Beginners and Beyond

hog4life's Huntsville Half RR, Redemption From 2 Weeks Ago (Read 73 times)

From the Internet.

Nice job Mitch! Sounds like you ran strong, that's got to be a good confidence boost going into your marathon.

happylily

Oh, Mitch, I'm so happy for you! That's a great finish time and very encouraging as well for what's to come in your marathon training. For your marathon pace, since you have different results in the half distance, I would go with what feels comfortable for you to run in the middle of a LR. That's why you must do a few LRs which include a few GMP miles in them. McMillan is accurate for me, but I know it's not the case for everyone. In any case, you will have a great marathon, I'm sure of this! Great pictures and you have awesome form!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Some pacers start way too fast. Make sure you talk to him/her before the race starts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

TakeAHike

Great job Mitch.  Yes, you started a bit too fast, but you didn't fade too badly later in the race.  I'm impressed that you got the additional miles in after the race.  Well done.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

Pinktastic

Pinktacular race, Mitch!!   Way to show the HM who's in charge!   I'm so glad that this one went significantly better than the one 2 weeks ago!    Great pics!   Thanks for sharing and good luck with the rest of your marathon training!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Big time Congrats! As for your FM: I ran a 1:49, trained my ass off, and ran a 3:59 FM 3.5 months later. Take that for what you will.

- Andrew

Hip Redux

Your mile commentary made me chuckle!   Great job, I can't wait to see what you do in the marathon Smile

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Nicely done! The commentary on your splits is hilarious. Best of luck with your marathon!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good job on the redemption race! For your marathon - if you can dial in and hold a 9:00 pace you will be golden! It looks doable from this half.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Zelanie

Redemption for sure!  Nice job running a super race and getting your training miles in!  I am glad that you have a lighter schedule, and I think that the great base you've built up from years of running before trying your first full will definitely help you get to the start *and* finish strong!

I shouldn't give any advice on marathon pacing, but if it were me, I'd want to start conservatively and hope to improve as I went.  I know you've got the endurance to do just that.

camille2

Very nice job, Mitch!  I'm impressed that you got in the miles after the race. That should give you confidence!

Dad on the run.

Great job on getting that sub 2 hour! Enjoyed the RR! Keep up the good work Mitch.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Great job Mitch!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Looking good for first FM, Mitch.