Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins fail with glee!! (Read 11 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today is International Day for Failure.  Why is that a good thing?  Because if you never fail, that means you've never attempted anything lofty, unusual, or out of your reach!  So, tell me one thing you succeeded at today, and one thing you failed at!

I'll have to do yesterday, because it's pretty early in the morning and I'm just getting started.

Success:  Fixed some tuning issues in quartet that were solely and absolutely caused by me singing the wrong pitch.

Failure:  Didn't figure out my new software program and how to use it to analyze a customer's data.  Will have to re-attempt that today!

Chorus rehearsal tonight, woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Morning,

I didn't make my trail run yesterday after work. I'm a morning runner and it's tough for me to get out and run after work,

Ran 6 this morning.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Going out for a chilly 4 on the bike path.  Glad Intl Fail Day is today and not Saturday when we race.

Figuring out new software..so fun, HsM Smile

It's also National Train Your Brain Day and National No Bra Day.  Not celebrating those either.

Singer who runs a smidge

So you ARE wearing a bra today? 

GinnyinPA

PAD - switching times to run is hard. I'm usually an afternoon runner, so about the only time I run in the morning is at races.  I think that's one reason I don't sign up for more races: I hate to get up early!

Jerry - I hope your cold run is a good one.

HopesMom - have fun at rehearsal tonight.  I'm glad you figured out your pitch problem.  With a capella, it's hard to hide. Good luck figuring out the software.

A rainy day here, so the planned hike will have to wait.  I will probably run a few miles later if the knee behaves.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

So you ARE wearing a bra today? 

Bwaaaahahaha...okay, I'm celebrating.  DW is not.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

2-Mile Zoo Fun Run yesterday at 6:30 pm - altho we don't get to run in the actual Zoo, just in the park next to the Zoo, but still good.  Nice off-road trails, shade trees, etc.  After the run, a nice 'social hour' with some cold beer, water, snacks, etc.  Very pleasant evening and the run went well too...although it took me a bit longer than others, as I stopped on the trail to play with a couple of dogs and give them some treats.  I don't care.  I had fun.

I will be running bra-less today after work. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Another late day for me, sigh.  I ran 6 on the TM earlier and went to Pilates.  I still cannot breathe well but at least OK.

I fail a lot, don't need a day for it, Hope!

PAD, nice 6.

Jerry, nice run.

Ginny, sorry about the missed hike.

Scotty, nice run!

Damaris

Zelanie

I succeeded in getting onto the TM to run after working both jobs today.  Thursdays are really hard for me in that regard.

I failed at getting a healthy breakfast this morning, because Zoe was sick and I had to deal with that. Sad  We got her some meds for her hot spots this weekend, but since she is such a delicate flower they are making her sick.  So now we have prescriptions to counteract the effects of her prescriptions.

GinnyinPA

I'm sorry Zoe is sick - and having hot spots.  Ben had that issue a couple of times when we first got him, but hasn't since.  When I was on the GR forum, they suggested just putting Listerine on a spot where the dog is licking. It helps because a) it tastes terrible, so they stop licking, b) it's antibiotic, so it heals the sore spot. We've done that a couple of times when he started licking and it did work for us.