Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: All The Better To Eat You With My Dear (Read 65 times)

LRB

I agree. Excellent book though.

Yes, it's all there.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I did not get to do my weight training yesterday.  Right before I got ready to leave work, I got a short-notice project from the University president that needed to be done ASAP.  So I did that and then just went on home.  Today's plan is to do my hill route around the university campus after work.   Temp at my run-time will be 84 degrees, with thunderstorms threatening, and a humidity of nearly 95%.  Can you say sweat sweat sweat!

Just got this e-mail a minute or so ago from my DW about her niece, her brother's daughter:

She was found last night by her boyfriend in her apartment incoherent and the doctors don’t know how long she has been that way.  Right now she is at ICU, they are running tests to see all the complications.  What they know is that she is dehydrated, has pneumonia, her kidneys are failing, low blood pressure, thyroid not functioning.  It doesn’t sound good.  She’s only 28. 

That sucks.  Good vibes, thoughts, prayers, whatever your personal choice is, would be appreciated!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll be getting either a 5 or 6 miler in tonight around 5 p.m, cloudy weather with 60-65 degrees so I am excited to be wearing short sleeves! I'll wear my capri's only because they have a zipper pocket in the back for my phone and key, if I could only find a pair of shorts that have a zipper pocket (I'm picky about my shorts). Thankfully my boss is DH so he wasn't upset this morning for me sleeping in, I got my coffee with me and am enjoying it. Sunday's 9 mile long run felt good, and I feel no soreness whatsoever...... like I could go for another one right now, but that is why I might do 6 miles instead of 5 tonight. I've been editing and fixing my training plan this year, and I am pretty proud of it so far.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Pinktastic

She was found last night by her boyfriend in her apartment incoherent and the doctors don’t know how long she has been that way.  Right now she is at ICU, they are running tests to see all the complications.  What they know is that she is dehydrated, has pneumonia, her kidneys are failing, low blood pressure, thyroid not functioning.  It doesn’t sound good.  She’s only 28. 

That sucks.  Good vibes, thoughts, prayers, whatever your personal choice is, would be appreciated!

Wow, Scotty!   That totally sucks!!   Sending positive vibes and prayers her way!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh no scotty! Positive vibes to your neice and family!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Sending good internet mojo your way, Scotty.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorry to hear Scotty, hope things get better and sending my thoughts and prayers you and your family's way.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all.  I got in 7.57 this morning at easy pace, although my watch was a little wonky and I guess I ended up being a little faster than I thought I was.  I'll do about 5 more this evening with a friend, which will put those miles in my recovery range.  That's fine by me as my legs felt pretty heavy today.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Oh, no, Scotty.  Will be thinking of her.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Wow Scotty...thoughts with your family.  She's too young to have to be fighting through that.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

@runjerseygirl

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way, Scotty.

3 miles in 30:55 for me today.  And I was able to run outside!  It's in the upper 40's today, so I jumped at the chance to get out on the road.  Of course, I wore my tights and a long sleeve shirt because I couldn't fathom wearing short anything today, but I definitely would have been fine in capris and a tshirt.  I was a little warm by about a mile in.  Oh well.  I feel great anyway.  Big grin

Do you even run?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Scotty, I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your family.

Jess runs for bacon

Scotty, you and yours are in my thoughts.

LRB

Sorry to hear about that Scotty.  Hopefully things work out.

Luke, way to pick yourself up and get back at my man!  What up doe Bruce, Scott, Zel, Sarah, and ma!  Nice runs everyone else!

Baboon, have a great workout.

Scott, enjoy your post-work run.

Heidi, amazing run and PB.

Lily, have fun. I'm amazed at how quickly you're back at it, so soon after a marathon.

kristin10185, great job doing what you can.

Damaris, enjoy your recovery run. How are you feeling?

ImNotScott, I hope that your eight-miler goes well.

DaveP MI, I hope that your run wasn't too wet.

Shari, have fun strength training and running.

robinde, I understand how work and school commitments can make it difficult.

lilac_jive, have a relaxing rest day.

Robert, great job fitting the run into your day. Congratulations on the monthly mileage PB!

jedigunnie26.2, amazing intervals.

Rick, sweet pace. What's a threshhold run?

BruceD555, enjoy tonight's run.

Sarah, great job slogging through a humid run. Indeed, those suck.

Zelanie, have a refreshing easy run.

Luke, nice five-miler.

April, have a fun five tonight.

scottydawg, 84F and 95% humidity? Ow. Your niece and her loved ones are in my thoughts.

FreeSoul87, enjoy your run tonight.

SIAR, I hope that tonight's run alleviates the heaviness of your legs.

Kay, great three miles. I marvel at how you're progressing.

I snuck push-ups and ab work into my break. Back to work for me nowSmile