Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: All The Better To Eat You With My Dear (Read 65 times)

bpink76

Hi all!  Brand new to the group.  Today was 4 miles @ 8:45.  A beautiful day!

2013 Goals:

5K: 25:00

10K: 52:00

Half: 2:00:00

Sarah, I desperately needed a refresher, but I was unable to take a nap. I snuck into an empty classroom did three sets of fifteen reps of each of my ab exercises and twenty-five straight-leg push-ups.

Shari, great job fitting a run and strength-training into your day.

Rick, thanks for explaining what a threshold run is.

ImNotScott, your discovery sounds very cool.

DaveP MI, I'm glad that you avoided the rain.

FreeSoul87, I hope that the run goes well.

Just B.S., 36F sounds heavenly right now.

scrape., sometimes, you have to do what you have to do.

bpink76, welcome! I'm happy you joined us. Excellent run at a great paceSmile

I'm on my way to the gym to do weights and cardio. Maybe some movement will refresh me. Again.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

4.83 miles at a 9:24 pace with my Ironman buddy.  Great recovery miles for me, and nice to catch up with a friend.  60 degrees and sunny was just the icing on the cake!  Something like 12.5 total for the day.

ETA...The Saucony Cortanas that I ordered came...they were too small, as I figured they'd be, but I took a chance because I could get them for $60 if I got them a half size small.  I did decide I liked them though, so I ponied up the extra money and got them for $72.  I still need to get a new racing shoe, and then I can finally quit whining about my shoes all the time.  I'm even annoying myself at this point trying to find something I like to run in.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

i got 3.1 in after work on the bike trail......attempted to beat the oncoming thunderstorm......mile and a half in it started pouring down rain. :-) kinda enjoyed it. PB 3.1 in 29.30 @ 9:31 which is 16 seconds off my best.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Nevrgivup

I really am digging this swimming as part of my running routine.  I just did a 45min workout in the pool and feel like I could run another 3 or so miles. Another bonus is that I'm going to be sporting some nice upper body toneness come summertime. Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ugh I hurt my knee at work Sad. The same knee as the ITBS but an unrelated issue. I fell and hit it HARD. Bruised and sore Sad booooo

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

Sending thoughts your way Scotty.

It seems like I'll end my 61-day run streak today. It been getting boring lately, so I think it's time for a mental break. Or does somebody want to yell at me to get off the couch and run?

CrisRuns

10k at lunchtime. 41 degrees & very foggy at the outset, but no rain. I have a 2 mile loop around the office involving some road & some sidewalk. The road was fine although wet; the problem was when I got to the sidewalk portion, which had never been cleared of snow & was 2 inches of slush. Yuck. It is next to a semi-busy 2-lane road with no shoulder, so kind of had to stick with it. Then got to the portion of the sidewalk on an overpass. You know the signs that say "bridges freeze before roads"? It was solid ice, we're talking skating rink. Anyway after I got through the first loop, did a reroute to stay on roads. Oh and then the skies opened up on me about mile 4.

Got the miles in, that's the main thing! And still beats the hell out of the treadmill!

Oh and for you science geeks out there, here's my post-run coffee cup. (Photo is distorted for some reason, but you get the idea).

Nice mug!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Eh, the run  wasn't bad. Wasn't as awesome as I was feeling all day but not bad. I decided to stick to my training  plan and ran 5 miles. My knees were sore, but not a bad run, I chickened out on wearing shorts. I still feel to self-conscious over my jiggly thighs so I put my capri's on and by the middle of the run I was wishing that I had kept my shorts on.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

I feel you.

Two McRibs.

I walked into McD's expecting to grab a Mushroom and Swiss, but was surprised to see they were still selling McRibs. It's 4 hours later, and I am thinking I should have gone with the Mushroom and Swiss this time.

4 recovery miles.  Pretty nice run.  Sorry I was MIA but I had emergency hearings today.  You know, that pesky job thing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Scotty, sorry to hear about your wife's neice. I hope she pulls through. Sounds like she's maybe had some untreated symptoms for a little while.

RMT3B - You are a running machine!

LRB - you've got some serious speed going there.

Wish I could keep up with everyone on the thread, but there are too many of y'all and too little time!

SRD for me tonight. The weather was fine for doing a few miles after work, but I've run the last 6 in a row, and I really need to give the legs a rest.

2 more dreaded day shifts and I'm off for the long weekend. Can't wait to NOT get up with the alarm.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

runmomto3boys

Right now at three weeks past the injury, I am where it took me two months to go to last time.  Last time I was afraid to do anything right after the injury, so I kept my leg still and tried not to move it for four days (until I saw a doctor).  It swelled, stiffened up, and was hard to get the ROM back.  I could not straighten or fully bend my leg until a few days before surgery and it took a lot of painful PT.  This time I knew staying flexible was important, so I immediately starting going to work on the knee.  I've actually got more damage this time but am five weeks ahead of where I was last time.  I can fully extend my leg and can almost fully bend it, and I don't need any pre-surgery PT this time.  That's good because I can use those insurance-covered PT sessions for recovery.  I think I get 25 sessions under my insurance plan and I had to use five of them before surgery last time, which caused me to end the "advanced sports rehab" early.  Now I've saved all my PT for post-surgery.

#coolstorybro

This is incredible, Phil!  Keep up the great work!

Hilary: Nice job swimming!

Kristin: Oh, no, oh, no - I'm sorry to hear about the knee.  I hope it is nothing serious.

Bpink: Welcome!  Nice 4 miler!!!!

Sparker: Great work PBing that 5K today!!  You are getting fast!!!

SIAR: More miles, more miles! Another great day for you!  Keep it up!

B-Plus: I'm not a streak enabler, so I say take the day off!

Damaris: Nice job on the 4!

It seems like I'll end my 61-day run streak today. It been getting boring lately, so I think it's time for a mental break. Or does somebody want to yell at me to get off the couch and run?

GET OFF THE COUCH AND RUN!!!!

You know you want to!

I don't know about you, but running IS my mental break.

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

4 done at 9:43 pace. Better late than never. I need to run before work tomorrow and Thursday... interested to see how that goes. Mainly if I'll drag ass outta bed.

BruceD555

I told you I needed more coffee!

So, this morning I had decided to do my scheduled 8 miles at the indoor track on campus. Throughout the day the weather was getting suckier and by this evening it was a steady rain at a "feels like" temp of 33 degrees. Just about 15 minutes before I was going to head to campus I got a text message from a running bud to head out for a group run in the rain ... What'd I say but SURE.

Now, my question is: By choosing a group run outside in the 33 degree rain instead of a nice comfy 65 degree indoor 200m track am I?

(a) Hardcore because a real runner never gives up the opportunity to brave the elements or

(b) Just plain stupid.

Either way, it was another 8 miles in the books ... faster and wetter than planned.

Train smart ... race smarter.