Beginners and Beyond

POLL: How many times per week do you run? (Read 166 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Usually 4.  Sometimes 5 but I also cross train with weights and don't want to be "that guy" when asked why I'm never around.  Wink

Randy

B-Plus

6-7. Occasionally more, but not too often.

happylily

Oh great, now laundry savings gets thrown into the mix ... next thing you know we're back to LTH's side-topic/derailment and we're on to nekkid running on the TM for maniacs who don't like to be seen while running but care about water usage & efficiency. Big grin

haha! Big grin

Wait... are you comparing me somehow to LTH? Embarrassed

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

Five days a week has been my routine for years.  However, recently I've been feeling antsy on my rest days and have been thinking about upping it to six days a week.  I blame all of you for that. Big grin

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

Robert31320

Team TJ

Most weeks 4 with an occasional 5 run week thrown in for the heck of it.  Concentrating on greater distance per run.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Counting doubles this year I'm averaging 6 runs per week.

RSX

When uninjured I run 6 days a week. Most times I use an elliptical machine on the off day.

GinnyinPA

Five right now.

Rungry!

I aim for six, but average 4.5 Embarrassed (I often have issues pulling myself out of bed in the morning)

Jen

Sharz96

Usually 5.  I've been aiming for six days a week, but it almost never happens.  Something always interferes ... or I LET something interfere.

LRB

Currently 6.  I have toyed with the idea of running 7 days when marathon training starts to make it easier to get my target mileage in, but I hold my rest day in high regard so we will have to think on that a bit more.

scissorbill

5 days running, 1 XT and 1 rest.

cmb4314

Five for me. Rest day on Monday and Friday.

This is usually what I do, unless I'm in a training plan that calls for more.  I like running a lot, but I find that most of the time, I'm happier to maintain ~30-35 mpw and have my rest days.

I LOVE having Fridays off.  I work hourly, and usually I end up inadvertently working extra throughout the week and so I'm done with 40 hours by ~3:00 on Friday afternoon (I don't get overtime pay, so I leave the second I hit 40 hours).  I can go home early, relax, cook a nice dinner - it's just nice to not have to worry about scheduling a run into my day.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Rondog65

I am a slacker usually 4, with an occasional 5 day.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Sloooow.

You're all making me tired.

4-5 days here. I usually always take Wednesday and Sunday off.