Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES don't rock, we roll (Read 42 times)

LRB

Roll over that is! I woke up to do a core workout this morning but went back to sleep instead. lol

I have PT this afternoon. What it do?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I got an unexpected day off from work today as my dang 'check engine' light burned steady on my vehicle's instrument panel, so had to drop it off at my mechanic's yesterday evening.  Well, it was due for an oil change and routine maintenance anyway, so it's all good...my 2005 Escape has about 186,000 miles on it right so all in all it's still doing pretty well.  Aside from that little glitch, yesterday went pretty well.  Beautiful day, lots of sunshine, 76 degrees, and I got in a really great 4.2 miles of hill work done - 5 hills along the route - and felt strong the whole way, sweet.

Today I will work from home for a while and then get in a late morning run...and then some more work from home. And hopefully will get my vehicle back without too much of a cost.  This one is all paid for so my plan is to drive my 'buddy' until it just refuses to go anymore.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I had a nice run in the fog this morning.  My legs had a little more life than they did the last couple of days.

LRB, may the PT be helpful.  Hopefully it won't be long before you can roll over and blow off a run.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

We roll...out of bed...and have a crappy run.  I think I left my legs in bed this morning.  5 miles at 8:25 pace.  The pace doesn't really matter; what matters is that my legs felt like they had sandbags strapped to them.  But it's done.  Swim lesson tonight.

And good morning to all you fine folks!  Huh...a decent Thursday night NFL game for a change tonight (Vikings/Cardinals).

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Working from home so I went out early for a run.  8 with 4 @ MP and they were really nice.  I am still congested and still coughing up a lot, which is why I didn't run 10 with 6 at MP but for the first week after a horrid cold/flu, I think that was a very nice workout.  Outside!

More miles with hubby later.

And my computer got locked again!  FFS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was only able to fit in 4.3 miles last night with Dorian so I moved my 10 miler to this morning.

Even with a tag along around mile 6 I was able to get in 10.1 miles for the morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

2015 is almost over, and one of the 2 months of food celebration is over.

And I can still proudly boast my stomach 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Mmmmm...beer

I should have rolled, instead I just went down hard on my hands, ouch!  Tripped over a small piece of metal that was hiding in a tuft of grass on the sidewalk, I'm guessing it used to be a sign and they just cut the pole off.  Cut up my hands pretty good, but that's about it, no biggie, the skin will grow back. Smile  Still got in a good 8 miles (fell at around mile 3).

Looking good Andrea! I'm going to try to focus over the winter on core work and trimming some fat.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

StepbyStep-SH

Ouch, D2!

Strength training class at lunch time.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

cjones1

Yo, I skipped my morning run yesterday (which is getting to be a Wednesday habit), but I was able to sneak in a nice 8 mile progression run last night after work, which is unheard of for me.  That allowed me to sleep in this morning, and my body said thank you.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

bluerun

Super B****

6.35 miles -- and I ran more than half of them.  On freaked out feet. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Zelanie

Yikes, D2!

Nice, bluerun!

My track workout last night was awesome.  I don't even know what happened.  It was a very easy workout that doesn't make any sense, but who cares about all of that.  I got to the last 200m of the 800, and my legs were taken over by some fast runner and I just took off.  The rest of the workout was all short stuff, and I flew!  I hope that mystery fast runner comes back again!

8 in the rain.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I should have rolled, instead I just went down hard on my hands, ouch!  Tripped over a small piece of metal that was hiding in a tuft of grass on the sidewalk, I'm guessing it used to be a sign and they just cut the pole off.  Cut up my hands pretty good, but that's about it, no biggie, the skin will grow back. Smile  Still got in a good 8 miles (fell at around mile 3).

Looking good Andrea! I'm going to try to focus over the winter on core work and trimming some fat.

Ouch D2, that sucks.

Thanks Smile I was pretty surprised to see that in the mirror lol.

PRs

bluerun

Super B****

For some reason I was terrified of falling this morning (knock on wood, it's only happened once in my years of running) -- thanks for taking one for the team. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog