Beginners and Beyond

PLEASE bring on the Coffee, Penguins... Please... (Read 34 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  I've been nursing DH all week through a helluva stomach thing -- I think it was food poisoning.  Anyway, he started vomiting and running a fever on Tuesday, and by Thursday evening he was pretty dehydrated and dizzy, so I took him to the urgent care clinic.  They gave him some anti-nausea stuff and told us to see his primary care doc, so I stayed home from work on Friday and took him to the doc.  There he got some antibiotics, so basically the rest of my Friday and weekend was reminding him when his meds were due, cleaning the bathrooms, keeping up with the laundry and dishes, etc.  He's finally doing better, keeping down things like applesauce, but I basically haven't done much except take care of him and keep the house together for the past few days.  Hopefully this week is a better week!!

N-Bug -- hope you got some java!!

Docket -- have a good 6 tonight!!

Bin -- have fun with your either/or today!!

Awood -- Our TM sucks, and I am never tempted to run on it.  That said, we got it from a friend for $50, so it's not exactly a GOOD treadmill ...

Howdy, LRB!!   Join the coffee party!!

Jerryb -- woo-hoo for getting stuff done!!

T-rod -- woo-hoo for your 5.2!!  And for doing a run that rhymed for me!

scotty -- did you get the results of your MRI yet?  How's your vertigo?

Lauren -- love how you toss that off, "I ran a bit faster ..."  Woo-hoo!!

Phillie -- have a good run, and those Oregon mornings sound really nice!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Hope, sounds like what we got after the SF trip but add the other stomach issues to it too.  Hope he feels better soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bingo_jenn

Hi guys!  Remember me??

Docket_Rocket

Well, lookie here, Jenn!

Wait, who are you? Joking

I'm doing MCM again, FYI!

Hi guys!  Remember me??

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Hope, sounds like what we got after the SF trip but add the other stomach issues to it too.  Hope he feels better soon.

Yeah, the "other" stomach issue kicked in Friday afternoon.  With a vengeance!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's a bingo_jenn sighting!!!!  Hey, chickie!

Sloooow.

Checking in before I go crawl into my hole. Still feeling like death warmed up, fever and body aching, cough, bleh. In good running news, looks like there is a local 10K in November, I'll have to sign up. It's called the Cajun Cup 10K, so I was worried it would only be the speedy ones. Checked out last years race results and they have shufflers like me Smile

GinnyinPA

Vance - hope you got a good pot of strong coffee.  My husband is allergic, but he makes me a pot every morning, so I wake up to a fresh cuppa.

Damaris - enjoy your six.

Bin - recovery miles done?

Awood - good luck on your double.  If P3 wants to continue running, then whatever will make it happen is a good idea.  I like my TM but it's very basic: a Nordictrak I bought at Sears many years ago, that sat mostly unused until I started running.

Hi LRB - you're welcome to a cup if you can find some left.

Jerry - hope the doctor's visit goes well.

Scotty - thanks for starting the day off  with a smile.  That's even better than coffee, though I need the coffee to be able to see the screen.  Hope the weights go well for you.

Tomas - good job on the 5.2.

Lauren - good job on the intervals.  Your comeback is going well.

HopesMom - sorry you've had to deal with a very sick husband.  Hope you don't catch whatever it was.

Coralie - I hope you're feeling a bit better today.  That 10k is a good goal for you - In the cool of the year, but not too cold.

Margo - I hope you have a terrific vacation in Oregon.  Do you have family out there?  Enjoy some cool running if you can.

AFM:  not hot here, but very humid (DP 71).  I walked the dog and mowed the lawn, which was enough outdoor time for me.  When I cool down, I'll do a few miles on the TM.

Sloooow.

Ginny, you always rock the personals Smile DP here is 74, so I know how miserable you must've felt. I actually feel much worse today, whatever this junk is has settled in my chest. I had childhood asthma, mostly grew out of it but my lungs are weak. I'm hoping to be back to short runs by Thursday/Friday.

Zelanie

Good morning!  I ran my 6 this morning.  We are getting ready for vacation- we are leaving Friday to drive to southern California.  We'll stay a couple of days with my parents and then head over to the beach where DH has some family we can stay with.  It looks like there are some good running routes in both places, so I'm looking forward to some new scenery!

Gotta get that coffee made.

Vance- Hope that you were able to get that coffee.

D- Enjoy the run later!

Bin- I hope that you have a good day, enjoy the rest or the recovery run.

Awood- I really hope that I have a treadmill by the time that I am training for a marathon.  There are just too many days where stuff like that can come up, and with high enough mileage and quality work, it can be hard to catch up.  Hope that you are able to find something.

LRB- Should have known the coffee would bring you in here!

Jerry- Hope that you get some answers today.

Scotty- Enjoy the RD, and thanks for the laughs!

T-rod- Do you not drink coffee, or not have any?

Lauren- Nice job on the 400s!   There's a group around here that does a Wed. eve track workout, I am thinking of joining them either this week or when I get back.

Margo- Mornings here have been fantastic for running!  I hope you have a great trip!

HsM- Ugh, sorry that DH is still fighting this!  What a crummy birthday week!

Jenn- Hiya!

Coralie- That sounds like a great race to aim for!

Ginny- I'm impressed with your consistent TM mileage!

Mmm, our neighbor just dropped off some fresh plums.  Summer is great!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi guys!  Remember me??

Remember you?  Heck, Jenn, I still dream about you.  Joking

Hope you've been doing well!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

HsM, glad to hear your DH is doing better and hope you can get yourself back to your normal activities!

Good luck with your TM run, Ginny.  Try and stay cool in that sticky weather you have.  So how did the dog like walking in muggy weather? Maybe he'd like to walk on the TM too.  Joking

Coralie, sorry you are not feeling well!  Wishing you a speedy recovery?  Cajun Cup 10K?  Sounds like a spicy event!  I wonder if you have to eat cajun food or drink at some miles along the way?   What is 'local" for you?  I thought you lived in Nawlins.

Congrats on your 6, Zelanie!   Maybe when you go to CA, you can arrange to FE with Jack, doesn't he live in CA?

Happy vacation, Margo!

Yeah, Awood, you don't seem the type to me not to get anything done.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I will read over everything later, quick check in now though.... SRD

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sloooow.

Coralie, sorry you are not feeling well!  Wishing you a speedy recovery?  Cajun Cup 10K?  Sounds like a spicy event!  I wonder if you have to eat cajun food or drink at some miles along the way?   What is 'local" for you?  I thought you lived in Nawlins.

We're about 2 1/2 hours away from New Orleans! We live in South Central LA, local for us is Lafayette (about 30 miles away). We're kind of out in the country.

Zelanie, have a wonderful vacation!

Kristin, enjoy your rest day Smile

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

We are on the way home. I got in a few recovery runs in Glacier. I will likely do a RR in the next few days after we unpack and unwind.  I hope you are all well. Look what wandered into our camp on more the one occasion!