the vets last night was wonderful, both we and they had a great time!  Tonight I have to stay late for a special lecture at work.  It's a semi-annual thing, and although I don't like staying late, it's usually fairly interesting, and there's a reception beforehand with food and wine.  So that's all good!  I think my timmynoggy is my husband -- he helps me get ready for work in the morning which saves time, and he does all the grocery shopping, cooking, dishwashing, which saves me labor!

Scotty -- enjoy your couch day!!

kristin -- sorry about the URD, hope your shin behaves!!

Jerryb -- nice PR!!  Hope you don't freeze today!!

D2 -- woo-hoo for your speedwork!!

hog -- sounds like a wonderful long weekend!!

Awood -- glad your run was great!!  My BIL and his family live in Auburn, WA.  DH is from WA.

PAD -- the wind here is fierce too, made driving sort of interesting!!

Docket -- yes, I'll write you a note for another vacation day!!

Stone -- enjoy your snowy 3!!

Jack -- you're making me tired!!

obie -- glad you're feeling better than normal!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I know that feeling.  Stick to it man.

Hi Pens.

7 miles with some strides are on tap for later. I am ready for this to be done! 52 miles this week, 44 next week and then taper time!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Zelanie

Good morning!  First day back at work for me since my conference- boo!  Plus I have meetings before and after.  My Timmynoggy is probably the track.  Because I can combine running with picking up DD from her activity at the high school, I am able to get done with my runs sooner and have the evening at home.

Hey, Awood, you're going to be in Tacoma for Turkey Day?  We're going to be in Bellevue.  Probably won't have a lot of time to slip away with family there, though.

tracilynn

Morning pens!

woke up to 20-30mph cold northerly winds. Skipped my run. I don't mind the cold but the cold + wind SUCKS. under a wind advisory and reports of snow flurries around here (In ALABAMA) thats just crazy.

I may run tonight. Or I May not. I'm not training for anything and I'm pissed off at (my shins) & running right now anyway.  so there.

Stonefence- crock pot is a good one. May be mine as well. I'm also a SAHM to 4. Teenager and 3 toddlers. I always driving the oldest all over the planet to practices, football games, basketball games, etc. taxi driver. Yes!

I LOVE LOVE the Smoky mountains. Favorite place.  Jealous Mitch! Have fun

~~~~~~~

Traci

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

traci - You sound fired up this morning.  I hope your shins and weather let you get out today.

Zel - I don't know the area that well, but if it isn't that far I'll race you :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Scotty, sound like a nice dinner and enjoy the RD.. Can't say that I had found my Timmynoggy yet.

Kristin, enjoy the RD. Sometimes, a RD is good.

Jerry, snowing yet? Can't wait to read your RR.

Dave, your 1st marathon is gonna be so good!

Mitch, sound like a wonderful weekend.. I can't do this as I lived in a city with no countryside.. The last time I had to fly to Taiwan just to stay in a farm.. haa.. Planning to fly to Perth (Australia) next yr for another farm-stay.

Awood, looks like you have recovered well from the marathon.

PAD, glad you got some run in.

Damaris, is kickboxing a new thing?

Stonefence, hope you get that 3M in later.. Seem like snow has arrived for a lot of pple.

Jack, wohoo for taper time.. Are you following the 3 week taper? I am thinking on cutting my to 15-18 days.

obiebyke, enjoy the RD.

Hopesmom, sound liek a good timmynoggy.. How's the maintainance? hee

Mel, hope time passed fast at work.

Traci, how's the shin splints? Tried any of the calf strengthening stuff? Think Vermonised posted some.

AFM, 9M w/ 4x1600 @ 7:50.. Posted this late yday.. DD birthday bash with DD baby shower.. DS favorite is Ironman but he always promounce his name as Horny Stark.. Tongue

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Bin, not a new thing.  I just stop doing it from time to time as marathon training gets to be too much timewise.  Nice picture.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bin: Two week taper for me.  Nice Hulk mask! LOL

Dad on the run.

Starting Day 2 today. I did a leg routine, all body weight. Consisted of squats, lunges, one legged russian dead lift and swimmers. Followed that with some stretching (I know you can't stretch the ITB per say, but I did do the recommended stretches that are "suppose" to help). Also did some foam rolling. Last night I iced it for about 20 minutes while watching Sleep Hallow . Also taking anti-inflammatories.

Tonight will consist of stretching / rolling and icing again.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

tracilynn

Bin, yes I have done venomized routine for MONTHS now plus other ones too. My shins should be strong enough to lift a damn car but they still give me Hell. Angry

Im thinking about trying my custom orthotics again.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Philliefan33

Hi everyone -- just dropping in to read as I'm between meetings.

I haven't been a SAHM for over 20 years, but I do love the slow cooker.  But what really saved me the most time when I went back to work oh-so-many years ago was to lower my standards Clown.  We always ate something, the house was clean enough to be healthy, and I tried not to sweat the little things.

Five easy miles after work this afternoon.  The windchill is in the 30's right now -- good thing I brought my knit hat for running.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Traci: two things: I'm sorry you are having shin trouble, but thanks for your way with words. Even if you are suffering with shin pain, you still keep it light and funny, and you have a way with words that makes me laugh. Smile

Also, I need to apologize in advance. I have two weeks of hard training left and then a two week taper. I am tired of being tired so I will likely be doing some ranting/complaining over the next two weeks. I am ready for this to be over! Believe me, I am not a baby and I will see this out to the end. Less than four weeks...

From the Internet.

Heh, what a great vocabulary word!

Bin - love the cake, too cool! Happy birthday to your DS! Smile

3.8 miles in the snow this morning. Ran by feel and purposely ignored my Garmin until I was done, the first 3 miles were all sub-10:00, last 0.8 was 10:00 pace exactly. Crazy that I can start dropping my pace just by being consistent.

Lots of work to do before I have to pick up DD later, might pop in for personals and whatnot if I find a minute - have a good day everyone!