Beginners and Beyond

Cortisone Injections (Read 107 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I got a cortisone injection into my knee for ITBS.  It completely cleared up my pain...until I tried to run again. And then it was right back where I started.  Graston worked so much better and I wish I would have tried it sooner.

Onemile and I are going to team up and be RunningAhead's spokesperson for Graston.  If you have a soft tissue injury, I can't say enough good things.  I had x-rays, MRIs, physical therapy, and 4 months worth of rest.  Graston and ART have been the only things that worked for me.

Running is dumb.

onemile

Maybe we should look into getting free treatments for life out of this endorsement.  Smile

Seriously, I don't think I'd be running without it.  And certainly not as much as I've been able to lately.

Onemile and I are going to team up and be RunningAhead's spokesperson for Graston.  If you have a soft tissue injury, I can't say enough good things.  I had x-rays, MRIs, physical therapy, and 4 months worth of rest.  Graston and ART have been the only things that worked for me.

Philliefan33

I inad a cortisone injection in my shoulder in January, as the first part of treatment for a frozen shoulder.  The effect was immediate, and increased my ROM enough to start PT.   I wasn't worried about masking an injury, since I knew the injuryoccurred in early December and the adhesive capsulitis was a result of resting the injury....I rested so thoroughly that my shoulder froze up like the rusty Tin Man.

I don't think I would rely on cortisone to allow me to resume running without PT or some other treatment to take care of the problem.

camille2

I've had cortisone injections twice for  a Morton's neuroma in my left foot that I've been dealing with for almost 4 years.  I got great relief both times for a few months.  They told me it wouldn't fix the problem  long term, but would give me relief from the pain so that we would have time to explore more options. I'm getting alcohol injections now, which hopefully will be a fix.

I'll add that all my injections have been in the top of my foot and I haven't found them particularly painful-about like other shots. They've been given by 2 different docs.

Both docs told me I would only be able to receive one more steroid injection due to possibility of damage to tendons with more than 3.

Good luck!