Beginners and Beyond

It's a Dirty Job, but TUESDAILIES Are Going to Do It (Read 50 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I hear ya... There is a public school one block from my apartment in one direction, and a Catholic school one block in the other. I can't avoid it!! People are special.

Fixed my post.  That is all.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Dealing with a little post-NCAA-championship bleariness, not so much from the outcome (sorry LRB) but from staying up till midnight to watch the end.

They had a fantastic run.  The youngest team in the tournament against the overall # 1 seed, and a team picked by many to win it all at the beginning of the season.

They had no business being in that game last night but they sure as hell showed up and took it to 'em.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

It's my first day of running after I decided I needed a pace change. What really tipped the scales was the fact that I ran a 48:19 10k. That's a 7:47 mm pace. Considering my "pace" run was a 9:00mm pace and my easy run was a 10mm pace, I thought some change was in order.

So....

Long: 10:00 -> 9:50

Easy: 10:00 -> 9:22

Speed: 9:00 -> 8:34

Pace: 9:00 -> 8:13

I did run 6 miles this morning at the 8:34 pace, and it went well. I guess my only concern is my pace speed may be a bit fast. My next workout at that pace is penciled in for 5 miles on Saturday.

- Andrew

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  Another day of rest and rolling for me, but I think I'll at least get a dog walk in.  I didn't even walk the last two in an abundance of caution.  Tomorrow I will attempt a very easy run, I think.

Have a good day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.1 for me today.  Was another good run.

LRB I would agree with that fix of your post Smile

Marjorie

Jess runs for bacon

A little under 3 for me today, took a wrong turn and didn't have it in me to go further (last mile was pretty much all uphill). Was really tired today. May have been the heat, it was already 75 at 9am. Then did Runner's Yoga at the LRS. I'm terrible at it, which is why I bought four classes.

Resting a bit then biking down to the rail trail, my friend owns the local bike shop and apparently he needs people to bike for a Capital Blue Cross commercial. Not sure what the whole deal is but it sounds like fun.

Then two glasses of wine tonight. Yes please.

Hip Redux

3 miles done at lunch time, now I'm sweating at my desk eating my lunch.    TMI?  Possibly.  It's warm out there today!!

Shari, I'm glad that your hamstring felt OK enough for four miles. I hope that the massage on Friday helps.

Rick, enjoy your speedwork. Thanks for the info. I look forward to checking it when I return home.

flarunner, excellent pre-work six.

DaveP MI, have a great lunchtime run.

Damaris, enjoy weight training and the seven-mile run. I know that easy pace I supposed to feel easy, but the easy paces according to my alleged VDOT are downright uncomfortably easy.

Phil, enjoy the outdoors.

kristin10185, have fun on the TM.

AprilRunner, have a pleasant lunchtime run.

Brrrrrrr, sweet six at an amazing pace.

Zelanie, I hope that resting and rolling helps you heal.

Marjorie, excellent 11.1.

lilac_jive, I hope that taking the rest of the day easy helps relax and refresh you.

Oski, great job fitting a three-miler into your workday.

I did 13.1 miles on the TM in 2:04:48. I worked in ten-minute splits for the first 1:40:00...

0:00 to 10:00 - 6.0mph (10:00)
                  10:00 to 20:00 - 6.1mph (9:49)
                  20:00 to 30:00 - 6.2mph (9:40)
                  30:00 to 40:00 - 6.3mph (9:31)
                  40:00 to 50:00 - 6.4mph (9:22)
                  50:00 to 1:00:00 - 6.5mph (9:13)
                  1:00:00 to 1:10:00 - 6.6mph (9:05)
                  1:10:00 to 1:20:00 - 6.5mph (9:13)
                  1:20:00 to 1:30:00 - 6.4mph (9:22)
                  1:30:00 to 1:40:00 - 6.3mph (9:31)
                  1:40:00 to 2:04:48 - 6.2mph (9:40)

Docket_Rocket

The first time I did Daniels, I felt the same way.  FWIW, my times are faster than yours and I never run that fast (even though it feels easy).  But you could be faster than you think.

Shari, I'm glad that your hamstring felt OK enough for four miles. I hope that the massage on Friday helps.

Rick, enjoy your speedwork. Thanks for the info. I look forward to checking it when I return home.

flarunner, excellent pre-work six.

