Beginners and Beyond

My Races for Jenny: The RRs I Could Not Post Until Today (Read 198 times)

Jen16226

This is just such a wonderful thing you have all done!

What wonderful people you all are.

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

hog4life

This has been great! Thanks D for sharing.

Mmmmm...beer

Great RR and pics Damaris!

I mentioned in my 20k RR that I had to dig deep a few times to stay on pace and hit my goal, what I couldn't mention at the time that it was looking at my bracelet and thinking of Jenny that helped push me through.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Dr. Cornsitter

I'd like a bracelet, too, if you have more available.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Docket_Rocket

Phillie, BeachRunner, I'm sending you guys a PM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Happy to be running

What a nice thing to do! Is Jenny OK? I didn't kow anything about this since I am not in the group but I would be happy to run for Jenny!

New runner base building for my first marathon 

I have run 2 half marathons 1:52:42 & 1:58:00

Docket_Rocket

She is OK (just going through a tough time but she is much better now).  I'm sure she will appreciate the runs for her.  If you're in FB send me a PM.  I can try sending you the link to the group.

What a nice thing to do! Is Jenny OK? I didn't kow anything about this since I am not in the group but I would be happy to run for Jenny!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Happy to be running

She is OK (just going through a tough time but she is much better now).  I'm sure she will appreciate the runs for her.  If you're in FB send me a PM.  I can try sending you the link to the group.

Thanks! All I need now is to learn to send a PM! LOL shouldn't be that hard...

New runner base building for my first marathon 

I have run 2 half marathons 1:52:42 & 1:58:00

Bob.

Eat my shorts, Eddie.

D: You are awesome. Thanks for spreading the word! 

Great job running, too.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nicely done, Damaris!   Where's that darn applause emotion, we need one here, so I can put about a hundred of them on here for you!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

That was amazing, really special.

Good stuff D.

Coastal

Echoing Scotty - - nicely done!

MrNamtor

Don't know all the details of this situation but whoever this was for sounds like a very fortunate person to have such friends.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

D, thanks for posting this. Quit a few of us were involved to some extent, but Bob! and Katrina really got, and kept things rolling.

If any of y'all get a chance to visit the facebook page, go through the picture gallery. There's more orange there than a Tennessee Volunteers football game (Jen's favorite color)! It's awesome what people can do if they set aside their differences and push for a common goal.

There's a high liklihood that this will grow into a larger charity entity, but it's too soon to know what it will be like as it matures.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54