Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies off from everything! (Read 35 times)

delicate flower

Hello and Friday!  Today brings a couple of 2019 firsts for me, which are a day off from work, and an SRD.  I'm heading to Boston aka The Sunshine State to hit the race expo and pick up my crap.  No promises that I'll leave anything for DaveP.  And I am wearing The Jacket.

WHAT YA GOT.

<3

Cyberic

My day is not on par with people traveling to Boston, so I'll just shut up.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 21 miles on a windy morning with scattered showers.  It was 67F. So not chilly at all.  The weekend is looking like thunderstorms and high winds, but none of that silly cold weather.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  It's my off Friday and I have to take two kitties to the vet for their checkups which is going to ruin my morning, ha.  Then Pilates and 11.

Damaris

onemile

My day is not on par with people traveling to Boston, so I'll just shut up.

+1 

My day is not on par with people traveling to Boston

+2.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh, yesterday evening I cut and cleared some trees and limbs so I am sore and tired. Last night was full of exhausting emotional stress and drama from my dad's side of the family (or at least they're trying to start some shit). So my sleep was shit, and I woke up feeling like shit so I didn't do anything. Depending on the weather this afternoon I may take Dorian for an easy 3 miler, even after 7.3 miles yesterday and then the removing trees and dragging them 50 feet to a wood burning pile, I don't feel sore in my legs so that is a good sign.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hello and Friday!  Today brings a couple of 2019 firsts for me, which are a day off from work, and an SRD.  I'm heading to Boston aka The Sunshine State to hit the race expo and pick up my crap.  No promises that I'll leave anything for DaveP.  And I am wearing The Jacket.

WHAT YA GOT.

Damn right you are.

I don’t hit the expo till Sunday, so I’m sure it’ll be all picked over & nothing left to buy. Ha ha. Anyway I never buy anything at expos, I doubt that’ll change in Boston. I am spending enough fucking money on this thing.

5 miles in a drizzle. Hamstring pain is back. Yesterday, groin/adductor pain was back. I’m just going to assume it’s some kind of tapery thing. Tomorrow’s prediction: knee pain

Dave

onemile

Damn right you are.

I don’t hit the expo till Sunday, so I’m sure it’ll be all picked over & nothing left to buy. Ha ha. Anyway I never buy anything at expos, I doubt that’ll change in Boston. I am spending enough fucking money on this thing.

5 miles in a drizzle. Hamstring pain is back. Yesterday, groin/adductor pain was back. I’m just going to assume it’s some kind of tapery thing. Tomorrow’s prediction: knee pain

a pint glass or coffee mug is kind of nice to have

a pint glass or coffee mug is kind of nice to have

Oh man, now you've got me thinking....

BTW, important BAA email this morning informing us that the weather is going to suck.

Dave

GinnyinPA

Last year at the Boston expo there were people with a massage device that looked like a large car buffer. One guy went over my hamstrings and quads for about 10 minutes and all the residual pain went away. If you see them there, it's worth a few minutes.

LRB

I ran 7.4.

I'm volunteering at the Martian Marathon tomorrow. I would actually do more of it but it screws with my running time, as it will tomorrow. So I'll either go out for my run before 7:00 am or do it after 1:00, neither of which is appealing in the least. Blah.

I ran 7.4.

I'm volunteering at the Martian Marathon tomorrow. I would actually do more of it but it screws with my running time, as it will tomorrow. So I'll either go out for my run before 7:00 am or do it after 1:00, neither of which is appealing in the least. Blah.

Ha, I almost put on my Martian 2014 shirt this morning to run in, I haven't worn it in forever. Instead I went even further back and put on my Ann Arbor 2013 shirt.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Senior kitties vet visit done. She said they don’t look 12. Probably cause they whine like little babies. 🤷‍♀️

Damaris

sdWhiskers

6 miles with 4 at MP-10s. I felt like running faster.

Currently wondering if it's possible to improve by 30s/mile for CIM from last year to this year. My focus for spring/summer will be to increase mileage and be consistent about it.