Beginners and Beyond

Shamrock 2013 (Read 535 times)

Dreamn

I'm in Corral 1 for the half!  I may see Dtothe2nd and then he shall leave me the in the dust Big grin.

I'm not too concerned about the weather at all, but I do find it odd that of the 3 major weather services are diverging as we get closer.  NOAA has removed any chance of rain on Sunday and has it at 0%, Accuweather has it at 30%, and Weather.com(TWC) has it 60%.  I always give NOAA the most weight as they are usually most accurate.  Al Roker?  Fun to watch sometimes, but not as accurate :-)

My prediction:  Cool at the start, but perfect running temps once you get going!  Not much wind! (good)  And I doubt it would rain in the few hours that the run is occurring. :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

aplodder

Susan

Corral 5 for the half, and I'm liking that weather report, K L Duke.

Corral 3 for the full.  The weather is indeed looking a bit better.

Bib # 3656 for me on the full.  I assume that has me in Corral 3...

I forgot what "estimated time" in put in there.  I registered not long after my slow 4:48ish MCM performance, I probably projected about a 4:15-4:30 fo rthe Shamrock, but with lots of recent high mileage training and a nice result in some recent 20K and 30K races, I think I will be done before 4:10 and a 3:59:59 is even possible.

I am probably just going to corral jump (if necessary) or change corrals at the expo if needed and run just ahead of the 4:00:00 Pacer which will be just over 9 minutes a mile pace...  ---- 3 days to go, folks!  Nothing to do now but rest and eat lots of carbs. :-)

Mmmmm...beer

I'm in Corral 1 for the half!  I may see Dtothe2nd and then he shall leave me the in the dust Big grin.

Corral 1 for me too, make sure to say hi if you see me, I'll be wearing the same outfit as my avi pic, bib # 5342.

I'm a little concerned about being able to warmup properly and get to my corral, guess I'll just have to see what it looks like when I get there.  I didn't do any warmup at my last half, but I'll be running a lil quicker this time around.

I'll try to save some beer for all of you running the full, but no guarantees. Wink

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

A report on the Shamrock a couple years indicated:

"Post-race refreshments ..... Your race bib got you 4 (!?!) Yuengling beers. 274 KEGS were consumed this year. We must be a bunch of drinkers with a running problem...."

We figured out there were 165 servings that come out of a Keg of beer, so multiplied times 274 kegs.....  That's over 45,000 cups of Yuengling beer.  Approve

aplodder

Susan

That's a lot of beer!

I'll be wearing a green tech shirt, probably arm warmers, and black shorts, also a bright orange bracelet band.  If you see me on the course or in Corral 5 for the half please say hello.

That's a lot of beer!

I'll be wearing a green tech shirt, probably arm warmers, and black shorts, also a bright orange bracelet band.  If you see me on the course or in Corral 5 for the half please say hello.

<------Say "Hi" if you see this guy....  :-D

---I'll be watching the half start while I wait for the full to start later, so I will say Hi if I see any of you folks :-)

Also, I will probably wear the same thing in 2013 that I did in 2011:  (See Profile Pic).  White 2011 Marathon Long sleeve, shorts, and a Shamrock finisher hat from a previous year on backwards.   (At least at the start... I'll turn that Succer around after the race starts as not to get that "rainbow" shaped sunburn on my forehead like I did the first year.

aplodder

Susan

K L Duke, definitely say hi if you see the orange bracelet.  (I'll be at NC24 too, so I'll see you there if not at Shamrock.)

UPSucks

I picked up my race packet this afternoon.  The expo was already busy.  Too many people in line to pay for me to buy any extra goodies, but I did get the most important thing already!!  My wristband for the Yuengling!!

slowrunningjulie

Good luck everyone!

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

I wonder if another glass of Merlot will make my cold go away.

Ball of Fury

Alcohol kills germs!!  Seriously, I hope you feel better and good luck this weekend!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Mmmmm...beer

I picked up my race packet this afternoon.  The expo was already busy.  Too many people in line to pay for me to buy any extra goodies, but I did get the most important thing already!!  My wristband for the Yuengling!!

Same here!  I liked the green Shamrock On tech shirt, but that line was way too long.  Might swing by tomorrow and see if it's better.  Got my wristband! Smile

Carb loading with pizza and girl scout cookies. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!