Beginners and Beyond

Boxing DAILIES (Read 36 times)

Cyberic

You will not see me in an electronics store today. Maybe some online shopping, though. A pair of shoes?...

Cyberic

Gonna head out the door soon. My Baboonesque streak has ended at three days. Did not make it to 8 hours last night.

Driving up North tomorrow to see my parents. Don't feel like driving all the way up there, but they're not so young anymore, so ... yeah. My daughter is coming with me so it will be a music party in the car, lol

Docket_Rocket

Have fun!

In the office today but tomorrow is my Friday off so yay me. RD but I might meet the running group for a quick 3 because it's the pub crawl run and I am bringing them coquito.

A cop stopped me this morning after following me for around 5 minutes (I saw him from the start). He first drove beside me for a while then followed me to the next highway. And he stopped me for "looking at my phone while driving". Except the phone was in my purse and he meant the car giant screen with Waze showing on it. After he realized his mistake, he warned me about the three tickets he could've given me and let me go with a warning. Still wondering what the three tickets would be for but OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!!  I've got a tempo run to do later.  Tired ski legs will no doubt come into play.

Gonna head out the door soon. My Baboonesque streak has ended at three days. Did not make it to 8 hours last night. 

Hey, three days is a pretty good run.

A cop stopped me this morning after following me for around 5 minutes (I saw him from the start). He first drove beside me for a while then followed me to the next highway. And he stopped me for "looking at my phone while driving". Except the phone was in my purse and he meant the car giant screen with Waze showing on it. After he realized his mistake, he warned me about the three tickets he could've given me and let me go with a warning. Still wondering what the three tickets would be for but OK.

Hmph...cops.  I guess you should be happy you weren't shot. 

<3

Docket_Rocket

True! Always grateful for that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ran 7.

It was creepy what with the darkness and near total silence. Kinda reminded me of a 4:30 am run on a Sunday.

I tripped and stumbled for about 10 feet and came this close to biting it for the first time ever. My chin was about 2 feet above the ground at its closest, phew!

onemile

my new garmin has this really depressing feature where it counts down the time remaining until sunset

bluerun

Super B****

11 on the AlterG with four mile repeats... would be nice if a sub-5:30 mile actually felt that easy IRL

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Sounds like a guy with a monthly quota.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning, I may get an easy run in later today, may not, no biggie.... I'll have to have my 7.5 year old, 55 lb son in the stroller that he can barely fit in... but hey at least it will be like 60-65 degrees.

I'm seriously considering trying some of that 6AM Marathon or the 6AM Sprint powder..... you guys probably haven't heard or seen the ads so, eh.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like a guy with a monthly quota.

Except he didn't give me a ticket. It was just weird.

I've dealt with cops with quotas in Miami; this was just weird in full. From the tailgaiting, following, etc., to the stop.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I'm seriously considering trying some of that 6AM Marathon or the 6AM Sprint powder..... you guys probably haven't heard or seen the ads so, eh.

What does it do?

My flight home yesterday was pretty miserable last night, with all the coughing and breathing problems. But I was looking forward to some drugs I had at home - Prednisone for my asthma, and a wonderful coma-inducing prescription narcotic cough syrup. Plus my comfy bed - for some reason my parents like rock-hard mattresses. Anyway, I had an awesomely Baboony night’s sleep, and my breathing is way better this morning. What a relief.

Probably another RD anyway to play it safe.

Dave

LRB

my new garmin has this really depressing feature where it counts down the time remaining until sunset

That would proove very useful in the Transylvania region. lol

LRB

My flight home yesterday was pretty miserable last night, with all the coughing and breathing problems. But I was looking forward to some drugs I had at home - Prednisone for my asthma, and a wonderful coma-inducing prescription narcotic cough syrup. Plus my comfy bed - for some reason my parents like rock-hard mattresses. Anyway, I had an awesomely Baboony night’s sleep, and my breathing is way better this morning. What a relief.

Probably another RD anyway to play it safe.

Great news. And smart considering the travel and what not.