Beginners and Beyond

Interesting fact about alcohol (Read 223 times)

MrNamtor

I do not eat a lot of sweets so they are not my weakness, pizza is.  And believe me when I tell you, I do damage!

when i lived in New York I lived on pizza. 2 something dollars a slice, a pizza shop every 75 feet and a lot of them open till 3-4 AM? That is a recipe for personal disaster in my case. Not to mention that NYC pizza is probably the best overall in the world. Maybe better than in Italy.

Comparatively speaking, I did most of my over drinking as a yute.  But between the ages of 30 and 45, I chose quality over quantity, so the end result was the same, ha-ha!

I've always preferred fabulous to feh.

Not to mention that NYC pizza is probably the best overall in the world. 

As someone who grew up in the Chicago area, I take issue with that statement. Chicago-style deep dish all the way. Additional benefits in sheer calorie/fat density - try stacking up about 6 NY slices and you get an idea.

I have pretty much sworn off pizza in general since I started trying to eat healthier in recent years, but when I get back to Chicago I can't help but indulge.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Good interpretation!

In other words, alcohol helps you store extra fuel for your next marathon.  Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Word.  Especially cheesecake...or cupcakes.

Last night I had both alcohol and cupcakes.  Not at the same time as that would've been yucky unless it was a cupcake martini.

The thing with alcohol is that if I'm going to blow all those calories, I'd rather just have a piece of cake or something!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Note to you.  Never EVER eat pizza in Miami.  Worst pizza in the world, ugh.  I agree, NY is among the best (if not the best) that I've tried.  Actually NY pizza is better than Italy's. 

when i lived in New York I lived on pizza. 2 something dollars a slice, a pizza shop every 75 feet and a lot of them open till 3-4 AM? That is a recipe for personal disaster in my case. Not to mention that NYC pizza is probably the best overall in the world. Maybe better than in Italy.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Village people

I do not eat a lot of sweets so they are not my weakness, bread is.  And believe me when I tell you, I do damage!

Fyp and now I am going to make some bread.

LRB

Fyp and now I am going to make some bread.

I know that's right sister girl!  :P

Village people

I know that's right sister girl!  :P

I sometimes put pizza like toppings on the bread dough!

LRB

I sometimes put pizza like toppings on the bread dough!

I eat cold cheese sandwiches with mustard...although lately, I have been eating them open face, you know, what with me watchin' calories and all.  Wink

Village people

I eat cold cheese sandwiches with mustard...although lately, I have been eating them open face, you know, what with me watchin' calories and all.  Wink

That was my favorite sandwich when I was a kid, lol. I don't eat cheese anymore, though.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

When it comes to alcohol, the last thing I want is facts.

I'm a few pages late to this thread. But "you and me both"!

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Chicago...they make right the first time.  So, you don't have to fold it in half.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Chicago

New York

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

My pizza > Chicago pizza > NY pizza

You people have issues