Beginners and Beyond

Miserable Monday Penguins (Read 16 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

At least.. I'm miserable.  I went to a new restaurant for dinner last night.  The food was tasty but then at the end of the meal I started having an allergic reaction.  Luckily we were only about a 3 minute walk from home.. so I used my inhaler, took some antihistamines, and went to bed.  I'm an itchy/blotchy/hive covered mess today.  I'm not really sure what was in the ramen that would cause such a reaction.  I've never had an allergic reaction to food other than pineapple.  Anyway, the weather is beautiful today so I'll do a streak run... but probably nothing more than that because I think that sweating too much will make this itchiness much worse.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

So sorry, Jill.   Feel better soon.

Zel, fun pics from yesterday!

Ginny, welcome back!

RD for me.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I had a nice weekend, with pretty weather, video games, a chorus management team meeting, and a trip to the library!  Then I nearly froze last night with our bedroom windows open and our ceiling fan on ... it was 47 when we got up for PT!  So I suspect there will be a run tonight, as the high is only mid-70's.  Woo-hoo!

sapf -- wow, that does sound miserable!!  Hope things ease off quickly!!

Brilliant -- have a good RD!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

I have 9 tonight after work.  Would like a RD, but need those for later this week.

sapf- Could there have been pineapple in the sauce, maybe?  Hope you feel better!

HsM- Woohoo for a fun weekend and good weather!  Hope the new instrument is working out too!

GinnyinPA

sapf - that sounds miserable.  Maybe pineapple juice was used in the base, or papaya or kiwi which are similar.  I would ask the restaurant.

Brilliant - you earned your rest day.  Are you stiff from the race?

HopesMom - beautiful weather for you.  I hope you get out this evening.

Z - enjoy your nine this evening.  Lots of meetings later this week?

Beautiful day again here, so I'll do six or so after we go to the PO to pick up accumulated mail.

From the Internet.

Track workout with the club! 6.45 miles total. 1x600, 2x500, 3x400, 4x200.

I was completely not warmed up for the 600 so I didn't take note of my time other than hearing that I came through the 400 at 2:15. 500s were at ~8:00 pace, cranked it up for the 400s once I was nice and loose - 1:39, 1:45, 1:45. Felt fantastic. Just focusing on running fast while staying relaxed for the 200s, all were somewhere in the 50-55s range. Happy girl today Big grin I'll probably jump in the pool for some recovery later.

sapf hope you feel better soon! Sad

PADRunner

RD for me today.

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.3 miles for me way early this morning.  57* this morning felt marvelous.

Running for TJ because he can't.

hog4life

My ankle looks terrible this morning! But with all the extensive swelling, it hurts much less than yesterday and I'm able to walk without limping. Still trying to decide if I should go for an xray....

We are heading back home from our long weekend trip, so I'll have some time to decide.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Health club after work and then probably 3 with DW.

Hope the itching goes away, sapf.

Well earned RD, Bri.

Have a good run tonight, HsM and Zel.

Have fun going through the mail, Ginny.

Yay for good day, Lauren.

Have a good RD, PAD.

Glad you had a cool run Robert.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I had a really crappy football weekend, lol.  My university team lost to Kansas State; my Redskins lost to Miami; my Houston Texans lost to Kansas City; and then the Damn Dallas Cowboys pulled out a win in the last seconds of the game.  Stupid Giants!  What the hell was Manning thinking, throwing that 4th down pass?

My running went quite well though!  Nice 4.2 miles on Saturday, followed by a really nice 5K on Sunday [report and photos: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/b74e062dacc240c6b40e7a1adba86e24/resume#focus ] and the Texas weather is starting to cooperate, sweet.

The weekend started off really nice too.  On 9-11-2015 I took Gail to dinner at O'Briens in Bergheim (quite food food too!). It was a surprise for Gail because the local Rick Cavender Band played at the restaurant that night. I had written lyrics for Gail way back when I was in Somalia in 1993. Rick kindly fine-tuned it with music, etc., . He worked it out with me beforehand to surprise Gail Kabrich. On the night of our dinner, Rick introduced the song with the background story of how I had gotten the song started and then played it live that night for the audience. That was really something! I may have given birth to the song, but Rick gave it life. He is a class act and I just cannot thank him and his band members enough for helping me give the love of my life a once-in-a-lifetime gift, a song written especially for her. Rick kindly let us have a photo with him after the performance.

photo Cavender Gail Scott_zpsdaoelwbd.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

At least.. I'm miserable.  I went to a new restaurant for dinner last night.  The food was tasty but then at the end of the meal I started having an allergic reaction.  Luckily we were only about a 3 minute walk from home.. so I used my inhaler, took some antihistamines, and went to bed.  I'm an itchy/blotchy/hive covered mess today.  I'm not really sure what was in the ramen that would cause such a reaction.  I've never had an allergic reaction to food other than pineapple.  Anyway, the weather is beautiful today so I'll do a streak run... but probably nothing more than that because I think that sweating too much will make this itchiness much worse.

So sorry to hear this!  Hope you are feel better really soon!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning, Penguins!!  I had a nice weekend, with pretty weather, video games, a chorus management team meeting, and a trip to the library!  Then I nearly froze last night with our bedroom windows open and our ceiling fan on ... it was 47 when we got up for PT!  So I suspect there will be a run tonight, as the high is only mid-70's.  Woo-hoo!

sapf -- wow, that does sound miserable!!  Hope things ease off quickly!!

Brilliant -- have a good RD!!

Yeah, only low 90s for us here in San Antonio today...that's Fall weather for us, baby! 

Gee, HsM...it might start snowing where you are pretty soon! 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What happened to your ankle, Mitch?  Guess I missed that.  Hope you feel better soon!

Happy RD, PAD and Brilliant.  Supposed to be a rest day for me, but the weather is nice, so I might go for a post-work run and switch my RD to Wednesday when it's supposed to be 95 again.

Good luck with the 9, Zelanie!

Congrats on your track work, Lauren.

57, wow;  that's about winter temps for me Robert, lol.

Happy workout and run, Jerry!