Beginners and Beyond

Winter won’t quit Wednesdailies (Read 38 times)

What is with this weather. It’s just depressing now.

6mi 9:11avg. Legs are still a little tired but not overly sore. Looking forward to racing again this Saturday

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I have 6 with 4 X 800m intervals and weights today (maybe).  We have a 2.5 hour break at 930amso I might change and run then.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Good Wednesday morning, my little rays of running sunshine!  Got my daily swim done.  Tempo run tonight.  I'll pick a flat route because I am tired of doing my tempo runs on hills.  School needs to end so I can get back on the track in the afternoon.

I am happy tax season is over and I get my wife back (she's been working 80 hour weeks).  Plus it is nice having the assistance again with nightly chores (dinner, cleaning, dog walks, etc).  I was able to plop down in front of the TV an hour earlier last night. 

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 50 windy miles.  It was in the 50s, so I shall not bitch about the wind.

Have  a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

Sole activity will consist of combing through thousands of unidentified photos.  I found a couple already, which would be less irritating if it didn't take 15K images to find them.

And getting my ITB Grastoned because it hates me more than words can say.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

10 miles, which did not go all too badly, considering how things have been. Other than the two PM stops. 

Dave

GinnyinPA

What is with this weather. It’s just depressing now.

6mi 9:11avg. Legs are still a little tired but not overly sore. Looking forward to racing again this Saturday

I can still barely walk. I can't imagine trying to race in four days.

KCRuns

I ran to work again today, but only had time for 3 miles.  It's been awhile since I've consistently run in the mornings, so I don't have the routine down pat yet.  I'll get there.

I am planning to also run home tonight, however, it may be a freezing mix of rain and sleet in which case I will take the bus.  If it's just fluffy snow, I will run.  We'll see how it looks when it's time to head home.  I'm also debating just going to the gym during lunch for a few more miles and then taking the bus home no matter what.  BUT, that will depend entirely on how productive I am at work this morning.  As i was typing this, my assistant just handed me a stack of more stuff to do, so it's not looking good.  Sigh.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I only managed three yesterday, but after a full nine hours of uninterrupted sleep, I'm feeling better today and am hoping I'll be fine for 7 by this evening, when I run to where my son is running in the YMCA track program.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Hey, my Boston hotel problem is solved - the Four Seasons now shows availability, at only $1,140 per night.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Hey, my Boston hotel problem is solved - the Four Seasons now shows availability, at only $1,140 per night.

Score!!

I'm wondering if I should even bother... I may not make the cutoff.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

With such an awesome price, you shouldn't hesitate!

I was not able to run during the break as I had like 30 emails and calls to return.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

7.2 miles with 15 x 1 min on/off. Paces were supposed to be 10 at 10K, and 5 at 5K but I feel like my watch takes the majority of the 1 min interval to settle on the current pace so that I'm pushing harder than I should be (while my watch catches up). First 10 ranged from 7:56-8:55 and final 5 were 7:47-8:19. Legs felt tired this morning. I'm down 6 lbs (!) so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Ha!  At that price you could request the concierge to hold the umbrella over your head... for all 26.2 miles.  But give em a nice tip.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

onemile

Score!!

I'm wondering if I should even bother... I may not make the cutoff.

I can't imagine a -4:30 won't be good enough