Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES (or, Happy Friday Eve!) (Read 64 times)

@runjerseygirl

This just in:

Dogs, whether large or small, charging at me from out of the blue while barking at the top of their lungs, scare the living shit out of me.

That is all.

Last week I ran my normal path around town, only I ran it during the day, instead of the pitch black of the early morning.  Well, one of the houses I ran past apparently thought that a fake deer head sticking out of the trees in front of their house would slow cars down.  It scared the shit out of my as I ran past it.  Talk about getting your heart rate pumping!

Do you even run?

This just in:

Dogs, whether large or small, charging at me from out of the blue while barking at the top of their lungs, scare the living shit out of me.

That is all.

I would pay money to see LRB running away in terror from a yapping Yorkie. Wink

By the way, forgot to wish everyone a happy Pi Day (3.14)!

Dave

@runjerseygirl

I would pay money to see LRB running away in terror from a yapping Yorkie. Wink

By the way, forgot to wish everyone a happy Pi Day (3.14)!

Funny, my friends always seem to celebrate a different holiday on March 14.

Do you even run?

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I love PIE!

AND I'm super excited - OSKI and I have signed up to "run" the 5K in Hartford to benefit the Sandy Hook families.  15THOUSAND runners for a 5k!  That kind of sounds like a lot to me!  Which is good because I may not be up for 3 miles by then so I can just shuffle along the back with th rest of the pack!

They are also expecting upwards of 65THOUSAND people in Hartford between families, friends, spectators and participants.  I know that isn't a lot for real cities, but to give you perspective, the total Population of Hartford is roughly double that.  Soooooooooo I can't even imagine what the scene is going to look like!!  We're going to make history though Smile

Rock on Thursdays!

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! I'd like to run outside, but am too paranoid about finding a patch of ice under the inch of snow that has/is falling right now. So I'll head to the TM for 10 miles, with a few fartleks thrown in just to break the monotony. Immediately followed by strength training class. Immediately followed by trying to convince my legs not to go into full-blown rebellion.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

I love PIE!

AND I'm super excited - OSKI and I have signed up to "run" the 5K in Hartford to benefit the Sandy Hook families.  15THOUSAND runners for a 5k!  That kind of sounds like a lot to me!  Which is good because I may not be up for 3 miles by then so I can just shuffle along the back with th rest of the pack!

They are also expecting upwards of 65THOUSAND people in Hartford between families, friends, spectators and participants.  I know that isn't a lot for real cities, but to give you perspective, the total Population of Hartford is roughly double that.  Soooooooooo I can't even imagine what the scene is going to look like!!  We're going to make history though Smile

Rock on Thursdays!

I'm excited Big grin

delicate flower

15THOUSAND runners for a 5k!  

And I thought the Max 5K was crowded with 3,000 runners.  Yowzas.

<3

outoftheblue

Good morning Dailies!

I managed a 6.3 tempo-ish run, with the last 3 miles at GHM pace. On a NRR note, all our indoor seeds have germinated and we have a forest of seedlings in our living room next to the window.    6 more weeks until outdoor planting.  It boggles my mind how a tiny seed can turn into large tomato plant and produce dozens of pounds of tomatoes.  I've always know it true of course, but seeing it happening has been fascinating.

LRB -- Way to brave the cold -- nice streaking, so to speak!

Oski and MBC -- that's cool about the Sandy Hook run.  What an unbelievable turn-out!

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

morning!  checking in early!  Hoping for a run tonight but I never have time while on vacation.

Hope everybody has a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oski and MntBkChk that soulds like a great race for a great cause!

Damaris, hope you can find SOME time to run, at least a short 26.2 mile run at some point Wink

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Ric-G

Kay - TGI (almost) F

Scotty - nice weather and lucky doggies

Amik - hope that ITB heals up

Dave - hope you survive bunko in a bunker somewhere

basya - keep feeling awesome

LRB - dogs...made me smile as we all have stories

D - enjoy the vacat and run if necessary

older son told me it was pie day...i said what?...he then explained it was pi day....duh

9 miles this AM @7:40 plus 2 more easy.

marathon pr - 3:16

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was going to run an easy 5 tonight, but I am not feeling too great at all. My 7 mile run last night was almost more than I could take, I could hardly catch my breath and it was just awful. Hopefully taking it easy today and I might be able to run an easy 4 tomorrow, though I have my Run of Luck 7k Saturday and then I hope to run 6 miles on the trails.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

We have a 10k around here that attracts 50,000-60,000 participants. I remember one year I finished before mug friends even crossed the start line.

i have 4 planned for tonight.

@runjerseygirl

11 miles in 32 minutes in spin class.   Rolling hills aren't as pleasant as they sound.  Favorite song of the class: Teenage Wasteland.

Do you even run?

DCDan78

Hey Dailies --

Lunch break from my conference here.  I got in 4.25 miles yesterday before things kicked off.  When my alarm came on this morning for a pre-breakfast run I just... just couldn't do it.  I'm hoping I can get in about 3.5 miles this evening after the last session and before dinner but I may just turn this into a URD.  This week is a cut-back week for me anyway.

Oh, and the joys of early morning packing yesterday - a bunch of shirts and one pair of shorts for 3 scheduled runs.  Great...