Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies are for jogging (Read 38 times)

delicate flower

It is 7:30 already how about you wake up!  I've got a 13.1 mile race to go jog in a bit.  Really though the post-race feast is the real story though.  A full spread hosted by the high school's culinary students, including brownies the size of a shoe.  I will, indeed, ESU.

I slept north of 10 hours last night.  Much needed.

Speak up!

<3

Walk-Jogger

Good luck at your 13.1 mile jog-athon, Baboon! I may go do something similar, if the rain looks like it might stop.

Retired &  Loving It

Cyberic

Good luck Baboon!

I'll head out for cold miles on unknown sidewalk conditions as I haven't been here in the past days to know what's been going on. The shoe choice is gonna be difficult (screws or no screws).

LRB

'Sup boyz.

Like E, I do not know what awaits me on the sidewalks, I will not mot be using screws though. If I run east and north, most of that area is usually shoveled, so that's the plan.

LRB

Good luck Baboon!

And to PleasantRidge; who will pop his marathon cherry today. Cool

delicate flower

And to PleasantRidge; who will pop his marathon cherry today. Cool

Gooooo PleasantRidge!  26.2 is a low volume day for him. Piece of cake.

<3

LRB

26.2 is a low volume day for him. Piece of cake.

Hmm, I didn't think about that. You speaketh wisdometh.

Gooooo PleasantRidge!  26.2 is a low volume day for him. Piece of cake.

Yes. Recovery day. Good luck PR!

Run a bit later. But before that, ESU. Wait - am I supposed to do that after? I get mixed up. Better do both, to be safe.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Apparently Dorian still has some little bug, and dairy products aren't agreeing with it, he puked this morning.... I wasn't able to run the race this morning and I have yet to get in a run.... thankfully it is going to be a really nice day today so I'll take Dorian for an easy 5 mile run in a bit, then hopefully, just hopefully this evening I can take the dogs for a 6-7... maybe an 8 mile run on the trails.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I ran 6. In wind so strong that had I taken an umbrella, I would be in Georgia right now!

No more marathons

It's beautiful here today, but I just got back from breakfast - so if I run today it won't be until later.  Plan on 8 or so either today or tomorrow.  Might even through in a few 200's on the track just for funsies.

Go Babs in the half.

And freesoul hope you get those miles - we could use them this week.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

From the Internet.

I got a fantastic night of sleep, got up early to stop by work, and ran 8 with my club. Took a bit of a different route today that had us going uphill for almost a full mile in the second half of the run - all the hills lately are doing good things for me because it was only a little hard instead of completely miserable!

Hope PR and Boon have (or had, at this point for Boon?) good races!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  RD for me. At the WW2 museum and this might take all day.

Good luck, Pleasant Ridge and Baboon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

Good luck, Pleasant Ridge and Baboon.

Last night I had chills all night and couldn't get warm. No fever though. This morning I slept until 11:30 (wtf?) and woke up feeling exhausted and run down with body aches. No other symptoms though. Weird.

Depending on on how all of that shakes out, I'll run either 4 or 8 later.

delicate flower

1:34:48.  Nailed it.  Hill after hill after hill.  5 minutes better than last year.  13/51 AG, 59/529 OA.  Fast field.  Really happy with my race today.

<3