Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: All The Better To Eat You With My Dear (Read 65 times)

@runjerseygirl

Supp crew!

40 minute threshold run done.  I averaged a 7:31 pace which strangely, began to feel "easy" around the twenty-five minute mark.

Easy might not be the best word but I felt I could pick up the pace a little.  I resisted the urge to turn it into a progression run however, since that was not the intent of the run.

It will be interesting to see how this same workout plays outside.  Anyhoo, 7 miles total in 55:00.

Good lord! Shocked That's a ridiculous pace!  And you want to pick it up a little?  I'm impressed.

Do you even run?

Pinktastic

Good Morning My Running Friends!!

I like to have my coffee and read what y'all are up to in the mornings. That always starts my day off nicely!!

LRB – Those pics are awesome!! Thanks! Nice run this morning! For someone on the comeback trail, you are FAST!!

Kay – Good luck with your HM training! I am so going to enjoy watching you train and then seeing you ROCK that HM!!

Flarunner – Great run this morning! Hope the rest of your day goes equally well (or better)!

Basya – What? You slept in this morning? Good for you! Sometimes we all need that extra sleep. Enjoy your coffee and have a Pinktacular workout after work!

Phil – I think it's wonderful that you and MBC spend time working out together! Hope your work day is quiet and stress-free!!

Scott – Have a great run on the TM later!

Heidi – That's really nice that your Mom is close enough and able to watch the boys so you can run! Not everyone has that kind of relationship with their parents. Have a Pinksational run this morning!!

Lily – You are so amazing! I only hope that, someday in my running journey, I can run ½ as well as you!! Enjoy your run later!

Kristin10185 – Good for you for going to the gym even though you got a late start!! Hope your coffee is doubly good today!

Damaris – Have fun with your running group tonight!

ImNotScott – What distance is your tune-up race on Friday? And, which race? Have a great run today!

DaveP – Hope the rain clears up for your lunchtime run!

Robin – Have a great rest day!

Shari – Enjoy your 8 miles and your strength class today! I need to be more accountable for my food choices. I love all the wrong foods....

Lilac – Hopefully you will loosen up as you move around today. Have a wonderful day!!

Robert – Congrats on your PB! That's freaking awesome!!

Jedi – That sounds like a tough workout this morning! Great job!!

Bruce – When you find more coffee, please share. Have a great run at the track this evening!!

I managed to get my butt out the door this morning.   But, the run was a total struggle.   7.07 miles in "it's so humid that sweat is dripping off you when you step out the door".   The nice thing about crappy runs is that it makes me really appreciate the good ones even more.   I may try to eek out a few more miles after work depending on how the day goes.

Happy Tuesday!!   And, may your next run make you feel like all the running you've been doing is paying off huge rewards!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Zelanie

Morning!  Coffee is ready on the counter but I need to break away from the forums to go get it.  Had a great LT run last night and have 4.5 easy scheduled for today.

LRB- You need to stop second guessing yourself.  I was doing the same thing since I did my run on the TM last night.  I started thinking "yeah, but could you have done the same thing outside?"  It's just mind games- we ran the miles, damnit!

Heidi- Glad to hear you've had such a good running month!

runmomto3boys

Dave and Robert: Thank you!!!

LRB: Fantastic pace on that threshold run!  Super fast!

Bruce: Thanks and nice miles for you as well!  I know what you mean - I'm struggling with what to do today too.  It's going to be unseasonably warm, but rainy.  Outside v. inside...  I hate to miss out on running on a 57 degree day in January, though, you know?

Jedi: Holy fast pace on those 400m intervals!  Well done!!!!!

Sarah: Awww, thanks!!! You are a sweetie!  Way to get through that humid 7 miler today.  I am glad you can appreciate the silver lining of a run like that. The next one will inevitably be better!

Zelanie: Thanks so much!  Nice work on the LT run last night!

