Beginners and Beyond

PLEASE bring on the Coffee, Penguins... Please... (Read 34 times)

I found a picture of Awood on the runners world ad on my FB page Smile

DR- What do you mean you are doing MCM again?

Z- I might drink a cup of coffee a month. if i need something to pick me up, I usually go for a mountain dew or pepsi.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

I ran MCM last year.  And I'm running it this year.

Z- I might drink a cup of coffee a month. if i need something to pick me up, I usually go for a mountain dew or pepsi.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I ran MCM last year.  And I'm running it this year.

ok- thats what I was thinking, but it almost read like you had backed out and decided to do it again. I need cheap plane tickets to get there to MCM. I am registered and everything. I wonder how much I can sell a bib for????

I also have disney lodging for disney world marathon/goofy challenge that aint happening  Sad

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Boo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Boo.

well if i can sell one MCM bib I can use the other and buy plane tickets (and it not be so painful). Or I can cash in my retirement and buy a bunch of lotto tix Smile

Tomas

bingo_jenn

ok- thats what I was thinking, but it almost read like you had backed out and decided to do it again. I need cheap plane tickets to get there to MCM. I am registered and everything. I wonder how much I can sell a bib for????

I also have disney lodging for disney world marathon/goofy challenge that aint happening  Sad

Where are you coming from?  Check out flights to BWI and Dulles, too.  BWI is cheap to get down from on the train.  Dulles is a pain in the ass, but not awful if it saves you a lot of money.  

Techinically, you're supposed to sell the bib at face value.  I think you can get in a lot of trouble for selling it at a higher price.  If you sell it before the end of the transfer period, the new person can run under their own name, which I think is awesome.

Where are you coming from?  Check out flights to BWI and Dulles, too.  BWI is cheap to get down from on the train.  Dulles is a pain in the ass, but not awful if it saves you a lot of money.  

Techinically, you're supposed to sell the bib at face value.  I think you can get in a lot of trouble for selling it at a higher price.  If you sell it before the end of the transfer period, the new person can run under their own name, which I think is awesome.

I could fly from corpus christi, Austin, or San Antonio (TX). DW would be coming with me and the cheapest flights I have seen are like $400 each.

I need to look and see when the transfer period ends.

Tomas

SheCan

Jack what a cute picture!  Do you know if he's a beaver or a  marmot?  I can't wait to hear more about your trip when you have time.  Neat that you also saw that bear!

I slept a little late, but still managed to run 13-1/2, though by the time i got home, it was warming up a bit.  It wasn't nearly as pleasant as i was hoping and I ended up slowing down quite a bit.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Doctor agrees with PT that its probably hip flexor and just try to ramp up slow and do the exercises.  So I ran ran/walked, .25 mile intervals really slow for 4.5 miles (16mpm avg).  Felt fine, but can still feel a little tightness when I lift my knee up.  I'll do this rest of week.

Is this too aggressive?   Opinions, thoughts, advice ???

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope the hubby is better soon,  Hopesmom.

Feel better Coralie.

Zelanie

Jerry- That kind of sounds like what I did.  Doc and PT agreed that I wasn't going to do any damage by running as long as I didn't run through actual pain.  I did run to the edge of stiffness/soreness, though, especially at first.  And the exercises take a while to work.  I see them as more preventing future problems in the area rather than fixing the current issue.

Good luck to you!

Cherie- Good job getting the 13.1 in!

Even though we are trying to save money, I just bought myself Zensah leg sleeves and a travel roller for the trip.  I had no idea how expensive the calf sleeves were- yikes!  At least my LRS has a discount if you're in the local running club.

tracilynn

Jerry, I think your pplan sounds Good. Just back off if it tightens up.

what makes a running streak? Like a minimum of 1 mile ? On the "rest" days?

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Zel, what color are the sleeves?

~~~~~~~

Traci

GinnyinPA

Jack - cute marmot.  I hope he didn't get into your stuff.  They can be pretty aggressive - looking for food and salt.

Jerry - I think you should be fine, starting slowly like that.  Stiff is okay, pain is not.  Just be careful not to ramp up the distance too quickly.

Tomas - I second the idea of BWI.  When we lived in that area, we did most of our flights out of there.  Southwest has cheaper flights, usually, but they may be jacking up prices that week because of the high demand.  Why can't you do Disney?  Work or money?

Zelanie - I hope you have a good vacation too.  Funny that you're leaving Oregon just when Margo is going there.  Maybe you'll see each other in passing ;-)

Jenn - sorry - I missed you before.  Hello!

Kristin - hope your rest day went well.  Are you doing any cross-training?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

No no no Thomas...my hair is on my back, not my chest and stomach.  Sheesh!  LOL

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013