Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday? (Read 41 times)

bluerun

Super B****

It is Tuesday, right??... I think I’m going with zero.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning Tuesday!

I rode 16 nasty miles.  Mid 40s, rain, fog, and wind are suck cycling conditions.  However, morning temps for the rest of the week are looking like 20s-30s, so I'll be jogging the next several days.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Good morning, my beautiful friends!  Swim before work.  The pool was packed.  Multiple people in just about every lane.  What's up with that?  We are going to get clobbered with snow tomorrow.  So, I'll be bumping tomorrow's tempo run up to today.  It'll probably be the last day the track or rail trail will be clear for at least a couple of weeks.  I have gotten to do a lot more winter track running than I expected thanks to the fast melting that has happened after every snow storm.  Ok then.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates and 8 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

1-2-3-2-1-2-3-2-1 minutes Hard with equal recovery jog. 11 miles.

onemile

Hudson workout!

Cyberic

Hudson workout!

To me it's the Jenny workout.

onemile

To me it's the Jenny workout.

Another variation is to do it with moderate recoveries (which is like MP+15 sec)

Cyberic

Another variation is to do it with moderate recoveries (which is like MP+15 sec)

Ouch! That must be brutal.

onemile

Ouch! That must be brutal.

Well, you can't run the "on" parts as fast and it becomes more of a tempo workout

RunningOnSand

Hey there, good friends of the online running community!

It's still snowing here. I think we got maybe like 6", but the roads are icy underneath the snow, so any miles will be inside on the TM again. Coach didn't put today as a SRD, and he does have my injury prevention exercises on there--so maybe it's up to me whether I want to run or not. I might sneak in a few miles!

Cyberic

Well, you can't run the "on" parts as fast and it becomes more of a tempo workout

Yeah, I get it. I figure it would still be very tiring. Maybe I'll try that sometime, but it doesn't appeal to me as much.

onemile

Yeah, I get it. I figure it would still be very tiring. Maybe I'll try that sometime, but it doesn't appeal to me as much.

Me either. I hate it when I get workouts with 'moderate pace' recoveries. I prefer the hammer it and then slow jog

zzyzx

Lat pulldown, pec fly, standing calf, 3/4 stair challenge today.

I have a few more thoughts about Sunday's race. I noticed this morning that the spot where I wanted to give up on the first long hill was pretty much the same place I had that feeling last year. I think it's because on the second hill, there are numbered cross streets so I can count the blocks left, whereas this one just goes and goes until it stops. Also knowing it's the first of two hills (or perhaps the second of three as there's one before it that's shorter but steep) and I'm barely halfway down, is pretty morale sapping.

The other thing is that I realized that the 8:30 pacers that I was counting on using were going much too fast. My chip had me at 8:24 or so for the first 5k and the pacers were well ahead of me by then. Their GPS must have been off.

sdWhiskers

Great minds think alike!

I did 7 miles total with 4-3-2-1-3-2-1-2-1 minutes at 10K to 5K for the shorter ones, 1 minute recovery jog. I always enjoy going by time and not distance for the faster paced stuff. Plus I find for this type of workout that my recovery jog ends up on the faster end of easy since the intervals aren't killing me. So more like the tempo run, like Onemile mentioned.