Beginners and Beyond

Sunday no Fun Day (Read 35 times)

LRB

Yard work. Blech.

I'll probably go see Baywatch later, a movie that is currently rated at a paltry 19% on RT. I like Dwayne Johnson though. His films are usually campy and not meant to be taken seriously. I'm all right with that.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5.4 this morning while looking at the storm damage.  There are several trees down on the ridge, but i didn't see any structures damaged.  Parts of the county got it worse, with at least one tornado touching down.  It was an intense sob around  7:00-10:00 last night.

Oh yeah, I hit 40 miles for the week.  I am a runner.

Have  a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

I'll probably go see Baywatch later, a movie that is currently rated at a paltry 19% on RT. I like Dwayne Johnson seeing hot babes in swimsuits though. 

Dude. Really.

Dave

No more marathons

Long(ish) run day after a race.

Yeah, I know many some of you do that  on a routine basis, but  this is probably a first for me.

First mile was old man shuffle, second mile has a hill,  but miles 3 thru 5 I was thinking this shit is easy.

Mile 6 put me back in my place and 7, 8 and 9 were an effort.  Like an old horse that gets faster when it's getting close to the stable, mile 10 was a bit quicker.

Now waiting for DW to fix my plate of 4 eggs, 5 strips of thick bacon, and a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast.

Later today DS will stop by for dinner and to help celebrate my 66th birthday.

Woo Hoo.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

What's up there, kiddos!  I ran.  8 miles at 6:55 pace.  That is my third straight run at a sub-7:00 avg pace, which is a first for me.  Only 18 miles for the week, because taper.

<3

Runshortii

I ran a 5K in a monsoon. It was pouring with some

thunder while I was warming up, and by the time we started it was a steady rain. It felt pretty good though. Last mile was all on a gravel trail that was nothing but an ankle deep puddle so I went back and forth between running on the little grass there was and running in the water.

21:38, but I think the course was short . I clocked 3.04 miles on my garmin, but I'm still really happy and will take it because my former PR is 22:52, and when I ran that race I ran a 7:06 the first mile and a 7:40 the last mile 😂 This race my splits were 7:05 7:09 and 7:10, which Never happens to me in a 5K. So I think my fitness has improved. My legs felt tired this morning after 10 miles yesterday too.

its a chocolate fest 5K in a town with a Nestle plant. So free chocolate 🍫

Runshortii

Now waiting for DW to fix my plate of 4 eggs, 5 strips of thick bacon, and a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast.

This sounds amazing

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Later today DS will stop by for dinner and to help celebrate my 66th birthday.

Woo Hoo.

What! No pancakes?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

No more marathons

What! No pancakes?

Yeah, we talked about that, but we're cutting back on carbs.  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

13 miles. Felt good.

Only 44 miles for the week, because taper.

Dave

LRB

Yard work. Blech.

2 hours and 20 minutes of that nonsense.

I wore 6 inch high work boots to support my ankle and it got quite the workout. It's not sore but I definitely woke it up. From my past experience in physical therapy however (which is vast ), I'm not sure I could've simulated anything better. Now I'll wait to see how it responds.

Runshortii

I guess I was also 3rd overall female, which won me this obnoxious bouquet of candy  (Did the picture show up? I might have figured out this picture thing)

LRB

This sounds amazing

+1

And I don't even eat bacon. lol

I guess I was also 3rd overall female, which won me this obnoxious bouquet of candy  (Did the picture show up? I might have figured out this picture thing)

Yes it did. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Nice racing.

Dave

LRB

Yeah, we talked about that, but we're cutting back on carbs.  

Or cholesterol loading. Don't laugh at me, it's a thing. 👍