Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES (or, Happy Friday Eve!) (Read 64 times)

Docket_Rocket

Well, that is a given, no?  I just want to run something before Sunday.  Otherwise, I'll PR!Joking

Oski and MntBkChk that soulds like a great race for a great cause!

Damaris, hope you can find SOME time to run, at least a short 26.2 mile run at some point Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rick, I’m glad that you’re OK.

MarjorieAnn3137, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

outoftheblue, great 6.3.

Damaris, I hope that you’re having fun.

Ric-G, amazing nine-miler.

FreeSoul87, feel well soon.

B-Plus, have an amazing four-miler tonight.

Kay, I’m glad that you fit the spin class into your day.

DCDan78, I hope that you manage to run the 3.5 tonight.

I just have ab work left to do today. That takes all of about twelve minutes. I’m saving that for before dinner tonight.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi guys!

DaveP, I played Bunco once and had a blast. My stick roller is actually a prize from Bunco... I lost the most number of games. Big grin One of my running group girlfriends held a Bunco party at her house last year. It was SO MUCH FUN.

Great runs and crosstraining and resting, everybody. It's cold and VERY windy here today so I decided to (once again) postpone my medium-long run. I made myself literally run an errand - I had to get a prescription from CVS so I got 2.5 miles in. I might go out for more later if the wind calms down. One gust actually almost pushed me backward. Ugh.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Blew off my run yesterday, was pretty busy and figured I'm tapering anyway, right?  I should probably get some easy miles in this evening, don't want my legs to get lazy. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good afternoon Dailies!

I signed up for my first HM yesterday, the Savannah RnR on November 9.  Today, I started my HM training by taking a rest day.  One hell of a way go get it started Big grin.  It's going to be a long 8 months waiting for this.

Y'all come see us.

Running for TJ because he can't.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I signed up for my first HM yesterday, the Savannah RnR on November 9.  Today, I started my HM training by taking a rest day.  One hell of a way go get it started Big grin.  It's going to be a long 8 months waiting for this.

Woo! It will fly by. Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Robert- yay for registering for the half!

Got the run done. 2.5 cold, windy miles but it was a nice, sunny day otherwise. Got down to the jogging path by the water and the wind was really intense down there, and for the first time in a very long time I actually felt a little under dressed (my tendency has been to overdress in the cold if anything), so I did only a half mile down there and headed up into the park and was fine. When I was on the path near the water, JUST as I was thinking "man I wish I had put on my neck gaiter and maybe one more layer" a guy sprinted by me in shorts. Sooo maybe I was just being a baby haha.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

10 miles done in 1:36 - included 8x1:00 at 10k pace + 3x1:00 at 5k-3k pace, with 4:00 recoveries, just to keep from being too bored on the TM. Then increased the amount of weight I use in the strength training class. And now my body says it is DONE for the day.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This just in:

Dogs, whether large or small, charging at me from out of the blue while barking at the top of their lungs, scare the living shit out of me.

That is all.

I don't mind the dogs, I usually have dog biscuits to divert them.  However, those darn vultures in the park....one was following me for a while yesterday on the trails...I passed him by while he (she?) was in a tree,  then it flew by me....then I went around a bend and it was in a tree ahead of me waiting.....Shocked ....I told myself "just keep moving, just keep moving, and for gawd's sake, DON'T hit a root on the trail and fall down!"  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

BruceD555

I don't mind the dogs, I usually have dog biscuits to divert them.  However, those darn vultures in the park....one was following me for a while yesterday on the trails...I passed him by while he (she?) was in a tree,  then it flew by me....then I went around a bend and it was in a tree ahead of me waiting.....Shocked ....I told myself "just keep moving, just keep moving, and for gawd's sake, DON'T hit a root on the trail and fall down!"  Joking

I think you only need to worry if they start bringing their friends along while waiting ahead of you. Wink

Done with second recovery run for today. Another 4 mindless miles on the TM while watching NCIS ... and yes, Scotty, Ziva was in that episode.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

That's hilarious, and scary!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

scotty you always have the craziest stories. love it!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Very excited for you!

Good afternoon Dailies!

Y'all come see us.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

AprilRunner, what a wonderful way to have worked a run into your day.

Dave, I'm sure that you'll be just fine.

Robert, yay!

kristin10185, brava running. When I have tummy trouble, I always feel colder.

Shari, awesome job increasing the weights for strength training and keeping the TM run (as) interesting (as it could be).

BruceD555, a second run ALREADY?

I'm finally on my way home. I want to so my ab work, eat, and, then, go right to sleep well, so that I can run six miles in the morning.

Luke79

What up guys.  Well, I lost the shirt for today's run, and it may not be back until fall.  It was 77° ffs.  LOVE IT.

4.82 @ 9:07 pace.