Beginners and Beyond

Phone-free Friday Penguins!! (Read 9 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Because I left my phone in the backseat of my director's new car last night.  We waited until we thought she would've dropped Zoe off, because then they wouldn't be gabbing and she'd have a chance to hear it.  Then we called my phone.  And sure enough, about 15 minutes later, my director called and said she was holding it for ransom.  Not that she had any specific demands, but anyway.  Luckily she's the lead in my new quartet, and we have rehearsal tonight, so I'll pick it up then.  It's gonna be a weird day without it, though!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

LRB

Because I left my phone in the backseat of my director's new car last night.  We waited until we thought she would've dropped Zoe off, because then they wouldn't be gabbing and she'd have a chance to hear it.  Then we called my phone.  And sure enough, about 15 minutes later, my director called and said she was holding it for ransom.  Not that she had any specific demands, but anyway.  Luckily she's the lead in my new quartet, and we have rehearsal tonight, so I'll pick it up then.  It's gonna be a weird day without it, though!

For sure. I flip out the most when I can't find it or don't remember where I put it. Knowing it's safe at least makes it tolerable. Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, I was worried I'd left it in our rehearsal space.  But DH called it, and my director heard that weird music coming from her backseat.  I miss my phone, though!!  How am I going to get through the day without Candy Crush?  And you have to play every day to get those nifty prizes!!!  Am I going to have to start over on day 1???!!!! 

Singer who runs a smidge

I was planning to go for a walk, but it's 90 outside, with a feels-like of 110.  So I'm thinking no. 

GinnyinPA

Maybe go after dinner?  My favorite walks are our summer nighttime walks just before bed.  We look at the moon, count the shooting stars, and enjoy the late night breeze. Even when it's still warm and humid, it feels nice. And I can't help but compare it to the same walk in January when it's 10 degrees outside.  We walk a lot more slowly in August than we did in the winter!

As to the phone, I usually leave mine in my purse or running pack for days at a time. By the time I remember it, it's dead.But I'm not a phone person. I just have one in case of emergency when I'm on the road or running.

6.5 miles on the TM. Our feels like was 99 - bad enough when we walked the dog this morning, impossible this afternoon when the sun came out again.