Beginners and Beyond

NRR: When I first came onto RW (Read 315 times)

MrNamtor

LOL.

paulski66

miscreant

I've always found you intolerably sexy. Whatever that means...

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

Dr. Cornsitter

Maybe taking a breather is the solution. Seems like you've remained pretty involved and maybe it's TOO involved. Step back, sign off for a few days, or weeks. I bet you'll feel better and will be able to come back and enjoy what the forums offer and ignore its drawbacks.

Best of luck Smile

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Docket_Rocket

I don't think it was LRB, but rpflash the one you were involved with on the meltdown thread.

PS, I hate the PM function sometimes....  If you feel they crossed the line, you know who to send those to.

Take a breather, and come back when you feel you can.  We'll be here.

Ok, so this is going to be a weird post that will have people scratching their heads. Or at least most people. Some will know why i posted this. The rest won't care which is fine.

I lurked on RW from about April of last year till i think July because i had decided to run the 11 mile Chicago Urbanathlon and wanted advice on how to train. Then sometime in about July I created the screen name DoonRothmani and began posting.

I had a different avatar than my real picture. It was some famous heroin dealer from the 1970s. Ok, whatever.

At some point i posted something on breathing, and a bunch of people said that what i wrote was a bunch of shit and i got mad and then other people started piling on me and i retaliated and it resulted in what i now know is known as the classic "meltdown thread".

RIght after that I was banned by our lovely mod S*S. I had only been posting on the site for about a month, maybe 2 months.

LOL. I don't really remember who was involved in the pile up, I think for sure that LRB was,but it doesn't matter, I never held anything against anyone here. I realized I had acted like an idiot, came back as MrNamtor and posted my real photo as my avatar.

That's all there is to that story. I'm only posting it because of some weird pms from someone threatening to "expose me" and accuse me of being another james park or that i'm some troll with all these accounts or whatever they made up in their mind.  Really strange because i really liked this person and considered her to be a friend.

Probably shouldn't even be posting this. Maybe this is my last post on here because honestly this whole thing has really really wierded me out.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dude you are ok.

there are crazies everywhere.

show your abs and maybe some of the ladies will post some pics too Smile

if you dont come back, keep up the good work.

later,

T-Rod

Ok, so this is going to be a weird post that will have people scratching their heads. Or at least most people. Some will know why i posted this. The rest won't care which is fine.

I lurked on RW from about April of last year till i think July because i had decided to run the 11 mile Chicago Urbanathlon and wanted advice on how to train. Then sometime in about July I created the screen name DoonRothmani and began posting.

I had a different avatar than my real picture. It was some famous heroin dealer from the 1970s. Ok, whatever.

At some point i posted something on breathing, and a bunch of people said that what i wrote was a bunch of shit and i got mad and then other people started piling on me and i retaliated and it resulted in what i now know is known as the classic "meltdown thread".

RIght after that I was banned by our lovely mod S*S. I had only been posting on the site for about a month, maybe 2 months.

LOL. I don't really remember who was involved in the pile up, I think for sure that LRB was,but it doesn't matter, I never held anything against anyone here. I realized I had acted like an idiot, came back as MrNamtor and posted my real photo as my avatar.

That's all there is to that story. I'm only posting it because of some weird pms from someone threatening to "expose me" and accuse me of being another james park or that i'm some troll with all these accounts or whatever they made up in their mind.  Really strange because i really liked this person and considered her to be a friend.

Probably shouldn't even be posting this. Maybe this is my last post on here because honestly this whole thing has really really wierded me out.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

lsp

Lump Off

I went and found the old thread - Cabbage Head runner posted so it was awesome.

Sometimes threads get funky.  I tend to bow out when that happens (or run away screaming).

But, for the record, I really struggled with my breathing for a while.  My allergies tend to flair up, not sure if I have exercise induced asthma, maybe I get tense.  I don't really know what was making it difficult but I focused on my breathing for a while (remember to breathe, take good even breaths) and now it is much easier.

It's all good.

GC100k

The "exposing" someone is pretty touchy.  I was on the RW forum since the mid-90s, but didn't catch on how touchy until recently.  A forumite (RxSlipstream, remember him?) threatened my life via PM and reported me to S*S because I Googled him and found out his real name, college and road race times, etc.  I Googled him out of curiosity, not malice.  And I didn't post his name but just general info on him.  I also googled the Big Barefoot guy and found his real name and info.  He was cool about it, but kinda creeped out.  In retrospect, it is kinda creepy and I've stopped doing it.  I stay fairly anonymous here but always assumed someone could find out my real info if they wanted to (e.g., I've posted race times).  It's kinda a gentlemen's agreement that we don't expose each other.

Village people

Expose? Are you a spy like scrape?

Only you know the content of the pm's but maybe you need to talk to Eric if it coninues.

delicate flower

Whatever happened regardless of whether or not LRB was involved, I am officially blaming LRB anyway.

<3

sunfastrose

Fatty McFatFat

Whatever happened regardless of whether or not LRB was involved, I am officially blaming LRB anyway.

Aww...but LRB is cute (hot) and sweet!

Luke79

OMG dude that was you?  Blowing my mind right now.

The "exposing" someone is pretty touchy.  I was on the RW forum since the mid-90s, but didn't catch on how touchy until recently.  A forumite (RxSlipstream, remember him?) threatened my life via PM and reported me to S*S because I Googled him and found out his real name, college and road race times, etc.  I Googled him out of curiosity, not malice.  And I didn't post his name but just general info on him.  I also googled the Big Barefoot guy and found his real name and info.  He was cool about it, but kinda creeped out.  In retrospect, it is kinda creepy and I've stopped doing it.  I stay fairly anonymous here but always assumed someone could find out my real info if they wanted to (e.g., I've posted race times).  It's kinda a gentlemen's agreement that we don't expose each other.

was the barefoot guy the one that would pull tires uphill???

I liked that dude. Scrape got mad at me when I told him that I thought the wrestler type dude should punch him in the face. I dont think the wrestler dude could catch scrape though.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

onemile

Ok, I tried to read your breathing thread but after a few posts, I just got bored.  There are a lot of batshit crazies on the interwebz. It's best to not let them get to you.

GC100k

was the barefoot guy the one that would pull tires uphill???

I liked that dude. Scrape got mad at me when I told him that I thought the wrestler type dude should punch him in the face. I dont think the wrestler dude could catch scrape though.

That's the guy.  Big Barefoot B-something.  I liked him.  I was pretty much exactly the same age and same size as he was when I started running.  Too bad he disappeared.  I hope my creepiness didn't contribute to that. I could send him an email, but I'll let it go.

Dr. Cornsitter

That's the guy.  Big Barefoot B-something.  I liked him.  I was pretty much exactly the same age and same size as he was when I started running.  Too bad he disappeared.  I hope my creepiness didn't contribute to that. I could send him an email, but I'll let it go.

"Hi, My name is GC100k, and I'm an internet creeper." The first step to recovery is admitting you haeva  problem.

Glad you're coming clean Joking

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.