Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES - You Say YOLO? (Read 274 times)

LRB

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREADCool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

@runjerseygirl

Do you even run?

LRB

Forever Alone?  SOLO

Condom broke ?  OHNO

Marco?  POLO

Thor is kinda hot?  HOMO

Can't find a job?  HOBO

Toy on a string?  YOYO
        Ruined the Beatles?  YOKO

Wake me up, before you?  GOGO

Consuela?  NONO

Santa?  HOHO

Why?  UNO

With or without you?  BONO

@runjerseygirl

Forever Alone?  SOLO

Condom broke ?  OHNO

Marco?  POLO

Thor is kinda hot?  HOMO

Can't find a job?  HOBO

Toy on a string?  YOYO
          Ruined the Beatles?  YOKO

Wake me up, before you?  GOGO

Consuela?  NONO

Santa?  HOHO

Why?  UNO

With or without you?  BONO

Okay, that was really funny!

I need coffee.

Spin class today.  Or URD was recommended.  Perhaps I should listen to the voice of reason.  Hmm...  Depends on how my legs feel around lunch time.

Do you even run?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

This is way too intense for this early in the morning. Especially when I'm feeling just SO-SO. Smile

Morning, LRB & Kay! Morning, Dailies!

Coffee's ready and I'm already well into cup #1. Probably be back in bed by 10 for my nap. Starting night shifts tonight. Arrgggghhhh.....

Looking at 4-5 easy miles today, to make up for yesterday's lack of running.

I didn't dare leave the house yesterday with FedEx on its way. Which makes me wonder, why can't they narrow down their delivery time to something a little smaller than just a date. I mean, my driver works 8-10 hours a day and I have to sit around the whole day waiting for him. Why not at least estimate whether the package will arrive in the morning or afternoon, maybe give the customer a 2 hour window so that we can live our lives without having to waste an entire day waiting on the delivery person. It isn't just FedEx - UPS, USPS, none of them want to give a delivery time window.

Rant over - more coffee! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

runmomto3boys

LRB: Good morning!

Kay: Enjoy the spin class if that is what you decide to do.

Tom: I hope the 4-5 go well today.  I'm sorry about the frustrating wait yesterday, but at least you have your new computer in hand!

8 recovery paced miles for me tonight.

delicate flower

Why good morning THURSDAY!  Cool

I need to stop eating like I am running eight miles a day.  My body is definitely all out of whack.  I'm still eating like a runner, but when you're not burning a thousand calories a day running, those excess calories pile up fast.  My fat crippled ass has gained a few pounds this week.

I've got a bachelor weekend coming up...DW is going to Florida to visit her grandmother.  I'll have to work, but hopefully that won't kill my whole weekend.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

LTB that is hilarious.

I need coffee too....Keurig is brewing me my cup right now!!!

I just got back from an hour in the gym. Elliptical for a half hour.... Kept the incline at 1 but upped the resistance today to actually get a good cardio. My knee didn't bother me after the no resistance no incline easy elliptical workout Tuesday so I decided I was ok to make it a little harder. Then I did Legs and abs, and stretched.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

flarunner

Mornin' All!

Well, once again Damaris is correct: Summer is here. 70* and 93% humidity again at 4:30 this morning.

Did a tempo/fartlek/progression run of 5 miles this morning. A slow/fast/slow/fast/slow thing where the fasts were the same pace (tempo) and the slows got a little faster (progression). I'm beat.

Have some good coffee today folks and some good workouts!

MTA: Heidi-ho, good to see some longer miles. Hope you're still stretching a bunch.

StepbyStep-SH

Good to have a smile this morning! And I just might make coffee, after drinking nothing but hot tea for the last 10 days.

The good news is that my congestion is mostly gone this morning - I can actually breathe through my nose! The bad news is that there is some irritation in my throat and top of my lungs that keeps making me cough.

If the cough calms down, I will try a short, easy run inside, plus a strength training class. I'm also meeting today with the friend who is going to Fargo with me, so that we can compare training plans. She does more cross-training than I do (she is a triathlete), so our plans are a lot different, but hopefully we can get together to run some of our MP long runs since we are hoping to run the race together.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners! I have been extremely busy the last couple months with non-running stuff. My DS is applying to 6 colleges. Between college visits, applications, and essays there is barely time for anything else. I have managed to maintain a light running schedule nonetheless. January 15th, I  start my HM training plan. By then, most of the college stuff should be done. We have one more visit and one application to complete.

Last week, I had a complete physical done. The Doc said my blood work and urine test results came back stellar! I am at the lowest possible risk for heart disease! He asked me how I dropped the weight and have been able to keep it off for almost 3 years now. What is your secret? he asked. Ironically enough, here is a Doctor asking me my secret to weight loss!

Take good care. Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

Nevrgivup

Good morning. I'm sipping coffee now and than I'm going to decide if I run now or later. Its going to be warmer today in the 40's. I had the BEST time swimming the other night and I can't wait to go back next Tuesday. Signing up for lessons is going to be a very good investment, even if I have to repeat them more than once to feel comfortable in the pool. I'm hoping to run about 4 miles today. UGH. Enjoying my last few days of freedom and than its crunch time with the spring semester. Surprised

Hope everyone has a great day!

Shari- I'm glad your somewhat feeling better.

Phil- Enjoy the stuff you don't get to do when you are running. I hope this passes quickly and your back out there soon.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! My coffee hasn't kicked in yet so I'm not as chipper as the rest of you.

Did some hip yoga this morning I REALLY need to get back into it - at least once a week. I'm going to the gym on my lunch break for the arc trainer and Myrtl.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The rain has stopped.  We ended up getting 5.3 inches of rain over 2 days. Today will be very nice, a mix of sun-and-clouds and a high of 68 degrees. Very nice for my run on the San Antonio Riverwalk after work.  Yesterday after work I did a weight training circuit at the university gym.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Shakedown Street

6 easy, swim some

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)