Beginners and Beyond

It's a Dirty Job, but TUESDAILIES Are Going to Do It (Read 50 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Some nice running for you, Brrrr, dang, you are speedy!

Enjoy the walk, Zelanie.  I'm sure the dog will enjoy it too.

I'm starting to bet with myself now Marjorie, lol, on your morning post, and what the "point number" will be with your run...will it be .1..or .4..or..... Joking   I lost today, I was guessing .3    Glad you had a good run!

Dang, lilac, that is quite an active day...run....then yoga...then bike....I feel lazy now, just putting in my measly 4 miles, lol.   Yeah, yoga, I am terrible at it too.  I am so inflexible,  I usually fall down trying to get into the positions.  Gail - who is VERY good at yoga - just rolls her eyes.

Way to get your lunch run in, Oski!  TMI?  Not unless you're sitting nekkid at your desk, sweating.  Shocked   No shower facilities available at work post-run?  Guess I'm lucky to work at a university and have access to the gym.

Congrats on the 13, Basya!  13 on a treadmilll, I'd go crazy staying on a treadmill that long....about 5 minutes is long enough for me!

Enjoy the walk, FreeSoul, hope it helps the muscles get loose

Congrats on your run, DaveP, and glad the weather behaved for you.   40s is shorts weather?  BRRRRR!!!!

Way to go on your miles, April!  So the fox is taking to you?  Next step..you'll be naming him (her?).

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Way to go on your miles, April!  So the fox is taking to you?  Next step..you'll be naming him (her?).

I think it's a her, and I've named her Foxy Roxy. Big grin

Hip Redux

Scotty - I showered, but I was still blazing hot!  My face was bright red for a good hour.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty - I showered, but I was still blazing hot!  My face was bright red for a good hour.

Sounds like me, takes me forever to cool down.  I am so glad my boss is a runner.  Those times I do run, she usually lets me have a 2-hour lunch (I just work late and make up the time), so I have plenty of time to run and then cool off post-run before I shower.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Sounds like me, takes me forever to cool down. 

Me too.  And it would be ok except everyone has to come into my office and say "Man, your face is red!"  Yeah, yeah, I know!

Ball of Fury

Scotty:  I absolutely had the track to myself!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh Scotty that is funny. It actually was going to be a .4 but when I got to 10.4 it just was going well so I did the extra .7 to get the 11.1. Most days I really have no idea where I will end. I know it will be 10 at least. Then the .number just depends on the route and how I'm feeling. If all lines I will go up some miles too. Intent always is 10.something or more.

Marjorie

I am hoping its just another couple day before I run again...........the weather is beautiful here in the Midwest. I really need to do something soon as No running has made me a bit grumpy........

ill be going to a Boy Scout meeting at 7pm, they are working on fire building. Should be a good night for a campfire.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Damaris, I'll start working with my training paces the day after my first HM next month. I want to have six to seven weeks to become accustomed to his training before I begin the marathon plan in June.

FreeSouk87, enjoy your walk. I hope that there's pleasant weather in your area.

DaveP MI, those 6.06 sound pleasantly refreshing.

scottydawg, have fun on the hills.

Tom, terrific ten.

Kay, sweet distance and pace.

AprilRunner, I'm glad that you enjoyed your lunchtime run.

Scott, what work do you do with the troop?

I'm on my way to the gym for weights and cardio. I'll do ab work at home tonight.

BruceD555

Whew, seriously late to the daily party today. It was a rainy Tuesday here and I opted to just get in my 7 recovery miles on the TM at work. Besides staying dry, that also kept me in the nice recovery pace zone for the run AND I got to watch an old episode of M*A*S*H. Haven't seen that show for years.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Scott, what work do you do with the troop?

Basya, my son and I are both Assistant Scoutmasters. He is an 18 year Eagle Scout and remains very active with the troop. He loves being a scout and it has really worked out well when he decided to go to a community college this year and next. We save money and he continues to be active.

its going to be tough when he goes 3 hours away in 2014 to finish school.......even then he'll be thinking about scoutIng. He Has been accepted into a Forestry program In southern Illinois.

First Race

Second Race

Scott

LRB

...........the weather really sucks ass in parts of the Midwest. I really need to do something soon like move South as this perpetual freeze has made me a bit grumpy........

FYP!  Big grin

I got 4 easy miles in after work in a bit of rain but nothing too serious.  It was my second time running a double and I was shaking my head in disbelief almost the entire run.

Me, running doubles?  No wonder it's so flippin' cold, hell is freezing over!

This mornings workout was "I" pace intervals:

2 minutes "I" pace/60 second recovery
                          1 minute "I" pace/30 second recovery
                          30 second "I" pace/90 second recovery

Repeated 5 times covering 2.88 miles for a 6:45 overall average pace.

And now, a glass of wine!

Hip Redux

Raked the yard after I got home from work so I guess I did a double today. Big grin

Ball of Fury

FYP!  Big grin

I got 4 easy miles in after work in a bit of rain but nothing too serious.  It was my second time running a double and I was shaking my head in disbelief almost the entire run.

Me, running doubles?  No wonder it's so flippin' cold, hell is freezing over!

This mornings workout was "I" pace intervals:

2 minutes "I" pace/60 second recovery
                              1 minute "I" pace/30 second recovery
                              30 second "I" pace/90 second recovery

Repeated 5 times covering 2.88 miles for a 6:45 overall average pace.

Nice double!  I thought you were on the wagon?  I keep saying I will get on that thing, but I think mine has a broken wheel!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

So what flavor wine this evening? Above is something we picked up in western Michigan  from Chateau Grand Traverse made at the Old Mission Peninsula.........we're going back in July for more. Had a bottle and a half Sunday with the DW.

First Race

Second Race

Scott