Beginners and Beyond

Parkland 5 Mile Holiday Run RR (Read 309 times)

Pinktastic

What a great race, Damaris!   Thanks for sharing all the details!   Enjoy your fabulous new PR!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Congratulations on the PR!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

So glad to finally see an upbeat race report from you!  That's a great effort considering the recent marathons and elevated training mileage.  Hopefully this is a prelude to a great racing year for you next year.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Mmmmm...beer

Great job Damaris!  That's awesome to PR without any meds (or issues!). 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kettledrum

Awesome news, another PR and no attack Smile

SheCan

Wow, DR!  That's really good!   Congratulations on the PR and it's especially great that you did this with no preparation and no meds!    Its so nice to have these successful races. 

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Thank you, guys!  I am very happy about the result.  Thanks for reading.

Sorry I had not responded until now.  I spent many hours today looking for one of my kitties, who escaped this morning.  She is still MIA but we'll find her.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ms Chenandler Bong

I'm impressed!!  Great job and I'm so happy that you didn't need your inhaler.  Very cool!  Hope the Pitbull helped you!!

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I know the time in between is not as "blink of an eye" as it seems for the rest of us, but this RR reads like you progressed from 2 years ago when you were tearin it up until this very day without missing a beat.  Nice job!  42 is no joke with or without asthma!

Also, I helped a girl find her kitty once.  That was 17 anniversaries & 2 kids ago.

Bada boom......bada bing!!!

Randy