Beginners and Beyond

Plenty of extra time in the morning to start the TuesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Because I'm not running, but getting up early anyway.

Still sore. More rest.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 4.1 miles in this morning, my right hamstring is still feeling all tight and shit....... it's really rather annoying.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

'Sup!

I mentioned yesterday morning that I was not all that sore but that was before I had to spend the entire day going down any stairs, GEEZUS!

I expect more of the same today but otherwise I am just tickled pink at how well my body held up with all of its fickleness both during the big race and now in recovery.  I must have done something right.  Smile

happylily

Hmmm... How can I put this delicately? I'M FUCKING SORE! Work, roll the stick and maybe 2 or 3 miles if I'm crazy enough later tonight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

...and maybe 2 or 3 miles if I'm crazy enough later tonight.

I actually could probably pull it off but will recover the old fashion way instead; by walking.  lol

Thankfully for me though I do not have another marathon in a few weeks so I can do that.  Good luck with your run!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am not sore. I wonder why....

I have Pilates and weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Morning! My quads are angry (all that time curled up in a ball to avoid stretching out my stomach :/ ), my belly button is itchy, and my kid woke up in the middle of the night crying about a sore throat. Husband is working from home so I just have to make sure they have stuff for lunch and then I will be off to work. Will probably skip walking and just foam roll/stick/stretch the hell out of my legs today, the left one is tight and knotted enough that it's making my knee creaky going down stairs.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Planning on doing my run/walk in a local park after work.  Not sure how many miles today since I never have a structured training plan these days. I just go out and run how I feel.  If I'm feeling good,I will go longer, if not, then shorter.  Fun to be a 'free' fun-runner, which I am since I'm not training for nuthin.....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

I'M FUCKING SORE!

+1

maybe 2 or 3 miles if I'm crazy enough later tonight.

Dave

delicate flower

Good morning, snowflakes!  Still feeling good about my run yesterday.  Today I'm doing an easy double.  Run 1 complete...7 easy miles before work in the cold and darkness.  It was nice to see a couple other runners on the rail trail at 5:30, bopping along with the their lights and reflective gear.  I'm still trying to remember how to dress for 45 degrees.  Long sleeve tech shirt with a very light jacket was too much this morning.  Gloves are definitely needed.  7 more easy miles to do after work.

My home alone time is up.  DW comes home today after being in Florida for four days.  I don't think I wrecked the house too badly.  On the contrary, all of the laundry and grocery shopping is done.

<3

LRB

LRB

Good morning, snowflakes!  Still feeling good about my run yesterday.  Today I'm doing an easy double.  Run 1 complete...7 easy miles before work in the cold and darkness.  It was nice to see a couple other runners on the rail trail at 5:30, bopping along with the their lights and reflective gear.  I'm still trying to remember how to dress for 45 degrees.  Long sleeve tech shirt with a very light jacket was too much this morning.  Gloves are definitely needed.  7 more easy miles to do after work.

My home alone time is up.  DW comes home today after being in Florida for four days.  I don't think I wrecked the house too badly.  On the contrary, all of the laundry and grocery shopping is done.

We all are different but I would not expect to need a jacket until it drops below 27-ish.  Of course that depends on the length and type of run but the 20 degree rule (dressing as if it were 20 degrees warmer than the actual temperature) has never failed me.

I wear gloves around 45 degrees or less, 2 pair or a heavier pair of at 38 or less and so on.

MTA: that first mile always sucks but you usually warm up nicely.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We all are different but I would not expect to need a jacket until it drops below 27-ish.  Of course that depends on the length and type of run but the 20 degree rule (dressing as if it were 20 degrees warmer than the actual temperature) has never failed me.

I wear gloves around 45 degrees or less, 2 pair or a heavier pair of at 38 or less and so on.

MTA: that first mile always sucks but you usually warm up nicely.

Whether the sun is out or not also aides in my decision on what to wear, but I normally run before sun up anyways. Less than 50 degrees I am wearing gloves, capris and a dri-fit T but if it is really windy I'll wear my windbreaker jacket.

Less than 35 degrees I am probably wearing my much warmer gloves, tights, my under armor long sleeve underneath a dri-fit T.

It gets a little more complicated in temps under 10 degrees..........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Wait, she was by me and she never told me?  Sniff!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Wait, she was by me and she never told me?  Sniff!

She went down with her cousin to visit their grandmother and help her settle in for the winter.  I don't think she's had a lot of free time.

<3