ThursDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

Good morning.

I ran 6 on the belt.

What'd you do or are planning to do?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.3 miles of suck.  I have a head cold that is harshing my mellow, but I'm on the upswing.

I managed 3 miles yesterday, then went to the Dr, and then back to bed.  This is looking like a slight cutback week, which isn't really a bad thing.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

OMG HI!  I am skiing Breckenridge today.  HOORAY!  I passed on an opportunity to swim this morning.  I just didn't feel like it.

<3

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Nada. FML.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

It seems as though nearly everyone has been sniffling around these parts lately, and now I'm feeling cloudy in the head. I've done well to not get sick for months and months and months, and would hate to have to slap a bitch for giving me something and breaking that streak. But I will.

LRB

onemile

I ran 6 on the belt.

Because of the cold or icy conditions?  It was freezing with the wind last night but the roads were mostly dry, only a couple small ice patches

LRB

Good morning!

I ran 3.3 miles of suck.  I have a head cold that is harshing my mellow, but I'm on the upswing.

I managed 3 miles yesterday, then went to the Dr, and then back to bed.  This is looking like a slight cutback week, which isn't really a bad thing.

Have a great day folks!

Gosh I hope I don't have that!

Half Crazy K 2.0

It seems as though nearly everyone has been sniffling around these parts lately, and now I'm feeling cloudy in the head. I've done well to not get sick for months and months and months, and would hate to have to slap a bitch for giving me something and breaking that streak. But I will.

I don't think my DH would take to kindly to me slapping him. Going on about 10 days of congestion. DH caught it from a neighbor first. That said, the stomach crap has hit work and I will take this over that any day. I work in a K-8 school, so little kids with not so great hygeine habits.

LRB

Because of the cold or icy conditions?  It was freezing with the wind last night but the roads were mostly dry, only a couple small ice patches

Yes, yesterday's surprise visit by the sun was great in some aspects, but in others left water all over the place which froze overnight. Couple that with the fucks who don't shovel their sidewalks and it just wasn't smart to get out there in the windy darkness. Running across frozen snow and ice exacerbated my stupid foot injury, so I don't wanna risk a second bout of that.

onemile

Yes, yesterday's surprise visit by the sun was great in some aspects, but in others left water all over the place which froze overnight. Couple that with the fucks who don't shovel their sidewalks and it just wasn't smart to get out there in the windy darkness. Running across frozen snow and ice exacerbated my stupid foot injury, so I don't wanna risk a second bout of that.

I avoid the sidewalks in my neighborhood for the same reason. The roads are safer

onemile

It's going to be something like 18, feels like 5 when I run tonight (15 mph wind) and tomorrow is supposed to be the same.  My run for tomorrow is a tempo run of 2x15 min going from HMP down to a little faster down to 10k pace (progressing the pace each 5 minutes).  and then 4x200m.

So I was trying to figure out how to do this at the indoor track and I figure the 15 minutes will end up being approximately 2.25 miles.  8 laps at the track is 2.24 from the middle lane and that way I can check my lap pace to make sure I am on track and get a true measure of my pace

Cyberic

3 x (1 mile T w/1 min jog) + 3 x (193m R w/193m jog)

where T is ~6:35 and R ~5:38

Cyberic

It's going to be something like 18, feels like 5 when I run tonight (15 mph wind) and tomorrow is supposed to be the same.  My run for tomorrow is a tempo run of 2x15 min going from HMP down to a little faster down to 10k pace (progressing the pace each 5 minutes).  and then 4x200m. (1)

So I was trying to figure out how to do this at the indoor track and I figure the 15 minutes will end up being approximately 2.25 miles.  8 laps at the track is 2.24 from the middle lane and that way I can check my lap pace to make sure I am on track and get a true measure of my pace (2)

(1) Nice workout planned. A little like the one I did today, only yours is tougher (I have to fit mine in 35 minutes).

(2) I don't care much anymore about the exactitude of a workout. If the plan says 1 mile repeats, but for some reason running by time is more appropriate on a given day, I will estimate how long a mile should take me, round that to a nice number, and do repeats of, say, 6:30 or 6:45 instead of 1 mile. The benefit to my health is exactly the same even if the repeats are a little longer or a little short of the prescribed mile.