Beginners and Beyond

Bad runs happens Sunday Penguins.. (Read 38 times)

Bin Running

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

As you all know, had a pretty bad runs yday..

Today is much better but with my phone batt flat, I missed my morning run.. Made up with a 7M moments ago. 5 at EZ and 2 at recovery.

Everyone have a good Sunday yo..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

oh early start for the penguin tgread! Thanks, bin, wasn't expecting to find one!

Glad you got yoyr run in. My alarm just went off. I am so tired.....too early!!! But I need to leave for my race in an hour and 15 minutes

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am off to do some trail running with the ultra group.  I hope I don't come all sore and worse, scratched.  It is a very tough trail.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Sunday  !!!  Going to ask DW for a RD after 6@9:30 yesterday out on the streets.  Might even have a DD visit today.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Bin - yup, put the bad run behind you and face the next one eagerly.  Smile

Kristin - Hope your race went well!  I assume you're done already.

Damaris - trail running is the absolute best IMO!

Jerry - that sounds like a great plan.

AFM - as I mentioned yesterday I ran light on the treadmill.  Still feeling good today.  Then I went and got my first running related tattoo (only my second).  On my left outer thigh.  What you can't see is the 13.1 next to the archer.  I won't be putting the 26.2 on it until I complete that distance in October.  The dragon representing everything that fights us a runners to keep us off our feet/less healthy/less fit, etc.  SRD for me today?  I may go walk some more on the dreadmill.  Finally, I signed up for 25k trail run April 15.  I'm pretty excited about that.  I've run on parts of the trail (just don't the road from my house) the race is on and it is a nice place to hit some trails.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Bin - That bad run will become a distant memory eventually.  Just keep getting runs in.  We all know what you're capable of.

Kristin - Good luck!

Damaris - You can't worry about scratches when you're bad ass.  You'll be fine!

Jerry - What's the forecast looking like for March 24th?  I can't wait to get to Chicago.  I hear Gino's has a sports bar now!

N-Bug - I have a similar style of tat that covers that back of my calf.  If you look at it closely though, you'll see that it's not just tribal.  It's F=MxA, which of course means Force = Mass x Acceleration.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Zelanie

Morning, penguins!  Having some coffee and relaxing for a bit.  Later this morning/afternoon, I'm going to run the course for my HM, ideally plus a bit to equal 14 miles.

Then after that, we're headed over to my in-laws' house for some games and pizza.

Bin- Glad you're feeling better on your run today!

kristin- Can't wait to hear about your great race!

D- Trails are shady, so that's gotta be good for something, right?

Jerry- Enjoy the RD and hopefully DD visit as well.

Vance- Love the tattoo!  Very meaningful, but subtle too.

Awood- Morning!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Slept in a bit today and will now head out to Medina River Natural Area, a preserved park that has trails that go along the Medina River.  Haven't been there in a while, it is very scenic.  Will take my camera with me and post some photos of the area later.   Weather is very cooperative today...it is nearly 10 a.m. my time right now, very sunny, and the temp is a nice 51 degrees.  We are heading to 76 degree today.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

I'm also trying to obsess over preparing for my 10 mile race, which is two weeks from today, but the website has been down all weekend!  How else can I confirm that I have to cross a bridge twice?  And how can I freak out about it if I don't know for sure?  Apparently I've had too much coffee this morning.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Gonna get some coffee and start my RR...but spoiler alert....full minute PR this morning!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Vance, nice tat!

Kristin, WTG! Can't wait to hear the details.

I'm gonna do what I hope is not stupid, and that is go for my first double digit run two days in a row. Gonna head out with a group for 12, I'll check in later.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on PR Kristin.  Looking forward to RR.

Gonna get some coffee and start my RR...but spoiler alert....full minute PR this morning!

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Kristin!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Awood - it's been awhile since I've seen a "Show off your running tattoo thread..."  Maybe time for another?  LOL

Zelanie - obsession + caffeine = not good.  Smile

Scottydog - looking forward to the pics.  Also, you could send 10-15 degrees our way and I'd be happy.

Kristin - way to go!!

Mitch - good luck and listen to your body.  You'll do great... as long as you listen.