Beginners and Beyond

Runner humor and a reality check... (Read 135 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

If you have five minutes to spare, watch this. I found it hilarious because it sounds just like DW and me (minus the monotone voices). How many of you have had this or a similar conversation with your significant other?

Zelanie

Too funny!  I must go now.  And run.  I have a race to prepare for.

Someone posted this a while back. Yes most of it is scary accurate. I clicked on it just to make sure it was what I thought it was, and the first line is "What time is it? It is 5AM", which is exactly when my alarm has been going off for weekday morning treadmill sessions throughout the winter. And drives DW crazy because of course it wakes her up too.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

So true lol  Except that I don't stretch, so I get out the door by 5:30. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

So accurate it's scary.  I set my alarm for 5:30 to run last Saturday.  DW said that's early to go running, but I said I was running at 7:00 and needed time to get ready.  lol

<3

Just watched the whole thing again. Hilarious. And that is definitely my DW calling me a fucking idiot. But I have generally just stopped telling her about any injuries, unless completely debilitating, to avoid that discussion.

And I do not stretch or eat/drink before going out, so 5:00 wakeup = 5:20 running. But the other part of the routine, yeah.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I cannot watch it from this computer.  Is it the "I'm a Marathoner" one?  Those are fucking hilarious.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sorry, can't relate. I have no SO and run in the afternoon anyway. Who gets up at 5 AM to run anyway?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Who gets up at 5 AM to run anyway?

According to my wife, a fucking idiot does.

Dave

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Dude, I'm LMAO here on the couch at 6am!  I'm gonna wake somebody up for sure!

I love the whole thing!!

"I must go to the toilet 3 times"

"Does this help?"

"Yes.  If I do not go, toilets are far and few in between."

"I had plantar fasciitis."

"Did it get better?"

"No"

"Did you stop running?"

"No"

"It caused me to run awkwardly and tear muscles in my back so that I could not stand up straight"

"You are an idiot!"

ROTFLMAOPMP!!!!!

Randy

happylily

I recognize many of you idiots, but it's got nothing to do with me. 

This is my SO and me:

SO: It's 10 pm. How about we go to bed and have sex tonight?

ME: Are you crazy? Do you know how many miles I ran tonight? I'm friggin' exhausted and my whole body hurts. Maybe tomorrow night...

Next day:

SO: It's 10 pm. How about we go to bed and have sex tonight?

ME: I skipped my run earlier because I'm exhausted. I'm lazy and disgusting. I feel fat and ugly. Leave me alone.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry, can't relate. I have no SO and run in the afternoon anyway. Who gets up at 5 AM to run anyway?

Ahem, it's already 85-90F sometimes here at 5am so yes, some of us have to do LRs at 5am. But other than the LR, I don't see why someone should wake up 4 hours after going to bed!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

According to my wife, a fucking idiot does.

She must have watched the video....

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I watched this with DW and she said "Deja vu." She has called me a moron on more than one occasion.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I can't watch the video right now, but I am definitely going to. 5AM is when I wake up if I have any runs over 10+ miles. It has been often lately with marathon training in full effect. DW has been getting more disgruntled recently because the training is getting a little long in the tooth. Fortunately I start running fewer miles next week, all the way up until the marathon. She's definitely going to watch it with me.

- Andrew