Beginners and Beyond

Saterdailies - off to the races (Read 44 times)

No more marathons

Ugh - why don't I feel all fresh and relaxed after a day off.

5K marathon in a bit.

What's ya got?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Bluesky!

Morning.  I have Pilates and Barre classes in a few, then 6 miles and possibly weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning, and good luck racers!

I slow-jogged 2.3 miles.  It wasn't what i hoped for, but it felt different than before.  It still hurt on the top, but with a little PF thrown in.  I'm going to be on my feet quite a bit today, so I'll see how it goes.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Ugh - why don't I feel all fresh and relaxed after a day off.

I haven't felt fresh and relaxed in ages.

Give that hill hell. Smile

LRB

I slow-jogged 2.3 miles.  It wasn't what i hoped for, but it felt different than before.  It still hurt on the top, but with a little PF thrown in.  I'm going to be on my feet quite a bit today, so I'll see how it goes.

Hopefully you have something comfortable to stand around in. Some big ass moon boots perhaps?

LRB

Speaking of ridiculous; after running in 37 degrees Thursday and 32 degrees yesterday, I get to run in 60 degrees today.

Alrighty then.

delicate flower

5K marathon in a bit.

Kick it in the nuts!!  And as always, please don't embarrass us.

'Morning!  Just a chores and errands day for me and DW.  We do have a 10 mile bike ride to do later, which hardly seems worth the effort.  I just finished my five shot Americano, so I'm ready to get moving!

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

More than likely a rest day, heading out to my parents house.

How much stock should I put in accuweather's 4 week out forecast? None? Some? I need to make a decision by Monday (well to save $$) about the marathon on 11/26. Accuweather says ice then rain. The race is in the dreaded "Hereford Zone" of Baltimore county, which means it is colder. Given that I will likely be spending 5 hours outside, I would DNS in those conditions, which I would like to avoid.

How much stock should I put in accuweather's 4 week out forecast? 

lol

Dave

LRB

How much stock should I put in accuweather's 4 week out forecast?

Accuweather's same day forecast is folly, so I'm pretty sure their four week forecast includes the disclaimer:

For entertainment purposes only, unless you're a runner. In which case the forecast is strictly to fuck with your head.

lol

LRB

I ran 6.3.

It was the first run in forever that didn't suck. I caught a case of the shits though that last mile. It had me pretty worried but I dove headfirst through the living room window, and made it to my throne with nary a second to spare!

GinnyinPA

LRB - lol

Half Crazy - Do you have to sign up now?  Does the race actually fill up?  End of November in MD is likely to be cold and wet, but it could also be sunny and 60. Can you wait and see?

Cyberic

I ran 6.3.

It was the first run in forever that didn't suck. I caught a case of the shits though that last mile. It had me pretty worried but I dove headfirst through the living room window, and made it to my throne with nary a second to spare!

Good job on the stunt. Did you roll off your shoulder on landing? Since that's the correct way to do it, and all.

Ran 8.5ish. It didn't rain much this summer, but lately fall has been pretty wet.

In other news, my Internet provider is having problems, and I'm getting dial-up modem speeds, right now. When it actually works 

Lunar boots? Wow! How old was I in those days? 10, maybe.

No more marathons

Did OK.  4th overall, 1st PhatOldMan.

Garmin time was 21:59 - time called at awards was 19:31.

Hmmmm.  They might be a bit off, but what the hell, I'll take it.  LOL  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ginny, prices go up by $10. It's a smaller race, I think 500 max and it may sell out.