Beginners and Beyond

Lovely Morning ThursDailies (Read 22 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

It was a lovely 55º this morning; I even wished for gloves for the first mile.  My workout was 1½ warmup, 3 at HMP, and 1½ cool down.  My RP is nursing a sore knee, so I ran alone.  I'm afraid I let the cool weather get the best of me and overran my target pace by about 4 seconds/mile.  Yes, it was nice to run fast, but that wasn't the purpose of the workout.  Better too fast than too slow, I guess, but I need to work on pace discipline a bit.  Oh, who am I kidding - it was a great morning for running and I just went out and had fun!

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 8 with 3 X 1 @ HMP. I thought I had Pilates too and made my husband helped me remove the Tower mat from the reformer this morning, but that's tomorrow. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lovely here too, 52. Just 5 miles.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 with strides. Beautiful here too.

onemile

It was a lovely 55º this morning; I even wished for gloves for the first mile.  My workout was 1½ warmup, 3 at HMP, and 1½ cool down.  My RP is nursing a sore knee, so I ran alone.  I'm afraid I let the cool weather get the best of me and overran my target pace by about 4 seconds/mile.  Yes, it was nice to run fast, but that wasn't the purpose of the workout.  Better too fast than too slow, I guess, but I need to work on pace discipline a bit.  Oh, who am I kidding - it was a great morning for running and I just went out and had fun!

4 seconds per mile is NOTHING. you probably worked harder to run a slower pace the other week when it was warmer.

onemile

It's gonna be 90 here today and I have 2 back to back zoom interviews this afternoon (for the same job, which will be interviews #3 and 4 for this position) 

It's gonna be 90 here today and I have 2 back to back zoom interviews this afternoon (for the same job, which will be interviews #3 and 4 for this position) 

With a different company?

Dave

onemile

With a different company?

Yes

And of course, after making sure I get back in time for my 7:00 meeting, it gets cancelled at 6:57. This seems to happen about 25% of the time.

Dave

Yes

I don’t remember you talking about it. (What? Not sharing your entire personal life in the forum??) Have you been wanting to get out for a long time, or did an opportunity just come up? Is it something you’re super-excited about?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

And of course, after making sure I get back in time for my 7:00 meeting, it gets cancelled at 6:57. This seems to happen about 25% of the time.

At least you are still home rather than going to the office all the way to have it canceled.  But ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Ran 8 x (3min/2min) going up the mountain. 10 miles.

Cyberic

I don’t remember you talking about it. (What? Not sharing your entire personal life in the forum??) Have you been wanting to get out for a long time, or did an opportunity just come up? Is it something you’re super-excited about?

+1

onemile

yeah I hadn't mentioned it yet here. I had been casually looking at some of the big name companies in the area but this has all happened *very* fast - I only applied for it last week Tuesday (kinda on a whim without putting much thought into it) and they contacted me within 2 hours and I have already had a phone screening last week and the initial zoom interview with the hiring manager on Monday.  And then they wanted to immediately setup the next rounds.  I wasn't really sure re: the job function - honestly it was even hard to even interpret the job description (talk about a buzz word word salad) and I am probably a good bit under-qualified.  But I am getting more interested/excited about it having learned more about what the job actually is about and they seem to like me.

I don't really have a problem with my current job so much as that the responsibilities have increased a lot from when I first started the job and the structure of the department has changed so in that I am performing the same job function as others in my group who I know are paid significantly more than I am.

At least you are still home rather than going to the office all the way to have it canceled. 

Truth. Not too much of a complaint. I was instead able to eat my oatmeal at the kitchen table instead of in my office.

Dave