DaveP MI, have a great lunchtime run.

Damaris, enjoy weight training and the seven-mile run. I know that easy pace I supposed to feel easy, but the easy paces according to my alleged VDOT are downright uncomfortably easy.

Phil, enjoy the outdoors.

kristin10185, have fun on the TM.

AprilRunner, have a pleasant lunchtime run.

Brrrrrrr, sweet six at an amazing pace.

Zelanie, I hope that resting and rolling helps you heal.

Marjorie, excellent 11.1.

lilac_jive, I hope that taking the rest of the day easy helps relax and refresh you.

Oski, great job fitting a three-miler into your workday.

I did 13.1 miles on the TM in 2:04:48. I worked in ten-minute splits for the first 1:40:00...

0:00 to 10:00 - 6.0mph (10:00)
                    10:00 to 20:00 - 6.1mph (9:49)
                    20:00 to 30:00 - 6.2mph (9:40)
                    30:00 to 40:00 - 6.3mph (9:31)
                    40:00 to 50:00 - 6.4mph (9:22)
                    50:00 to 1:00:00 - 6.5mph (9:13)
                    1:00:00 to 1:10:00 - 6.6mph (9:05)
                    1:10:00 to 1:20:00 - 6.5mph (9:13)
                    1:20:00 to 1:30:00 - 6.4mph (9:22)
                    1:30:00 to 1:40:00 - 6.3mph (9:31)
                    1:40:00 to 2:04:48 - 6.2mph (9:40)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm feeling sore today, a little stiff too. Probably a 3 mile walk today, I've got an easy 4 miler planned tomorrow depending on the weather.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

6.06 miles at lunchtime, 8:37 pace. A bit worried because as I was changing in the bathroom at work to run outside, I heard the skies open up. Thought I would need to revert to the treadmill, but the storm was short-lived. Ended up going out in a light drizzle, and even that cleared up. Temp was upper 40's, but still in shorts & short sleeves, quite comfortable.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is Hill Day.  Will do a 3-4 mile route of all hills.  Should be fun after work too, as the temp today in San Antonio is supposed to shoot up to 88 degrees.  We also have Damaris' Miama humidity to go with that temp, as thunderstorms have been threatening all day.  Lots of dark clouds around and very muggy air!  Mr. Local Radio Weather Guy just announced we may get some MAJOR thunderstorm action and possible hail in the PM time after work and through the night.  Hope it behaves itself until after I do my hills.  I should be good....they are predicting around 6 pm. or so and I usually start my run around 4:30 PM....so I should be done before the local weather goes all to hail.  Big grin

"Daniels VDOT"...sounds like something from that 'shades of gray' book.... Joking

Congrats on your butt-shaking run, flarunner!  Hmm, now why am I thinking about rump roast for dinner?

No rib pain is good, Damaris,happy for you!  Good luck with your Big Court Day!

Happy bike ride, Phil, sounds like some nice weather for it.

Good luck with your workout, Kristin, if you get one in today.  If not....go home and, per Awood's suggestion, scream loudly at the wall on your loud neighbors' side.....Wink

Got up at 3:45 this morning and had a really good strength workout at the track!.  You, lady, are nuts!  And did you have the whole track to yourself?  Congrats on your workout!  Sorry about the ITB, though.

Sorry you had to cut your run short, Step.  I sure hope you figure it all out and get some kind of fix so you can run healthy and strong again.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

Hope all are doing well!

10 miles in the books for me, a somewhat nice long run. Well, the first 6 were nice, then it became a gradually increasing struggle. I still finished what I set out to do, but the last 2 or 3 miles were significantly harder (and slower) than the rest. Probably due to a few factors including not having run long in a few weeks, having a taste or two of Chattanooga Whiskey last night, and the fact that it was almost 80 degrees out today!

I think I'll do one more longish run before the 4/20 15K.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

@runjerseygirl

4 in 37:51 - 9:27 pace

Shorts and tank top weather! Windy as hell, but nice and warm. Soaked right through my gear. Loving the sun on my skin!

Yummy splits for lunch! 9:55/9:40/9:26/8:48 That last mile was a bitch!

Do you even run?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Quick and easy lunchtime 5k done. It was really warm but also really windy. We went straight from winter to summer here.

I snapped a picture of my little fox friend and posted it in the "Show me something interesting" thread.