Beginners and Beyond

Doral 5K RR (Read 78 times)

Docket_Rocket

Let's just say I need a second closet only for skirts.... Big grin

You are one woman racing machine Damaris.  How big is your running outfits closet Smile ?

Great pics, RR, a very good 5k result and from ultras training on the top of all that. NICE.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

That's a kickass job only a week after running an ultra!!  Outstanding! Big grin

+1

With a marathon next week.  Crazy!

Nice touch on the colors by the way.  ; )

kettledrum

Great news running another successful race without the meds.

Great job, D.

Really cool that you're such a versatile runner, doing an ultra and then bouncing back quickly for a strong 5K.  Congrats.

Sparker - you want to be shirtless in Florida unless it's January.  Shave what needs to be shaved and lather up with sunblock, the extra work is still far better than finishing a run with a shirt so wet that you could jump in the shower to dry off some.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Just realized I hadn't responded and didn't want any *sniffing!  From 50k to a near PR 5k in a week is freaking great.  Kudos to you for being tough and working your way off all the medications.  Nice to hear that weight is just melting away too!  You look great.  The AG awards are nice, but you did all you could by running a super race.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

GinnyinPA

Congratulations Damaris.  It's great that you're able to run so well without the meds.