Mostly harmless

I have a leisurely 8 miles planned for this evening with 10x100 strides thrown in for giggles. Even though the temperatures are warm today I just don't look forward to running outside in drizzle/rain/fog. Instead, I'll probably hit the indoor track on campus and hopefully will be able to kick down the pace and not race those college kids. (I don't like getting passed)

I have this problem too.  I was on mile 10 yesterday, coming out of a cul de sac  and headed for home when I saw my neighbor coming the other way.  She is the Maryland 3A High School cross country champ two years running.  I had about 1/4 mile on her but I'm sloooooow and she's faaaaaast. I tried to kick it up a notch but it didn't take long for me to be reminded just how fast she is.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Docket_Rocket

Bruce, YOU CANNOT HAVE MY COFFEE!

I have come to the conclusion that my foot cannot be broken.  It's black and blue but it moves without pain.  I do have some pain if I touch it so if it does not go away in a week, I'll call the podiatrist.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mostly harmless

ImNotScott – What distance is your tune-up race on Friday? And, which race? Have a great run today!

The "race" is part of my training plan (Pfitz 18/55) and the distance is up to me. I guess it will actually be a time trial and not a race since I'll run it alone.  I'm planning to run 10 at HM pace.

I like your attitude about the crappy run.  As Beavis and Butthead put it: "You have to have stuff that sucks so that you'll know when stuff is cool".

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

LRB - nice 40min temo. What VDOT you training at?  47? I'm assuming that was T +15sec as Daniels prescribes according to table 7.1. Mine felt same way last week on mill.

Supp crew!

40 minute threshold run done.  I averaged a 7:31 pace which strangely, began to feel "easy" around the twenty-five minute mark.

Easy might not be the best word but I felt I could pick up the pace a little.  I resisted the urge to turn it into a progression run however, since that was not the intent of the run.

It will be interesting to see how this same workout plays outside.  Anyhoo, 7 miles total in 55:00.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

delicate flower

Baboon - Great news on your range of motion. How does this pre-op ROM compare to your last ACL surgery? Hopefully this time your recovery is smooth.

Right now at three weeks past the injury, I am where it took me two months to go to last time.  Last time I was afraid to do anything right after the injury, so I kept my leg still and tried not to move it for four days (until I saw a doctor).  It swelled, stiffened up, and was hard to get the ROM back.  I could not straighten or fully bend my leg until a few days before surgery and it took a lot of painful PT.  This time I knew staying flexible was important, so I immediately starting going to work on the knee.  I've actually got more damage this time but am five weeks ahead of where I was last time.  I can fully extend my leg and can almost fully bend it, and I don't need any pre-surgery PT this time.  That's good because I can use those insurance-covered PT sessions for recovery.  I think I get 25 sessions under my insurance plan and I had to use five of them before surgery last time, which caused me to end the "advanced sports rehab" early.  Now I've saved all my PT for post-surgery.

#coolstorybro

<3

Luke79

5 miles easy @ 10:23 after work this morning, because Higdon told me to.

LRB

LRB - nice 40min temo. What VDOT you training at?  47? I'm assuming that was T +15sec as Daniels prescribes according to table 7.1. Mine felt same way last week on mill.

Yes, that is exactly right.  He has a section on treadmill training and adjustment factors, but the book is already so deep as it is that I simply am not ready to go that far into detail with that whole thing.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Phil – I think it's wonderful that you and MBC spend time working out together! Hope your work day is quiet and stress-free!!

THANKS!   We bought our first spin bike maybe......5 years ago and then picked up the 2nd one from a gym that was closing (cheap) last  year so we've had 2 in the basement.  It took "not being able to run" to get him to spin with me Smile  LOL

Now if I can just get rid of the pool table I can have my own spin studio!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

4-5 after work for me. I'm mini-tapering for a 10k I have on Sunday.

@runjerseygirl

5 miles easy @ 10:23 after work this morning, because Higdon told me to.

He's so bossy, isn't he?  LOL!

Do you even run?

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I agree. Excellent book though.

Yes, that is exactly right.  He has a section on treadmill training and adjustment factors, but the book is already so deep as it is that I simply am not ready to go that far into detail with that whole thing.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???