Beginners and Beyond

Docket Rocket, can you help me out? Thanks (Read 41 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

As you know, I put my race reports here with the photos.  I copy them from Photobucket and paste them here.

Usually I have no problems with it, but for some reason, the forum here has been X-ing out the photos I paste.   I talked to Photobucket and checked a few other sites out, and this is the only forum/website that is X-ing out my photos.  I don't know why.

Maybe the images are too large, or there is some kind of limit on how many I can post in one post?  I honestly don't know why, I am not technically knowledgeable enough to figure it out.

Can you please  check some of my reports out and see if you can figure out why they are blanked out here?  This happened to the last two I did, the Scallywompus night run and the one I just posted on Monday, the  Zero Prostate 5K run.

Thanks for any help you can give.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

I had no problem seeing the photos when you posted the race reports. Today they aren't there. Perhaps there was a change in either RA's software or photobucket's today.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I had no problem seeing the photos when you posted the race reports. Today they aren't there. Perhaps there was a change in either RA's software or photobucket's today.

Well, I tried the Photos Only link in my reports, and the slideshows are still coming up.  So I think it has something to do with copying the images and pasting them here.

If I can't post the individual photos here - which will probably some me some time, lol, and save all of you a lot of scrolling - I can always just write my report and then just post the public link to the slideshow and y'all can see the photos that way.

Docket_Rocket

I agree with Ginny. Maybe Eric changed something and they won’t come up now?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I agree with Ginny. Maybe Eric changed something and they won’t come up now?

Oh, sorry, Damaris, i thought you were the manager for this forum.  My mistake.

Well, not a big deal in the long run - no pun intended.    I can just post the link that takes everyone directly to the public access for the photos in my albums, instead of just posting them individually here - which probably does eat up a lot of forum space.

I did send a feedback request to Eric, so will wait and see what he tells me.

Docket_Rocket

I am the manager but have no admin powers to change settings like that. Eric, the creator of RunningAhead does and might have some input.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

thanks.  I did send Eric a message and now my photos are showing up again on the site.

So I guess Eric did do some kind of setting change for me!  I need to publicly thank him.

Docket_Rocket

Awesome.  Eric is the best!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Awesome.  Eric is the best!

He is.  I am going to try and help him out with a donation here and there for his expenses for the forum.   As many as reports as I do in a year, this seems fair to me to help out when I can.,