Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: All The Better To Eat You With My Dear (Read 65 times)

LRB

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

@runjerseygirl

Now those are faces I've seen on my children before.  I think I'll sleep with one eye open tonight.

3 miles on the docket for me today.  Legs are a little sore from my workout yesterday, but it feels good.

I'm sitting here in my living room with no lights on, while the whole house sleeps, coffee in hand.  This is my sanctuary.

(not my pic)

Do you even run?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Now those are faces I've seen on my children before.  I think I'll sleep with one eye open tonight.

3 miles on the docket for me today.  Legs are a little sore from my workout yesterday, but it feels good.

I'm sitting here in my living room with no lights on, while the whole house sleeps, coffee in hand.  This is my sanctuary.

(not my pic)

Sounds like a good time to get a run in!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

@runjerseygirl

Sounds like a good time to get a run in!

But then when would I drink my coffee?  Smile

I like to run on my lunch break.  Keeps me energized for the afternoon at work.

Do you even run?

flarunner

Mornin' All!

5 relaxed miles in mid 60's temps.

Kay, I'm with you on the sanctuary in the early morning. Best part of the day.

Have great workouts everyone!

Good morning, everyone!

Thanks for starting today's thread, Rick.

flarunner, I envy your being able to run outdoors in such lovely weather,

I slept an extra two hours. I'll do weights, push-ups, abs, and cardio  *after* work.

Today is one of those rare days. I'm going to have a coffee and it won't be before a run.

delicate flower

It's TUESDAY omg.  What da ya say there, professor!  I'm glad yesterday's workday was a little calmer.  Speaking of yesterday, instead of elliptical I did a 50 minute spin session with DW on the basement spin bikes.  I'll get back to the elliptical today.

One week until surgery.  I've been stretching my knee like hell and I've gotten pretty close to full range of motion back.  I've been diligent about my stretching and getting my knee into surgery shape.  I should be good to go.  Not as much pain anymore, but the knee still has a tendency to give out when I am just walking along.  It needs fixin'.  Pre-surgery doctor appointment, instructions, preparations tomorrow morning.

Enjoy your Tuesday! 

<3

Bummer, didn't get up early enough for a run this morning.......I'll get three in on the treadmill after work. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

runmomto3boys

12-13 miles later this morning while my Mom watches the two littles (BONUS! I rarely get to run during the day!). This run will put me > the 340 mark for the month, which is a PB for me!

happylily

Good morning!

I did 10 last night and I have 12 after work. Hopefully there will be more of a spring in my legs at that moment.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

I just got back from the gym. I got a late start so I had to do a shorter workout than I would have liked, so I did 22 minutes on the elliptical, squats, a few hip exercises, planks, calf raises and stretched. I plan to do more hip and ab stuff in my apartment after work, just didn't have time at the gym.

Now, getting that Keurig fired up and making damn sure I leave with coffee in hand and not on counter!!!!!

Have a great day

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

runmomto3boys

Good morning!

I did 10 last night and I have 12 after work. Hopefully there will be more of a spring in my legs at that moment.

I'm just in awe how you rebound from a marathon in the first place!  I couldn't string together the runs that you are doing so soon after a race!  You have fantastic recovery skills!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a recovery run tonight with the running group, followed by beer.  In fact, all our meetings should end with beer, right?

Work and court today, so I gotta split!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mostly harmless

I was pretty worn out after my 12 miler yesterday and thought about moving my Wednesday RD to day but I woke up feeling pretty good. I'm going to go ahead with the 8 miles that are on my training calendar for today, but I'll skip the 5x600m @ 5K pace.  If the weather comes as predicted today and tomorrow, these are not days to miss out on so the plan is to move the RD to Thursday.  I'm supposed to run a tune up race Friday so having a RD the day before seems like a good idea.

LRB - Another picture I can't see courtesy of Uncle Sam. Cry

Kay - I love the early morning quiet in my house too.  Enjoy your run today. When do you start officially training for your HM?

flarunner - Sounds like a nice run.  We are supposed to get into the 60's today and tomorrow before we plunge back into winter.

BasyaSpiliakos - Enjoy your workout after work. I hope the coffee hit the spot.

Baboon - Sounds like you've been through the knee surgery before. Have a good time with the elliptical.

Sparker - 3 on the TM is about as much as I can take!

RMT3B - Woo hoo on a daytime run! Thanks be to Mom!  That's an awesome PB too!

happylily - Lots of post-marathon miles! Enjoy your run today!

kristin - I read your post about leaving the coffee at home yesterday.  I've done that more times than I would like to admit!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi